English Premier League 2021/22 Season

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's a talented young English footballer, absolutely f**k all will be done, it'll be brushed under the carpet by the media who'll ignore it after the initial news, and he'll have a career in the top flight.

Football is a hellscape of missing morals.

Opposition fans will never let it go away.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They signed a proven rapist in Ronaldo this Summer without blinking, so I daresay Greenwood will be fine.

Careful.

You give a f**k tonne of money to young men then there's always going to be trouble.
Top end of Union Street used to be chaos on a Saturday night. Young guys, with an overinflated self worth due to their inflated O&G wage combined with drugs and alcohol.
I'd like to think most people even with a ton of cash wouldn't turn into a sexual predator and it seems to happen more and more with these c***s.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I'd like to think most people even with a ton of cash wouldn't turn into a sexual predator and it seems to happen more and more with these c***s.

It's a world we'll never know. 

Most of these c***s haven't had to enter a shop since they've turned 18. Get what they want, when they want.

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Opposition fans will never let it go away.

Probably not, unless he scores an important goal for England, then the excuses will start to get more widespread.

Football is rotten to the core and any "punishment" directly ties in with your ability/value. 

My only hope is the audio recording absolutely and utterly fucks him in a legal way and he gets stuck in jail, but we all know that won't happen.

There's posts on reddit from last year from someone who works at Man U, long before this story broke, saying the club were aware of Greenwood beating up his girlfriend, fwiw, but nothing was done about it either in terms of making him stop or supporting his girlfriend.

That's the world you're living in.

Edited by RandomGuy.

There's posts on reddit from last year from someone who works at Man U, long before this story broke, saying the club were aware of Greenwood beating up his girlfriend, fwiw, but nothing was done about it either in terms of making him stop or supporting his girlfriend.
United will act when/if it looks like hurting their brand. If this one catches fire on social media, they will launch him.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably not, unless he scores an important goal for England, then the excuses will start to get more widespread.

Football is rotten to the core and any "punishment" directly ties in with your ability/value. 

My only hope is the audio recording absolutely and utterly fucks him in a legal way and he gets stuck in jail, but we all know that won't happen.

I think this is why his girlfriend (hopefully ex gf now) has gone public, so it can’t be buried. I suspect it’s clear that had nobody known about it it would be easy for him with his wealth and influence to have this covered up and be fairly unaffected.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

United will act when/if it looks like hurting their brand. If this one catches fire on social media, they will launch him.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They signed a proven rapist in Ronaldo this Summer without blinking, so I daresay Greenwood will be fine.

It already is apparently. With the girl receiving abuse as well sadly, but not surprisingly.

I think this is why his girlfriend (hopefully ex gf now) has gone public, so it can’t be buried. I suspect it’s clear that had nobody known about it it would be easy for him with his wealth and influence to have this covered up and be fairly unaffected.
Agreed, if she'd went straight to the police with evidence it would all be kept very quite probably ending with a settlement. Fair play for her standing up to what will no doubt be a media frenzy with journalists trying to twist anything she says.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Another footballer who thinks he's untouchable?

Can't wait to boo him when we play Clyde.

In seriousness, that's horrendous and I hope they throw the book at the little c**t. Fair play to the lassie for posting as she'll be aware that she'll be in for a torrent of abuse for doing so (such is the world we live in) from blinkered/idiotic football fans.

Cue the Mason Greenwood is sorry video, then we will all be expected to forget it happened and just accept him making fucktons of money while he goes on being a women beating beast.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Most shocking thing I thought was someone so young has no respect for his girlfriend it's not like he's some old guy who was raised in a different time. Did his parents never tell him no means no, that said he's old enough to know for himself if that indeed was him in the voice recording and he did indeed cause the injury to her.

Most importantly, hope she is safe.

If only UEFA & FIFA had a moral compass, then he would never again make a single penny from football, but yeah we have seen exactly how they operate.

Southgate probably had an idea too (at least an idea of his character) beyond Greenwood and Foden misbehaving in Iceland which I think most folk believed was the reason for his constant omissions.

1 hour ago, Charles Stiles said:

Looks like Ryan Giggs influence at Man United went deeper than we thought.

That is not funny m9, it is sad but telling that Sky Sports News are spraffing shite about Derby County rather than focusing on this right now.

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just heard the audio recording. Holy f**k. If he hasn't already raped the poor lassie then that recording is a massive red flag that he will do it to someone in the future.

He was raping her, c**t should be in the jail for decades and every penny he has made should be awarded to her in compensation.

He was raping her, c**t should be in the jail for decades and every penny he has made should be awarded to her in compensation.

I don't think he was at the time but it was definitely heading that way going by the recording. I don't want to think what happened after she stopped recording.

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Southgate probably had an idea too (at least an idea of his character) beyond Greenwood and Foden misbehaving in Iceland which I think most folk believed was the reason for his constant omissions.

Of course he will have.

There's seemingly a "high profile" Liverpool player who's been at it too, but everyone with knowledge is expected to keep quiet about it.

It's quite clearly rife amongst footballers.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, Cristiano Ronaldo is a worldwide brand in himself. The whole world, football and otherwise accepted him. I see this playing out a bit differently. Dont you?

There were protests and petitions to stop Ronaldo being signed and I bey you barely anyone on this site even knows that happened.

If you think the English media are going to hang a young English player out to dry then you're grossly mistaken. It'll be the same as Ronaldo in that they'll just swamp any bad press with good press and hope the majority of people simply don't cate.