English Premier League 2021/22 Season

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looks like he's given up on England. And rightly so. 

Yeah I don’t blame him. He’s been decent for a few seasons now, I’m just surprised as he’s a decent (and different) option up front.

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah I don’t blame him. He’s been decent for a few seasons now, I’m just surprised as he’s a decent (and different) option up front.

He's another that Moyes has managed to get to raise their game to a new level. 

He did similar with Arnautovic when he started playing him through the middle in his first spell there. 

He's another that Moyes has managed to get to raise their game to a new level. 
He did similar with Arnautovic when he started playing him through the middle in his first spell there. 

Moyes seems like a good man manager. I am glad he’s doing well at west ham. He maybe wasn’t the right person to replace Ferguson, but he wasn’t the shite manager he was made out to be. He was on a hiding to nothing at Sunderland as the recent 3 years and netflix documentaries have shown. That team were heading down sooner or later, you only get away with being that shit, year after year. It’s a bit cliche, but the players he has seem to buy into how he wants to play and suit it at west ham. They probably won’t get the success the fans want there under him, but they are in europe this year.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Antonio's playing for Jamaica next month. They might have an outside chance of qualifying for the World Cup.

I knew he got his passport, but hadn't heard that he'd made the final decision. Good for him. Jamaica has had some decent teams over the past decade (got to the Gold Cup final a few years back), but he'll make them a definite contender for one of those World Cup spots. Unfathomable that England hasn't even given him a cap. He's a monster in the box.

West Ham has been a pleasure to watch this year (and no slouch last). I've always rated Moyes as a manager, but he's really building something with the Hammers. Also happy I got Antonio and Benrahma in my FPL team before the season started.

Guest TheJTS98
14 hours ago, Meldrew said:

paying £70 for a tracksuit top to take the piss and have your video go viral would be worth it, sadly this is just another entitled twat who was probably 10 when Arsenal has a brief spell as genuine title winners and contenders

Brief spell?

They won the league 5 times in a 16-year spell when they were also runners-up 5 times as well as winning seven cups in England and Europe and are England's third-most successful club over the history of the game.

I don't really have a strong opinion on Arsenal, but I do find all the reaction stuff to Arsenal's start quite funny. Everything I've listened to or seen so far has absolutely slaughtered them for ages before chucking in at the end, 'but they were missing 9 or 10 players and playing the European champions'.

So maybe everyone should calm down.

Play Harry Kane for every minute of every game, assume whoever is #2 goalscorer in EPL can deputise if Kane is injured, is about the extent of Englands tactics up front.

4 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

Brief spell?

They won the league 5 times in a 16-year spell when they were also runners-up 5 times as well as winning seven cups in England and Europe and are England's third-most successful club over the history of the game.

I don't really have a strong opinion on Arsenal, but I do find all the reaction stuff to Arsenal's start quite funny. Everything I've listened to or seen so far has absolutely slaughtered them for ages before chucking in at the end, 'but they were missing 9 or 10 players and playing the European champions'.

So maybe everyone should calm down.

this thread is titled ''premier league'',  young guys like this entitled clown think football was invented in 1992, so no, they haven't won the league 5 times in 16 years, they've won 3 ''prems'' since its inception the last being 18 years ago and they choked in their only CL Final {just like spurs}  Fans don't give a f**k about domestic cups  anymore {unless they win one} if they did, there wouldnt be an Arsenal TV to laugh at on a Saturday night and twats like this wouldnt be making videos like that either.

Moyes seems like a good man manager. I am glad he’s doing well at west ham. He maybe wasn’t the right person to replace Ferguson, but he wasn’t the shite manager he was made out to be. He was on a hiding to nothing at Sunderland as the recent 3 years and netflix documentaries have shown. That team were heading down sooner or later, you only get away with being that shit, year after year. It’s a bit cliche, but the players he has seem to buy into how he wants to play and suit it at west ham. They probably won’t get the success the fans want there under him, but they are in europe this year.

When he took over United as well it did feel like the fans and boardroom were unwilling to give him time to work it out.

He’ll have West Ham pulling off an Everton 2004-2013 as long as he’s in the job.

Guest TheJTS98
55 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

this thread is titled ''premier league'',  young guys like this entitled clown think football was invented in 1992, so no, they haven't won the league 5 times in 16 years, they've won 3 ''prems'' since its inception the last being 18 years ago and they choked in their only CL Final {just like spurs}  Fans don't give a f**k about domestic cups  anymore {unless they win one} if they did, there wouldnt be an Arsenal TV to laugh at on a Saturday night and twats like this wouldnt be making videos like that either.

It's actually entitled 'Premier League 2021/22 Season' so I'm afraid your reference to specific changes in specific years is pointless.

Arsenal did win the league 5 times and finish top 2 ten times in 16 years (a spell that also saw them reach three European finals), so I'm afraid your reference to them having a brief spell as genuine contenders is complete nonsense.

Unless, of course, YOU believe that football began in 1992.

The tone of your post is that Arsenal are a club lacking in achievement. They're England's third most successful club and you're talking mince. All the goalpost-shifting in the world won't change that.

Football goes in circles, and Arsenal will be back eventually. But I can understand why supporters of a club that finished top two 10 years out of 16 are unhappy to be finishing below the European places these days, having gone from 5 titles in 16 years to none in 17. Call it entitled if you like, but I think it's an understandable frustration.

Edited by TheJTS98

25 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

It's actually entitled 'Premier League 2021/22 Season' so I'm afraid your reference to specific changes in specific years is pointless.

Arsenal did win the league 5 times and finish top 2 ten times in 16 years (a spell that also saw them reach three European finals), so I'm afraid your reference to them having a brief spell as genuine contenders is complete nonsense.

Unless, of course, YOU believe that football began in 1992.

The tone of your post is that Arsenal are a club lacking in achievement. They're England's third most successful club and you're talking mince. All the goalpost-shifting in the world won't change that.

Football goes in circles, and Arsenal will be back eventually. But I can understand why supporters of a club that finished top two 10 years out of 16 are unhappy to be finishing below the European places these days, having gone from 5 titles in 16 years to none in 17. Call it entitled if you like, but I think it's an understandable frustration.

''its actually entitled premier league 2021/22 season'' being a pedant to win a discussion on a forum, well played sir.....you then go on to say  ''all the goalpost shifting in the world won't change that'' but those 5 times in 16 years are between 1988 and 2004....if that's not goalpost shifting, i don't know what is, so really its 5 in 33 years, or you can round it up to the half dozen in half a century, i'm in two minds how to end this post, so i'll go with the P&B's  ''Big Team Found'' 

Guest TheJTS98
6 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

''its actually entitled premier league 2021/22 season'' being a pedant to win a discussion on a forum, well played sir.....you then go on to say  ''all the goalpost shifting in the world won't change that'' but those 5 times in 16 years are between 1988 and 2004....if that's not goalpost shifting, i don't know what is, so really its 5 in 33 years, or you can round it up to the half dozen in half a century, i'm in two minds how to end this post, so i'll go with the P&B's  ''Big Team Found'' 

It's really very simple.

You said Arsenal's period of success and genuinely challenging was 'brief'.

That is patent nonsense. They are England's third most successful club. That's all.

Edited by TheJTS98

When he took over United as well it did feel like the fans and boardroom were unwilling to give him time to work it out.

He’ll have West Ham pulling off an Everton 2004-2013 as long as he’s in the job.

Yeah, that united side needed quite a bit done to it and he wasn’t backed. Not helped by having woodward in charge of negotiations. I think you are right, he will be able to bring players through and make hapf decent signings. As long as you say he is given the time in the job, and arsenal continue their downward slide, they have the potential to be top 6/7 consistently.