Maryhill v Maxwelltown (Dumfries)

I think the fact Queens would've had to come out of their tunnel and walk up to the tunnel at the offices to line up and applaud the team on would've been a bit daft.

This has already had too many replies to what was probably a throw away remark as I doubt anyone really cares about a guard of honour outside the Old Firm demanding the other do it for them when they run away with the league.

11 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think the fact Queens would've had to come out of their tunnel and walk up to the tunnel at the offices to line up and applaud the team on would've been a bit daft.

This has already had too many replies to what was probably a throw away remark as I doubt anyone really cares about a guard of honour outside the Old Firm demanding the other do it for them when they run away with the league.

Well said...

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Sigh.

As I said earlier there was a lot to be encouraged by today but if we're going to continue to gift teams 2/3 goals every game then we're in trouble. I don't want to hear it's individual errors anymore, we need to responsibility as a team defensively.

A draw would have been a fair result today but if you defend as badly as that you get what you deserve.

Greg Aitken isn't my favourite official but I didn't think he was as bad as others are saying tbh. I found one of his decisions baffling - Graham stopped an attack in the second half by pulling back our player and avoided an obvious yellow. He then booked Graham later for kicking the ball away. Objectively he's lucky to have stayed on. But I thought the linesman at the dugout side was far worse. He almost gifted Thistle a goal and on first and second viewing I didn't think our offside goal was offside.

Hopefully our Government gets its arse in gear for the next visit as I enjoy a trip to Firhill and I won't be paying for that service again.

Genuine question. When was QOS offside goal ?

Genuine question. When was QOS offside goal ?

Free kick in the first half. A header was well saved by the GK but the rebound was put in by one of our players. On first look I thought it was offside but when I watched the replay, the boy I thought looked offside wasn't the one who headed the ball. I don't know if you had camera angles closer to the line but it would be interesting to see.

Given the linesman on that side was about to award Thistle a goal after a blatant offside I'll be more shocked if he got our decision correct.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Free kick in the first half. A header was well saved by the GK but the rebound was put in by one of our players. On first look I thought it was offside but when I watched the replay, the boy I thought looked offside wasn't the one who headed the ball. I don't know if you had camera angles closer to the line but it would be interesting to see.

Given the linesman on that side was about to award Thistle a goal after a blatant offside I'll be more shocked if he got our decision correct.

BRtjRRn.png

Not the best camera angle admittedly, but the third boy in looks like he's offside. He isn't the one who headers it, but he ends up right where the ball is so could make an argument for interfering with play. 

Not entirely conclusive obviously, but I'm tempted to say the linesman got it right, despite his nonsense later on. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think the original header by Paton  was maybe over the line before the rebound was headed right  in by Nditi ? The officials didn’t exactly give me any confidence that it was the correct decision but I thought he looked off. 

BRtjRRn.png&key=1ccd87b90a5d5b6c513cb8fedccaccc1ce74220893a90a5f1c10b15e53a2a462
Not the best camera angle admittedly, but the third boy in looks like he's offside. He isn't the one who headers it, but he ends up right where the ball is so could make an argument for interfering with play. 
Not entirely conclusive obviously, but I'm tempted to say the linesman got it right, despite his nonsense later on. 
Cheers. Ideally you want it in line but that's not a bad freeze. I don't think anyone could really strongly argue either way. I think it's one of them that if the defender is closest to the linesman rather than the attacker then he lets it go. Looks very close certainly and I expect VAR would have him off by a strand of hair anyway.

I've watched it a few times now and still can't really see who is on or offside.

Regardless of whether he knew the offside was given or not it was a horrendous attempt at saving the first attempt by Sneddon coupled with letting Gibson's shot go through his arms earlier in the game. Hopefully Stone gets his chance sooner than later.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cheers. Ideally you want it in line but that's not a bad freeze. I don't think anyone could really strongly argue either way. I think it's one of them that if the defender is closest to the linesman rather than the attacker then he lets it go. Looks very close certainly and I expect VAR would have him off by a strand of hair anyway.

Aye, it's a very close one. If it had counted, I doubt there'd be a huge amount of controversy to be honest, we'd be more annoyed at Jamie Sneddon for, once again, being pish at goalkeeping. 

On our disallowed goal, for those closer was it as stupid a decision to originally allow it as it seemed?  Headed back in from what seemed like right on the byline, but were there players on the line that make it a closer decision than that?

Delightful to start the season with a win and quite enjoyed winding up players again rather than just watching at home. 

Our defence is massively suspect though, a team that could have actually defended a wee bit better would have probably beaten us today. At least Qots seem to be worse at defending than us, but actually look a decent side, a pity you signed Ally Roy he's absolutely awful. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I remember that now. Was the ball over the line ?