NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

According to reports, Fort's performances have improved, having seen BOD recently, albeit after winning the title so they weren't exactly going for it, they look so solid as a unit.  I can't see the bottom of the HL getting close to them over 180 minutes.

Edited by TheScarf

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

According to reports, Fort's performances have improved, having seen BOD recently, albeit after winning the title so they weren't exactly going for it, they look so solid as a unit.  I can't see the bottom of the HL getting close to them over 120 minutes.

I've seen BOD play 3 times this season, including last Sunday, they are a very solid side. I'd be absolutely stunned if they lose to FW.

Edited by Marten

On 12/04/2022 at 13:37, Marten said:

Correct, no teams other than ourselves & Tayport are going through the licensing process at the moment. There are a number of teams in all 3 leagues who have the ambition to get licensed, but they will all need more time.

At least we'll have more money to spend next season as the ground improvements have been paid now & we'll get Scottish Cup income. That obviously won't guarantee anything as winning the league will still be tough, but it would definitely help. And if we win the league, it will help that we won't have to face Banks O'Dee in a play-off.

Probably...

On 12/04/2022 at 00:45, Shannon said:

Are any other North Region Super League / Junior teams licensed or looking to get their license apart from Banks O Dee?

Midlands League - is it just Lochee at license stage - Scottish Cup next season?

North Caledonian League - Golspie only?

Just for any future play offs with bottom Highland League teams?

Your forgetting Fort William in the NCL, unless the SFA take their licence off them for their behaviour in the run up to the BOD game last week

22 hours ago, Dev said:

prorege on the NLM site has thrown in Banks O'Dee Reserves entering the league for next season.

what is the NLM site? I have heard this rumoured but thought it was nonsense. Would be awful if reserve teams were admitted

1 minute ago, ScottishZizou said:

what is the NLM site? I have heard this rumoured but thought it was nonsense. Would be awful if reserve teams were admitted

Non League Matters. A mainly English based non-league forum. There is a section on Scottish/Welsh/Irish leagues.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Wouldn't bother me if they start in the new 7th tier, the bottom of the pyramid, but there might not be room.

If Banks of dee then why not Highland League colts teams as well? and why not Premier league colts teams in the lower leagues? It surely risks killing off smaller clubs with long histories

2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

If Banks of dee then why not Highland League colts teams as well? and why not Premier league colts teams in the lower leagues? It surely risks killing off smaller clubs with long histories

Who would they be killing off if they start off at the very bottom of the pyramid? The North Caledonian League, for example, has a long history of hosting reserve teams from the Highland League.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Who would they be killing off if they start off at the very bottom of the pyramid? The North Caledonian League, for example, has a long history of hosting reserve teams from the Highland League.

If Banks of Dee, Culter, Locos, Huntly etc had feeder teams in the NRJFA then its hoarding potential players for all the other teams in the region and increasing the gap between the have's and the have nots. Who is a 19 year old going to sign for, a feeder club to Banks of Dee and be sold absolute rubbish about maybe getting into their first team which 1/10 or something will or go to Glentanar/Newmachar etc. Banks of dee will then ask for these smaller clubs to pay money to sign these players off their feeder team whilst Junior clubs with committees, some people really emotionally invested if not financial and some degree of history etc are scrambling around for players even more than they currently are. 

If Banks of Dee, Culter, Locos, Huntly etc had feeder teams in the NRJFA then its hoarding potential players for all the other teams in the region and increasing the gap between the have's and the have nots. Who is a 19 year old going to sign for, a feeder club to Banks of Dee and be sold absolute rubbish about maybe getting into their first team which 1/10 or something will or go to Glentanar/Newmachar etc. Banks of dee will then ask for these smaller clubs to pay money to sign these players off their feeder team whilst Junior clubs with committees, some people really emotionally invested if not financial and some degree of history etc are scrambling around for players even more than they currently are. 

I'm not sure that applies when many of these teams already have u20 teams competing in regional cups etc. Clach's u20 team have been competing in the North of Scotland U20 league but it's died a death through lack of interest, so they're entering the NCL along with Nairn who are already playing in it. I don't see how that would mean them poaching players anymore than before.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not sure that applies when many of these teams already have u20 teams competing in regional cups etc. Clach's u20 team have been competing in the North of Scotland U20 league but it's died a death through lack of interest, so they're entering the NCL along with Nairn who are already playing in it. I don't see how that would mean them poaching players anymore than before.

Because these players currently have nowhere to go after the U20 is finished and they filter their way through to the smaller junior teams. I know guys more recently from highland league 20s, Hermes 20s etc who now play for smaller junior clubs as they weren't offered contracts at these places, now they will just progress into the feeder teams and it will distort the balance even more. It was the same for me, I was playing development football for highland league with boys club back in the day and then knowing I wouldn't make the grade went to play Division 1/bottom super league juniors when boys club finished. Now me and my cohorts would be filtered into feeder teams rather than all of us playing for a separate junior team which we all did. 

Because these players currently have nowhere to go after the U20 is finished and they filter their way through to the smaller junior teams. I know guys more recently from highland league 20s, Hermes 20s etc who now play for smaller junior clubs as they weren't offered contracts at these places, now they will just progress into the feeder teams and it will distort the balance even more. It was the same for me, I was playing development football for highland league with boys club back in the day and then knowing I wouldn't make the grade went to play Division 1/bottom super league juniors when boys club finished. Now me and my cohorts would be filtered into feeder teams rather than all of us playing for a separate junior team which we all did. 

Maybe make it strictly u20/21s rather than reserve teams then?