NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

I have heard that a few young boys recently released after the Nairn County B was dissolved have turned down signing for Nairn Saints as they don't want to commit the long journey east every fortnight. They would rather play North Caley or even drop to Amateur/Welfare instead.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I have heard that a few young boys recently released after the Nairn County B was dissolved have turned down signing for Nairn Saints as they don't want to commit the long journey east every fortnight. They would rather play North Caley or even drop to Amateur/Welfare instead.

Do you see any prospect of Nairn St Ninian or any other of the more westerly North Junior clubs making the switch to the NCal before too long?

3 hours ago, Dev said:

Do you see any prospect of Nairn St Ninian or any other of the more westerly North Junior clubs making the switch to the NCal before too long?

I believe any club shifting from the North Juniors to the NCL is taking a step down. I'd rather see two regional leagues in the North Juniors 1st Division East and West, but at the moment there aren't enough clubs.

18 hours ago, approximately dave said:

I believe any club shifting from the North Juniors to the NCL is taking a step down. 

The standard of football in the NCL has improved a lot over the past few years, I don't think that's necessarily true anymore.

On 13/06/2023 at 12:20, Dev said:

What I had in mind was the mention that some of the former Nairn County Colts side were preferring the NCal to the North Juniors due to the travelling. Also they'd had first hand experience of playing in the NCal. Is it possible that Nairn St Ninian will have to change due to that is what younger players want? If they go will Forres Thistle and Burghead go also? There might also be Strathspey Thistle having to make the choice in years to come. That could all help to improve the NCal and improve its' standing in the Highland League area.

Edited by Dev

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The standard of football in the NCL has improved a lot over the past few years, I don't think that's necessarily true anymore.

I'd say the best 2/3 clubs in the NCL would hammer the likes of Nairn Saints.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I'd say the best 2/3 clubs in the NCL would hammer the likes of Nairn Saints.

Aye. Saw Inverness Athletic v Orkney a few months back and it was quality stuff, and they came 7th and 5th respectively.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Aye. Saw Inverness Athletic v Orkney a few months back and it was quality stuff, and they came 7th and 5th respectively.

Likewise I've seen some NRJ Premier Division games, a few Nairn Saints home games this season and last, and it wasn't quality stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/07/2023 at 13:57, Buckets said:

Aberdeen University are taking a year out. Guess that means the Championship will run with 14 teams. 

It will keep those on here with a severe attachment to even numbers content.

• 4 weeks later...