NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

On 15/05/2024 at 12:58, afca32 said:

I also heard the other day that they are moving to a new astro being built at Cloverhill, which is expected to be completed in October 2025. Not only should this help reduce future fixture backlogs but ultimately it makes a lot more sense for a team called Bridge of Don to be playing in Bridge of Don. Their move will free up ASV as well. I doubt Lewis United will be returning but the Uni may be interested given they have seemingly given up on maintaining Hillhead.

I asked one of the Bridge of Don officials about that yesterday and they said the same as you. Can't come soon enough, that sports centre is a pretty rotten place to watch football.

Are the Uni definitely coming back?

45 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I asked one of the Bridge of Don officials about that yesterday and they said the same as you. Can't come soon enough, that sports centre is a pretty rotten place to watch football.

Are the Uni definitely coming back?

I'm not sure tbh, I'd hope so especially if they do get Hillhead back in decent condition. Great place to watch a midweek game in spring/summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Semi-finals

First leg

25 May 2024 East End 1–1 Deveronside

25 May 2024 Lossiemouth United 3–1 Longside

Second leg

28 May 2024 Deveronside 0–1
(1–2 agg.) East End

28 May 2024 Longside2–0 (a.e.t.)
(3–3 agg.)
(3–1 p) Lossiemouth United

Final

TBC East End v Longside

5 hours ago, lowenan said:

Semi-finals

First leg

25 May 2024 East End 1–1 Deveronside

25 May 2024 Lossiemouth United 3–1 Longside

Second leg

28 May 2024 Deveronside 0–1
(1–2 agg.) East End

28 May 2024 Longside2–0 (a.e.t.)
(3–3 agg.)
(3–1 p) Lossiemouth United

Final

TBC East End v Longside

The final is at Buchanhaven Hearts ground at 2pm on Saturday.

Does anyone know if the promotions and demotions are settled yet between the Premier League and Championship? It is GTF day after all, and the Juniors site isn't live/up to date at the mo.

The Wikipedia page now seems more up to date than the source website.

Crazy fixture backlog for BOD Thistle, into June and still 4 games left, mental!

Why are the penalties for fielding an illegible player so severe? Most leagues it’s 3 points but I notice Dyce and East End got 6 points and Stonehaven got 7?

17 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Crazy fixture backlog for BOD Thistle, into June and still 4 games left, mental!

Why are the penalties for fielding an illegible player so severe? Most leagues it’s 3 points but I notice Dyce and East End got 6 points and Stonehaven got 7?

Because they couldn't read his name?

19 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

The juniors website is usually excellent, but they've frozen it while trying to integrate the new Comet system for Scottish football data.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The juniors website is usually excellent, but they've frozen it while trying to integrate the new Comet system for Scottish football data.

Good luck to clubs and leagues needing to use this system!

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Have you been working with it?

No I don't work with this. My comment was based upon issues which have cropped up associated with the use of a version of Comet elsewhere. May be or may not be the same version. Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

No I don't work with this. My comment was based upon issues which have cropped up associated with the use of a version of Comet elsewhere. May be or may not be the same version. Hope that helps.

Let's hope the version they're introducing for Scottish football works better!

Aberdeen Uni have rejoined the SJFA & Westdyke are joining pending approval at the AGM. Westdyke are currently 6th in the Aberdeenshire AFA (teams around them still have games to play) & play out of Lawsondale in Westhill just outside of Aberdeen proper.

10 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Aberdeen Uni have rejoined the SJFA & Westdyke are joining pending approval at the AGM. Westdyke are currently 6th in the Aberdeenshire AFA (teams around them still have games to play) & play out of Lawsondale in Westhill just outside of Aberdeen proper.

Where are Aberdeen Uni playing, back at Hillhead?

10 hours ago, CountyinBorders said:

Wow thats good news for both sides. I believe Westdyke have quite a good youth system and went on a good youth cup run a few years ago.

Westdyke made at least the semi finals of 3/6 Scottish youth cup competitions held this season. As one of the very top boys clubs in the country just now and Westhill being one of the biggest towns (and forever growing seemingly) in the North East I think this makes a lot of sense.