Rangers vs Livingston

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Did well at Hamilton last season, our main issue is at CB. Everywhere else is fairly strong, it's just our CBs are like Bambi on ice

Really? He scored two goals for a side that got relegated.

I don’t think I’d ever seen Fitzwater play before but he looked pretty ropey on the ball. Maybe harsh to judge any of them on Sevco away I guess.

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Really? He scored two goals for a side that got relegated.

I don’t think I’d ever seen Fitzwater play before but he looked pretty ropey on the ball. Maybe harsh to judge any of them on Sevco away I guess.

Think his overall work as a pressing forward was more of interest to us. We don't tend to rely on strikers for goals, it usually comes from throughout the team. 

Fitzwater is probably the problem right now, he needs to toughen up mainly. Too weak and too slow. Although, yes as you say, harsh to judge on 1 game away to the league winners on the opener

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Think his overall work as a pressing forward was more of interest to us. We don't tend to rely on strikers for goals, it usually comes from throughout the team. 

Fitzwater is probably the problem right now, he needs to toughen up mainly. Too weak and too slow. Although, yes as you say, harsh to judge on 1 game away to the league winners on the opener

Andersons best games when big Oggy was up beside him. When hes up front himself he works hard but generally just throws himself to the ground a lot. Him and Hamilton could work well together. 

That went a lot better than expected. Imagine we'd have kept it to 2 if Kabia hadn't have gone off injured. Not sure how bad the tackle from Kamara was, think Kabia just got a bit unlucky. Was shocked that Beaton didn't blow for a foul though considering the soft ones he gave to Rangers throughout.

We looked a bit weak down the left hand side. I think Longridge will be a better shout than Penrice when he's fit again.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Some of the knicker-wetting on the Livi facebook group is mental. I could understand it if we were playing a Ross County or Dundee but everyone before the game seemed in agreement that anything less than 3 would be a great result. We lost a cheap goal early but kept the best team in the country at bay for a good while. Kabia was starting to cause some issues until he went off, hopefully it's nothing serious as he's EXACTLY the type of player we need. Would echo the Hamilton fan's thoughts on Hamilton and Anderson together, think there could be a Miller-Hardie type partnership in the making there.

18 hours ago, Binos said:

Exactly the game 

No attempt made to keep possession in the game you most need to keep it 

Nonsense, it was 1-0 till Kabia got injured in 70 odd mins, then went off injured leaving us with 10 men as our subs were used up. That man advantage made a big difference in the game. Sevco will always dominate possession at Ibrox, no matter who they play, teams being more expansive will get punished too, Sevco are a good bit better than any team in this league.

Last season we didn't score in 4 games against them, but finished 6th, this isn't the game to judge us on how we'll do. There was a big difference playing them at Ibrox to the TMA too, 2-0 & 3-0 at Ibrox, 0-0 and 0-1 at the TMA, and the 0-1 game was lost in the 87th min.