Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

8 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

As a club we are sleepwalking into a double relegation, make no mistake about it.

Why Aitken hasn't brought in his own players is anyone's guess.

As it is, we just aren't good enough to compete at the moment, there is still so much wrong with the team.

I can’t fathom that myself.

Surely he has money to spend what with the sponsorship deals we have this season and with admission prices remaining at Premier Division prices (don’t think we haven’t noticed).

Club as a whole seems static.

Not much going on around the ground with a still-incomplete stand and seats rusting elsewhere.

Or do we not have money?

Maybe we will find out at the AGM which is apparently taking place this month? Or is it? 🥴.

24 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

As a club we are sleepwalking into a double relegation, make no mistake about it.

Why Aitken hasn't brought in his own players is anyone's guess.

As it is, we just aren't good enough to compete at the moment, there is still so much wrong with the team.

I really hope you are wrong re another relegation 

12 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

I can’t fathom that myself.

Surely he has money to spend what with the sponsorship deals we have this season and with admission prices remaining at Premier Division prices (don’t think we haven’t noticed).

Club as a whole seems static.

Not much going on around the ground with a still-incomplete stand and seats rusting elsewhere.

Or do we not have money?

Maybe we will find out at the AGM which is apparently taking place this month? Or is it? 🥴.

As far as I know the AGM is later this month.

Difficult to guage what the financial situation is at the club.

As with most clubs at our level, the finances are anyone's guess. I do know of sponsors who paid for an advertising board 3 years ago who weren't asked to renew last season or this, yet the boards remain up. The home crowds are poor and we are going to miss the travelling supports of the premier league.

At least we are only losing games by one goal (I know that's not a good thing) and are scoring....but can't really see much hope for a change in fortune going forward.

28 minutes ago, energyzone said:

As with most clubs at our level, the finances are anyone's guess. I do know of sponsors who paid for an advertising board 3 years ago who weren't asked to renew last season or this, yet the boards remain up. The home crowds are poor and we are going to miss the travelling supports of the premier league.

At least we are only losing games by one goal (I know that's not a good thing) and are scoring....but can't really see much hope for a change in fortune going forward.

I do know of sponsors who have boards up and haven’t paid.

Why not ask to renew?

An extremely flawed model there.

Finally a win. A nice strike on the half volley from Jordan Stuart and the winner a fine set piece move ending with a Graham Boyd header. A couple of must score chances passed up too.

Hopefully, the beginning of a wee run of results to kickstart our season.

FB_IMG_1692260213553.jpg

It was a well deserved win and good to finally get 3 points. I still don't think we will be anywhere near the top of the league at the end of the season but the Shotts/Rutherglen and Petershill/Johnstone results last night just show that every team will drop points.

It was a good travelling support last night and the cheers at the end showed how much of a relief the result was.

We still lack a fair bit of cohesion in the team, especially up front. Hopefully Mackin and Boyd develop a good understanding of each other soon as they are still on different wavelengths.  I haven't been to Dam Park since playing some boys club finals there in the 1990s but I fair enjoyed the experience.

On 12/08/2023 at 20:51, Peter Culter said:

I do know of sponsors who have boards up and haven’t paid.

Why not ask to renew?

An extremely flawed model there.

That doesnt sound like a model - it's an admin thing most probably. These things don't happen - as is quite apparent - by themselves. Someone has to give up their time and energy to keep track of things and pursue new sources of revenue as well as retain current ones. It's a very time-consuming role. Wasn't the current Chair / President the commercial person previously ? Being spread a bit thin ?? Maybe the Buffs could do with a bit of help ?? It really is a great set-up down there and some decent people involved ... so I hope things turn around a bit. First Division is a tough old league ... and would be very easy to get sucked into a relegation struggle. Hope not

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

It was a well deserved win and good to finally get 3 points. I still don't think we will be anywhere near the top of the league at the end of the season but the Shotts/Rutherglen and Petershill/Johnstone results last night just show that every team will drop points.

It was a good travelling support last night and the cheers at the end showed how much of a relief the result was.

We still lack a fair bit of cohesion in the team, especially up front. Hopefully Mackin and Boyd develop a good understanding of each other soon as they are still on different wavelengths.  I haven't been to Dam Park since playing some boys club finals there in the 1990s but I fair enjoyed the experience.

Completely agree with you. The support is sticking by the club, but that's to be expected.

In terms of the league, it looks pretty cutthroat already, anybody can beat anybody. Every game, every point won, is going to be a battle.

I think there is still real deficiencies in our team and we don't have the depth of squad. The defence looked better with McGregor in it last night, Aldin had a good game second half at LB having not had much game time recently. The midfield looked a bit short last night missing Ben Lewis. There needs to be more discipline in there, more shape, as it is there's lots of effort that often goes unrewarded.

On to Shotts at home on Saturday. They had a surprisingly poor result last night, but will present a stern test.

13 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

I’d very much doubt it as he has moved a couple of times since leaving the buffs 

Fifa regulations are that any club that contributes to the development of a player will receive solidarity payments, I think in this case it will be a fraction of a per cent because of how little time he spent at the Buffs but even  .5% of a transfer this big is good money 

• 4 weeks later...

Credit where it's due, a fantastic turnaround after being two down, shows there's now character in the team.

3 new players brought in the last couple of weeks to address the overall quality and competition in the squad.

Chris Aitken made a double tactical substitute in 25 minutes to change the shape of the team and it paid off.

That's 6 games unbeaten after a very ropey start to the season. Hopefully we've turned the corner and can mount a promotion challenge.

It's been a tough few months for everyone associated with the Buffs, so one to enjoy for the excellent travelling support yesterday.

Thorniewood up next and a match up against our ex manager who many attribute for our relegation last season, going to be spicy.

Onwards and upwards COYB 🔵⚪🔵⚪.

FB_IMG_1695540492749.jpg