Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

15 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

I hope that result tonight doesn’t mean he’s done enough to remain in charge!

Can’t see me renewing any club membership until he’s gone.

It would seem that there's no change of management on the cards.

A decent game tonight given nothing was at stake. The weather helped, but there's definitely something attractive about Friday night football.

1 minute ago, funky monkey said:

It would seem that there's no change of management on the cards.

A decent game tonight given nothing was at stake. The weather helped, but there's definitely something attractive about Friday night football.

Don't let Jim Baxter or Absolute Imposter hear you saying that 🙂

49 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

I hope that result tonight doesn’t mean he’s done enough to remain in charge!

Can’t see me renewing any club membership until he’s gone.

I heard at the game tonight that he will be in charge again next season

11 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

Mind boggling.

My preference is for change, but I'm not on the committee to make that decision.

My overriding impression is that the manager still has the backing of the majority of the support. What that backing is based upon, I've no idea.

Still, we'll all be enthusiastic and ready to go again for the new season. It's going to massive for the club. 

AGM up next and let's see squad wise the comings and goings. Recruitment, as limited as it may be, has to be a lot better than it was last close season.

30 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

My preference is for change, but I'm not on the committee to make that decision.

My overriding impression is that the manager still has the backing of the majority of the support. What that backing is based upon, I've no idea.

Still, we'll all be enthusiastic and ready to go again for the new season. It's going to massive for the club. 

AGM up next and let's see squad wise the comings and goings. Recruitment, as limited as it may be, has to be a lot better than it was last close season.

From the many supporters I’ve spoken to the feeling I get seems to be the same as mine.

His saving grace seems to be that certain individuals will still applaud and hug him as though he is “The Messiah” no matter how bad it is and can’t see the wood for the trees.

Although those people did the same under Gormley.

26 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

From the many supporters I’ve spoken to the feeling I get seems to be the same as mine.

His saving grace seems to be that certain individuals will still applaud and hug him as though he is “The Messiah” no matter how bad it is and can’t see the wood for the trees.

There's definitely an element amongst us who support anything that's flung at them. I'm not sure there's much objective thinking going on amongst that lot.

We are all "Buffs til we die", but that doesn't exclude us from calling for change when it's required.

If we don't assemble a promotion competitive squad and next season starts badly, there'll be a lot of finger pointing going on.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

The backing is based upon the committee think that as the money teams have been promoted this season, Drumchapel and Johnstone Burgh, they think next season it will mainly be about teams who have good coaching and management and run well, this was quoted to me and I get that kinda get that thinking if you have a good management in place, (that's all about everyone personal view), but we can all second guess every team if they have big backing next season, which suppose can happen at any time.  I'm still not convinced they will go up next season with what they have right now although its a bit early so new playing staff still to be  brought in

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The backing is based upon the committee think that as the money teams have been promoted this season, Drumchapel and Johnstone Burgh, they think next season it will mainly be about teams who have good coaching and management and run well, this was quoted to me and I get that kinda get that thinking if you have a good management in place, (that's all about everyone personal view), but we can all second guess every team if they have big backing next season, which suppose can happen at any time.  I'm still not convinced they will go up next season with what they have right now although its a bit early so new playing staff still to be  brought in

Did the committee miss the matches against the likes of Maybole, Renfrew, Neilston, St Roch’s & Whitletts?

Hardly clubs with bank-bursting budgets who turned us over by being, dare I say it, better coached.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

Did the committee miss the matches against the likes of Maybole, Renfrew, Neilston, St Roch’s & Whitletts?

Hardly clubs with bank-bursting budgets who turned us over by being, dare I say it, better coached.

I haven't a clue, I've only seen Kilwinning 3 times as I don't follow them, just go to games that I think should be enjoyable.   Suppose the fact is the coach is the one who got them relegated and he is the one who didn't get them promoted this season.  He could be the best next season or there could be someone better, who knows, only time will tell

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I haven't a clue, I've only seen Kilwinning 3 times as I don't follow them, just go to games that I think should be enjoyable.   Suppose the fact is the coach is the one who got them relegated and he is the one who didn't get them promoted the season this season.  He could be the best next season or there could be someone better, who knows, only time will tell

Fair enough.

He’s failed twice.

I honestly don’t know why the club are waiting for him to fail again.

19 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

Better coaching you say? Nail on the head for me.

All season our management team failed to react to events on the park, there didn't seem much ability to change things. The best coached team that we played this season was AWR, with ex Buffs managing and 5 ex Buffs playing it was definitely a case of here's what you could have had.

10 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Better coaching you say? Nail on the head for me.

All season our management team failed to react to events on the park, there didn't seem much ability to change things. The best coached team that we played this season was AWR, with ex Buffs managing and 5 ex Buffs playing it was definitely a case of here's what you could have had.

Spot on.

Very little comes from the sidelines during a match apart from the obligatory expletives at the referee or “Gav!”

No tactical instruction and complete silence when things inevitably go wrong.

4 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

What individuals?

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

What individuals?

Surely not that hard to deduce but I’ll indulge you.

That nutter who high-fives and hugs every player at the pitch entrance and his associates.

Won’t have any bad word said about the management team no matter how bad the result is.

15 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

Surely not that hard to deduce but I’ll indulge you.

That nutter who high-fives and hugs every player at the pitch entrance and his associates.

Won’t have any bad word said about the management team no matter how bad the result is.

Thats a grim post PC, the guy is passionate about the club and the team and wears his heart on his sleave, nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

The same "nutter" as you called him has supported the many club events run to keep this club afloat, not many among us that can say that, can you?

Some fans prefer to support the Club quietly in their own manner, there are others more vocal and passionate and then there's the ones that you'd be hard pushed to tell if they're a Buffs fan or not they are so negative about everything.

Sack Strain, Sack Gormley, Sack the Committee, Sack Tiff, oh!, and if we change the manager, he's got two weeks grace till we should Sack him too.