Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

13 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Daily Record has him going to Stirling Albion 

IMG_1669.jpeg

If this is true what a kick in the teeth to the chairman and committee who backed Aitken while it was easier to sack him over the past 18 months but I guess that's football for you 

3 minutes ago, Crfc1990 said:

If this is true what a kick in the teeth to the chairman and committee who backed Aitken while it was easier to sack him over the past 18 months but I guess that's football for you 

Couldn't agree more.

18 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Sure it's Chris and not his brother Stevie?

The plot thickens.

From what I was told would take a very good offer for his brother to take a manager job just now. 

16 minutes ago, Crfc1990 said:

Sadly loyalty is a thing of the past for many people. He will look at it that he is getting a job 3 levels up the ladder but as you point out the club stuck by him through some tough times. 

Very surprised 

I'd heard at start of the week that there was a chance he would be leaving, no great loss in my opinion!!! 

Hopefully Ben Lewis hasn't signed a contract with anyone 

3 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Can any Kilwinning fan do us a solid and provide his win/loss record since he took over? Tried to find it online to no avail. 

Seems a wild appointment. What can we expect from him as manager?

Failure......

3 hours ago, Crfc1990 said:

Let's be honest if he has been offered the chance to move upstairs surely no one can begrudge him of that. 
Whether he has stated his commitment to the team or not

Bizarre appointment and another example of Scottish football’s ugly habit of nepotism.

Aitken has done nothing in his managerial career to earn a shot at League Two. But, that said, good luck to him, hardly his fault he’s getting this opportunity. 

As for his record at Kilwinning, he got them relegated, failed abysmally to get them back up and generally baffled minds with his post match chat. 

I’m not sure he made a single signing that convinced fans he knew what he was doing either. 

This leaves Kilwinning facing a really pivotal summer. 

We are now well behind the curve in getting any new players in.

I can't blame Aitken if he is away to Stirling Albion, all the best to him. It didn't work out at Kilwinning and that's just the way it goes. It's not like he didn't try his best.  It's just a really awkward time when other clubs are signing players and we have to start looking at filling the gaps.