Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Deserve the mess 'their' in.

I bet you are fun at parties.

I can Definitely say that the nearly man has been great fun at our last two league winning parties, he's a very mellow guy these days though on here in comparison to his PC Cabe days though as apparently that's who he was on here back in the day........

Introduced at the supporters meeting this evening.

Took Caledonian Locomotive to 4th in the Second Division with a shoestring budget and zero wages.

Spoke very well tonight. Sounds much more clued up than either Gormley or Aitken.

Welcome to the Buffs Kevin and coaching team.

FB_IMG_1718655960010.jpg

Just now, funky monkey said:

Introduced at the supporters meeting this evening.

Took Caledonian Locomotive to 4th in the Second Division with a shoestring budget and zero wages.

Spoke very well tonight. Sounds much more clued up than either Gormley or Aitken.

Welcome to the Buffs Kevin and coaching team.

1FB_IMG_1718655960010.jpg

From what I have heard about Kevin from other people seems like a very good appointment!

7 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

Time will tell but strikes me as a risky appointment for Buffs.

It's a brave appointment by the committee.

The problem with Aitken was that he didn't seem to understand this level of football, particularly when it came to recruitment. Kelly has been involved at this level of football since he was a teenager. He's bringing his backroom with him including Steven Saunders. I'm optimistic we've got the right guy this time, although that's only based upon how well he spoke tonight and what he did with Caledonian last season with no money.

4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

It's a brave appointment by the committee.

The problem with Aitken was that he didn't seem to understand this level of football, particularly when it came to recruitment. Kelly has been involved at this level of football since he was a teenager. He's bringing his backroom with him including Steven Saunders. I'm optimistic we've got the right guy this time, although that's only based upon how well he spoke tonight and what he did with Caledonian last season with no money.

Risky/Brave - it’s a gamble either way. 
The appointment does also seem to suggest that money will be tighter than ever at Buffs Park this season, hence they have gone with someone with a record of working on a shoestring. 

The First Division is fiercely competitive and Buffs will need top players to have a hope of getting back up. That’s surely the club’s aim: Losing the likes of Lewis and Stuart won’t help. 

Good luck to the guy but Imo the Buffs gig is a bit of a poisoned chalice these days.