Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

I agree with the comments made regarding the seated area.

Lots of discussion previously about closing it in and making it “complete” however, as seems the norm, nothing done and it’s basically been left to rot.

I’ve seen children playing UNDERNEATH it at times and whatever way you want to cut it, Health & Safety would have a field day at that.

30 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

I agree with the comments made regarding the seated area.

Lots of discussion previously about closing it in and making it “complete” however, as seems the norm, nothing done and it’s basically been left to rot.

I’ve seen children playing UNDERNEATH it at times and whatever way you want to cut it, Health & Safety would have a field day at that.

The committee at the Buffs had brief spell of not bad seasons finishing high in league after their move from Abbey Park. With their prominant role in starting the WoS and moving from Abbey park, i think it is hard to see what good they have done for the club. Moved them out of their home town. Failed to keep up maintenance at the sports center pitch. Sacked one of the best managers at the level. Relegated. Miles off being promoted. 

It has been failure after failure.

44 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

The committee at the Buffs had brief spell of not bad seasons finishing high in league after their move from Abbey Park. With their prominant role in starting the WoS and moving from Abbey park, i think it is hard to see what good they have done for the club. Moved them out of their home town. Failed to keep up maintenance at the sports center pitch. Sacked one of the best managers at the level. Relegated. Miles off being promoted. 

The club have moved to the other side of the town.

Not a new town.

Maybe it could be argued that Buffs moved to Pennyburn ‘at the right time’ in terms of things were going well on the pitch. 

Crowds remained decent - with even some fierce detractors to the move hanging around - but once the team went south (which unravelled very quickly with the utterly bizarre decision to ditch Strain)  the attendances went too. 

Yes, thats to be expected to a degree but I’d say there’s been a significant drop off and I’d argue that it wouldn’t have been so bad had the club still been at Abbey Park.

I know a few Buffs fans who were in the anti-Pennyburn camp but still went to games. However they have given up now. 

id agree that those on the committee have a good deal to answer for for what’s happened in the last couple of seasons. 

3 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

The Buffs managed to do alot of work quickly when the moved and when the lockdowns hit and a lot of trades people around the time were able to give their time and supply materials to get the ground and the Claire hub in place.

Just because they haven’t continued at the same pace doesn’t make it a failure 

Sure getting rid of Strain was a mistake but the majority of the current committee weren’t involved in that but of course you know everything so you knew that already 

5 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

I loved playing at Abbey park , but the club had to move as the dressing rooms were nothing short of a disgrace and should have been condemned when I played there in the early 2000s. No matter who the committee were their hands would have been tied in any attempts to upgrade the ground as the club didn't own it. No committee in their right mind would spend good money upgrading it only to lose it at some point. Look at Port Glasgow and many other clubs who have ended up homeless . 
Is the new set up perfect, no, but it's sure a lot better than before. 
The playing side of things has to be the priority just now for the present committee and gaining promotion back to the premier then the facilities can be looked at again. 

Edited by Fabi

I think the work 1st done down at ur new park when use left Abbey was fantastic but things have stalled but use have decent facilities with bar n pie stall just need 2 improve 1st on safety if seated area is as bad as most say then fix it or block it off then hope ur new manager can bring back the good times for buffs and the crowds come back. 

Mon the papers

On 18/07/2024 at 14:29, leaguereformer said:

Think you’ll find that was a previous committee under different stewardship. It’s all different people involved in the committee now & I'm not one for anonymity as I’m one myself. 

The stand has been passed in terms of safety however it’s recognised it’s best days are behind it & will be removed next season. 

We have just passed our yearly SFA Licence Audit which is conducted under scrutiny. The ground has been assessed & passed with flying colours. 

I think people need to understand the level of work & effort required by volunteers. Like most WOSFL (former Junior) teams we aren’t professional in that we have dedicated staff working full time. A lot of the things being done are done by guys & girls taking time off work, forsaking family & friend commitments & working long into the night. 

Could things be done differently? Could things be done better? Of course. What I do know is that the work of the former Chairman & committee to move us to Kilwinning Sports Club should never be forgotten. The work of the current Chairman, in the face of constant pressure & criticism should not be underestimated. Mr Colin Evans should have a statue erected at the club if you know what he’s done, he’s sacrificed & what foundations he’s put in place. 

What is finish up by saying is that we’re the envy of many if not all clubs who visit. Those constantly knocking everything Buffs related should get off their soapboxes, contact a committee member of the chairman & give up your time to help! 

#COYB

45 minutes ago, skelpy said:

Think you’ll find that was a previous committee under different stewardship. It’s all different people involved in the committee now & I'm not one for anonymity as I’m one myself. 

The stand has been passed in terms of safety however it’s recognised it’s best days are behind it & will be removed next season. 

We have just passed our yearly SFA Licence Audit which is conducted under scrutiny. The ground has been assessed & passed with flying colours. 

I think people need to understand the level of work & effort required by volunteers. Like most WOSFL (former Junior) teams we aren’t professional in that we have dedicated staff working full time. A lot of the things being done are done by guys & girls taking time off work, forsaking family & friend commitments & working long into the night. 

Could things be done differently? Could things be done better? Of course. What I do know is that the work of the former Chairman & committee to move us to Kilwinning Sports Club should never be forgotten. The work of the current Chairman, in the face of constant pressure & criticism should not be underestimated. Mr Colin Evans should have a statue erected at the club if you know what he’s done, he’s sacrificed & what foundations he’s put in place. 

What is finish up by saying is that we’re the envy of many if not all clubs who visit. Those constantly knocking everything Buffs related should get off their soapboxes, contact a committee member of the chairman & give up your time to help! 

#COYB

I wasn’t aiming direct criticism at the Chairman.  Absolutely not. I’ve messaged you. 👍

1 hour ago, skelpy said:

#COYB

This post is just stating the obvious really. 

Everybody knows that clubs are run by volunteers. Everybody knows the work that the chairman has put into the club and the love that he has for the club. Nobody as far as I can see or hear is disputing that.

Some people volunteer for the right reasons, others don't. Taking or seeking credit for volunteering isn't a good look. However, once somebody has given up their time to volunteer, they then need to take the responsibility that comes with that.

The initial move to KSC was a success. The Hub, the floodlights, the quality of the playing surface.

However, there's not been much progress since the initial move. The stand has been allowed to rot. It's the only place in the ground where, in my opinion, you get a decent view of the game. 

It's fair to say that on field matters haven't helped much. On field failings can clearly be tracked back to the poor decision to sack Chris Strain. Since then we've gone from bad to worse and this has been reflected in falling crowds and reduced revenues from that.

I'd imagine there's a lot of soul searching going on at the club at the moment. With a new manager in place, we need to get behind him and for the club to find some stability. Success on the park will lead to success off it, that's generally how these things work, unless a sugar daddy is waiting in the wings.

Posted (edited)

A further thought on the above. Are we really the envy of clubs that visit? Maybe we were for a while? Not so much at the moment.

I've been taken aback at how poor the playing surface is looking. There doesn't appear to have been much work done on it over the close season. It's got holes all over it and clear signs that the drainage isn't working. It's the poorest that I've seen it. Abbey Park was an undulating surface, but it was always perfect at the start of a new season.

Edited by funky monkey

2 hours ago, skelpy said:

#COYB

Your certainly not the envy of every club that visits.

Its a terrible place to view a game.