Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

21 hours ago, Fabi said:

Honking draw, but need to beat the best if we are going to win it! 😁

Yep Fabi that’s a tough one-we have a hugely difficult one too v Darvel which we wouldn’t have wanted either!

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Yep Fabi that’s a tough one-we have a hugely difficult one too v Darvel which we wouldn’t have wanted either!

Ye big tie too, fancy you in it though ! 

Good luck to the management, players and everyone associated with the Buffs on the eve of a new season.

125 years of history, let's make this season a good one.

COYB 🔵 ⚪ 🔵 ⚪ Onwards and upwards.

Good luck guys, as much as I have been fairly negative and critical around recent going ons, it would be great to see you have a good season, have a lot of time for people at the buffs. 

Edited by Westy1

It was a good result for what is essentially a brand new team. Although Ardrossan probably had most of the play, the defence were very comfortable and dealt with everything apart from one lapse in concentration.  We didn't have much up front at all and didn't look like scoring in the second half at all, however a draw was probably a fair result.  We tried to play a bit of football and I don't think many Buffs fans will be too unhappy at that performance given what's gone on in the last two seasons.

2 hours ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

It’s a good start in terms of getting off the mark (and not losing). Worth remembering however that Winton are league newcomers. 

Hopefully it gives the players a wee confidence boost. 

That same Winton team pretty much pumped  Buffs 4-1 last season. And a Buffs Team on paper a much stronger squad. 

Many will have Winton ranked in and around the promotion places so given where The Buffs are at it’s a good result

1 minute ago, ibenji said:

That same Winton team pretty much pumped  Buffs 4-1 last season. And a Buffs Team on paper a much stronger squad. 

Many will have Winton ranked in and around the promotion places so given where The Buffs are at it’s a good result

Time will tell where Winton finish. Last season was last season. They were in the habit of winning as they dominated their division. 

And that Buffs team last season wasn’t worth the paper it was written on. They were there for the taking.

Today a new Buffs team played a newly promoted team. A home draw isn’t something I’d get too carried away with. 

it’s a decent result and hopefully the players can kick on from it. 

A brand new Buffs team up against a double championship winning team. 

First half we should have been at least two up, playing some nice stuff and creating chances.

Second half Winton upped the physicality, but Buffs stuck to the task.

Much to be pleased about given where we were a month ago.

Every player in blue and white gave everything and that's all any fan can reasonably ask for.

I'm already more impressed with Kelly than I was with Gormley and Aitken. Might take a bit of time, but I think he's the right man to take us forward. Understands the level and seems to have good contacts pulling this squad together in such a short space of time.

As always COYB, onwards and upwards.

9 hours ago, funky monkey said:

First half we should have been at least two up, playing some nice stuff and creating chances.

Every player in blue and white gave everything and that's all any fan can reasonably ask for.

I'm already more impressed with Kelly than I was with Gormley and Aitken. Might take a bit of time, but I think he's the right man to take us forward. Understands the level and seems to have good contacts pulling this squad together in such a short space of time.

Imho, fantastic result.  I honestly felt we hadn’t enough time to prepare and expected a defeat.  Stability in our 125th year will do me. Anything better? …well, would be icing on the cake, really. COYB.

2 hours ago, History Buff said:

Imho, fantastic result.  I honestly felt we hadn’t enough time to prepare and expected a defeat.  Stability in our 125th year will do me. Anything better? …well, would be icing on the cake, really. COYB.

Stability would be great, on and off the park. Build a platform towards future success.

52 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

What would stability look like?

That's a good question.

Mid table obscurity on the park and a more secure financial footing off it.

No change of manager and a core of signed players.

A committee that settles down a bit and becomes almost anonymous.

Recognition and celebration of our 125th anniversary.

Incremental improvements around the ground, good to see the Buffs badge centre and prominent on the media tower yesterday.

16 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Ardrossan won their division last season, Vale of Clyde beat them to the title the previous season.