Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Your forensic examination doesn't excuse the fact that Kilwinning Rangers don't have a game to play this Saturday. It's madness at a time when games should be getting played to prevent potential fixture congestion later on in the season.

Well cup weekends inevitably mean that there's a chance that someone will be idle if there's an odd number of teams left without a game, e.g. Kilbirnie were idle on 23/9 when you were in the Scottish Cup. There's three First Division teams idle on 14/10 as well due to the SRCC. 

Glencairn are idle on 28th October because Kilwinning are playing in The Scottish Cup. Them's the breaks, as they say.

Kilwinning are not the only club without a league match in October, Glencairn also don't have a league fixture in October, in fact as it stands at the moment we have no league fixture until 11th November.

15 hours ago, glensmad said:

Glencairn are idle on 28th October because Kilwinning are playing in The Scottish Cup. Them's the breaks, as they say.

Kilwinning are not the only club without a league match in October, Glencairn also don't have a league fixture in October, in fact as it stands at the moment we have no league fixture until 11th November.

Incredible state of affairs. Glens and Buffs both have floodlights, maybe even a midweek league game during this period whilst pitches are still playable.

33 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Incredible state of affairs. Glens and Buffs both have floodlights, maybe even a midweek league game during this period whilst pitches are still playable.

With the end of the league fixtures currently scheduled for mid March, I see no reason to panic and start asking for games to be played under lights in midweek with lower crowds, when they could be played on a Saturday later in the season, or when teams exit cup competitions creating other available Saturdays.

30 minutes ago, glensmad said:

With the end of the league fixtures currently scheduled for mid March, I see no reason to panic and start asking for games to be played under lights in midweek with lower crowds, when they could be played on a Saturday later in the season, or when teams exit cup competitions creating other available Saturdays.

I have to disagree with this, Beith have played 3 cup games  in the last 4 weeks and the next 3 weeks are also cup games with the potential of progression our next league game would be the 11th of November, 6 weeks from now. Don’t want any team put in the position talbot were in last season, midweek games need to be scheduled now before the really cold weather comes in.  

3 minutes ago, beithboy said:

I have to disagree with this, Beith have played 3 cup games  in the last 4 weeks and the next 3 weeks are also cup games with the potential of progression our next league game would be the 11th of November, 6 weeks from now. Don’t want any team put in the position talbot were in last season, midweek games need to be scheduled now before the really cold weather comes in.  

I would imagine there are very few matches in the fixtures bank at the moment, the weather has been fine so far this season and Kennie will have left most of the cup match Saturdays free from league matches up to this point. So are you suggesting he moves matches which are currently scheduled for Saturdays forward to midweek dates in anticipation of bad weather that might not happen, reducing crowds and income for the home teams and increasing costs due to the use of lights, and also potentially bringing the season end date forward from its current schedule of mid March ?

There's no need for it at the moment in my personal opinion. Others will disagree, which is their right to express.

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I would imagine there are very few matches in the fixtures bank at the moment, the weather has been fine so far this season and Kennie will have left most of the cup match Saturdays free from league matches up to this point. So are you suggesting he moves matches which are currently scheduled for Saturdays forward to midweek dates in anticipation of bad weather that might not happen, reducing crowds and income for the home teams and increasing costs due to the use of lights, and also potentially bringing the season end date forward from its current schedule of mid March ?

There's no need for it at the moment in my personal opinion. Others will disagree, which is their right to express.

Post bookmarked.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

My post has nothing to do with the weather, having only played 2 league games out of the last 7 weeks it is to stop teams being disadvantaged at the end of the season if they are successful staying in the cups. That is what happened to talbot last year and probably cost them a realistic chance of challenging for the league.  I’m not saying have midweek games every week.  Only when games are cancelled due to cup ties for example Beith have had 2 games cancelled due to progression in cups.  Play then as soon as practicable instead of saying let’s wait to the end of season and force teams to play 3 games a week.  Seems like common sense to me. 

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

It's not just the weather. It is the clear disadvantage of having to catch up league fixtures at some point. It happened to us last season, so we've recent experience to fall back upon.

There is a problem with cup competitions  getting in the way of league business at our level. However it’s only going to affect a handful of teams really adversely each season - so the response from the masses when u complain about your end of season fixture list is - tough get on with it. Beithboy is right to be concerned - Beith are probably the best side in the league this season but are competing in four cup competitions so they’ll end up with a backlog of league fixtures.

1 hour ago, Park the Buffs said:

There is a problem with cup competitions  getting in the way of league business at our level. However it’s only going to affect a handful of teams really adversely each season - so the response from the masses when u complain about your end of season fixture list is - tough get on with it. Beithboy is right to be concerned - Beith are probably the best side in the league this season but are competing in four cup competitions so they’ll end up with a backlog of league fixtures.

Beith will be affected if they keep winning cup ties.

Relative success in multiple cup competitions creates this scenario too as Buffs can testify to last season.

It may not happen to us this season due to lesser league fixtures, but win another round or two in the cup competitions and it undoubtedly will.

I'm probably a bitter Buffie, but there's no doubt it was in part a contributing factor to our relegation last season. Funny thing is whilst we had relative success in the cup competitions we entered, we got nowhere close to winning anything.

The facts remain that we have no fixture on the first Saturday in October and we don't have a league fixture for the whole of October. Regardless of the reasons why, this is a ridiculous state of affairs. Imagine this scenario being accepted further up the leagues?

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Beith will be affected if they keep winning cup ties.

Relative success in multiple cup competitions creates this scenario too as Buffs can testify to last season.

It may not happen to us this season due to lesser league fixtures, but win another round or two in the cup competitions and it undoubtedly will.

I'm probably a bitter Buffie, but there's no doubt it was in part a contributing factor to our relegation last season. Funny thing is whilst we had relative success in the cup competitions we entered, we got nowhere close to winning anything.

The facts remain that we have no fixture on the first Saturday in October and we don't have a league fixture for the whole of October. Regardless of the reasons why, this is a ridiculous state of affairs. Imagine this scenario being accepted further up the leagues?

We too have no league fixture for the whole month of October, and we have no fixture on the last Saturday in October, because Kilwinning are playing in The Scottish Cup. There are other teams with the same situation.

8 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

Think that statement just shows how daft the situation is Glensmad. The South Challenge cup, West and Junior Cup all vying for dates at the same time of year is daft - it’s a legacy from the Juniors/West Region coming together and quite simply it diminishes the importance of the league.

To be fair, the league season is already a third of the way through after only two months, and there are eight months left for the remaining two thirds to be played.

17 hours ago, beithboy said:

My post has nothing to do with the weather, having only played 2 league games out of the last 7 weeks it is to stop teams being disadvantaged at the end of the season if they are successful staying in the cups. That is what happened to talbot last year and probably cost them a realistic chance of challenging for the league.  I’m not saying have midweek games every week.  Only when games are cancelled due to cup ties for example Beith have had 2 games cancelled due to progression in cups.  Play then as soon as practicable instead of saying let’s wait to the end of season and force teams to play 3 games a week.  Seems like common sense to me. 

As a talbot fan, i totally agree with you. Many times over the years we've found ourselves asking the question why we didnt play more games earlier in season when had the chance. Can assure you playing 3 x week at the business end of the year is obviously hard on the players but asking fans to attend 9 games in 21 days is a bit much too. Instead of a game every nearly 2 days. A couple extra games earlier in season would at least ease that pressure. Cant count how many times i've heard the term "punished for being successful." But i dont need to worry too much about that this year, it's your problem now 🤣

54 minutes ago, tyson1909 said:

As a talbot fan, i totally agree with you. Many times over the years we've found ourselves asking the question why we didnt play more games earlier in season when had the chance. Can assure you playing 3 x week at the business end of the year is obviously hard on the players but asking fans to attend 9 games in 21 days is a bit much too. Instead of a game every nearly 2 days. A couple extra games earlier in season would at least ease that pressure. Cant count how many times i've heard the term "punished for being successful." But i dont need to worry too much about that this year, it's your problem now 🤣

You'll be pleased to know that most clubs have played 4 league games more than this time last season.

• 2 weeks later...

I see some clubs have posted their opposition to being forced to charge u16s to the South Challenge Cup Ties today. Trying to get the next generation of fans through the gate is a bit thing for clubs. Not a smart decision by the tournament organisers.

• 2 weeks later...