Raith v Aberdeen

RRFC2711

Great performance in the second half to get us through. Aberdeen dominated possession without creating many opportunities. We hung in and second half took the game to them. Can’t believe anyone is saying Berra is finished. Superb all game. Just watched the goals back. Shocking defending for both but great finishes, especially the winner. Great to be in a rocking South Stand at the end. Great day.

Edited by roverthemoon

42 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Great performance in the second half to get us through. Aberdeen dominated possession without creating many opportunities. We hung in and second half took the game to them. Can’t believe anyone is saying Berra is finished. Superb all game. Just watched the goals back. Shocking defending for both but great finishes, especially the winner. Great to be in a rocking South Stand at the end. Great day.

Just wished I was there. Hate working Sundays. Especially days like today. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Any news on the two crocked Aberdeen lads? didn't look good.

Jonny Hayes left with a moonboot on, and watching the video landed and twisted his ankle/foot badly, pretty much without contact.

Ryan Hedges is reported as a hamstring issue.

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Jonny Hayes left with a moonboot on, and watching the video landed and twisted his ankle/foot badly, pretty much without contact.

Ryan Hedges is reported as a hamstring issue.

Hedges left on crutches. He was down a long time. Unless he’s a complete blouse and it was just a small strain (possible) then he will be out for several weeks with a hamstring injury.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Hedges left on crutches. He was down a long time. Unless he’s a complete blouse and it was just a small strain (possible) then he will be out for several weeks with a hamstring injury.

Yep, Glass said the “hamstring issue” without talking severity, and Hedges did not look happy levering himself off. Looks serious.

I'll let you into something that anyone with half a brain would have realised, that I  was being sarcastically making a point to RSB about (as he sees it) our collection of shite signings.
You really are thick.
I'm really not, but I'm happy to apologise for getting that wrong. You usually talk such pish, it was an easy mistake to make.

Yip, yet more rank stupidity from a manager trying to be clever.
A symptom of us all getting told how important these European competitions are all the time.  People keep telling us about how much money can be made, while overlooking the fact that improved income is only desirable, precisely in order to enhance chances of success in tournaments like the one exited today.
He deserves this outcome.

Just can’t agree with that - Conference groups would be worth at least £5m if we get there and need to be prioritised.

What did backfire is that if the rested players were regarded as the cavalry to come on and save the day if required - then predictably at least one of them would get injured, in a spell where we gave Raith no problems at all and just threw in balls on to Berra’s head.

Hedges was that injury and will be a huge miss, especially in the home leg if the team can manage the basic defending that has been lacking so far this season over in Baku and keep things alive.

Well done to Raith - made five good chances there.

Jack Gurr - jesus wept.

34 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:
You really are thick.

I'm really not, but I'm happy to apologise for getting that wrong. You usually talk such pish, it was an easy mistake to make.

A fool makes a self assessment...

What's the money for?
An end in itself, is it?

The money would be huge for the club, given recent financial losses.
May attract better players and allow us to afford them.

It would also mean our ranking points would improve in terms of future seeding in Europe - and the simple enjoyment, prestige and something different of European football instead of the suffocating domestic fixture list where you play the same sides all the time.

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Interesting defeatism from the boys from the town of Raith. 

I don't quite see it like that. It's inevitable that Glass will shuffle the pack today, and there's a fair chance that we'll end up with a side similar to the one that started against Livi....all over the place, and with no real striker on the park. 

Brown won't be in the starting XI, and it's unlikely that MacKenzie, Hedges, and maybe Ramirez will start. 

We're going to be back to the round pegs in square holes solution, with JET up front and McGinn and McLennan in theory supporting him but in reality drifting around 30 yards away. 

I still think we'll win, but it'll be nothing like as clear cut as the Rovers boys are predicting. It may well take one of Glass's now traditional half time intervention. 

2-1 Dons.

Got everything right, apart from the direction of the score. 

My mate and me were talking at half time, and the certain feeling was that despite the fact that this was a training game for the Dons in the 1st half, all Raith had to do was to up their game a wee bit and we were beat. 

And so it came to be. 

Nothing much more to be said that hasn't been said. The Rovers simply upped the tempo, played the ball forward quicker, and we crumbled. The square pegs into round holes as mentioned above were all too vulnerable.....JET can't play as a striker, Hayes and McInnes are too old and slow, McGeough offers nothing going forward, and Gurr and Jenks were either anonymous and/or pathetic. 

And McLennan proved once again that he's a small time player in a big time shirt that offers naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaada. He can f**k right off to Falkirk or Alloa or somewhere that's undoubtedly his level. He's a fraud.....f**k off. 

I think that there was a feeling that the kick in the nuts was coming sooner rather than later. We got out of jail last week, but sadly unless we strengthen the squad ASAP, the next kick in the nuts in only days away. 

It would be great to get to the group stages of whatever European competition we're in, but realistically we can only win 2 compeitions, and that's us out of one. 

Glass has been humilated in the 2 domestic cup ties that we've played under him. This is the sort of stuff that got McInnes booted. 

That was fun.

For as much as Aberdee  rested players, there was enough quality on that pitch to create a single decent opportunity. Which they did not.  Not to mention  the fact that for 20 minutes they had Brown, Ramirez, Ferguson and Hedges on the pitch, and still didn't lay a glove on us.  Not to mention Ojo, who Rob McLean and the rest of the Red TV team were waxing lyrical about on Thursday.

The equaliser changed the match and gave the whole place a lift.  Starks Park isn't exactly a cauldron of noise, but the crowd had in impact in that 2nd half. When the South Stand has something to cheer, it makes all the difference.

In the end, game plan worked a treat.  Special mention to Berra, who absolutely strolled it.

Edited by CALDERON

20 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The money would be huge for the club, given recent financial losses.
May attract better players and allow us to afford them.

It would also mean our ranking points would improve in terms of future seeding in Europe - and the simple enjoyment, prestige and something different of European football instead of the suffocating domestic fixture list where you play the same sides all the time.

I can just about understand the last part, but it's come at quite a cost this early.