Queens v Kilmarnock

13 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

As you say Roy had a good League Cup,  looked to be up for it and put in some good shifts and scored a few goals into the bargain.   It's still to be seen if he can maintain that form in the league or turn out to be as bad as fans of his  previous have reported. He did miss an absolute sitter on Saturday which hopefully won't be a sign of things to come.  I would think most Queens fans will be happy with what they've seen of him so far,   but it's early days yet.

As for jobbers,  our budget probably dictates that that is the market we are able to deal in,  it's a case of Allan Johnston hopefully getting something out of them collectively and them trying to show they have something to offer. The loan market is usually crucial for us as well to get in slightly better quality players.  We've also cast our net a bit wider over the past couple of seasons bringing some players up from lower league English teams,  hoping to uncover a gem.  Ayo Obileye had one season with us and earned a move to Livingston,  hopefully some of these unknowns can also show they are capable of moving to a higher level. 

It will definitely be an interesting season for you guys. There is no doubting the fact that there are some interesting players in your squad - Paul McKay and Harry Cochrane being the two that I really want to pay attention to.

Feel as though it’s the latter’s last chance to really try and make a go of it and establish himself as a good midfielder at this level. 

Edited by Nadroj

24 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:
On 04/08/2021 at 17:22, Mr X said:
With the 1m social distancing, I dont think so

Do you need that now? Can you not sit people on groups of 15 now?

You can in q heer garden. Thistle are using groups of 15 as a rule 

Thankfully after this weekend games should he a free for all.

Do you need that now? Can you not sit people on groups of 15 now?
You can in q heer garden. Thistle are using groups of 15 as a rule 
Thankfully after this weekend games should he a free for all.
I've no idea where the 15 comes from or how it works but you definitely still need 1m social distancing.

It will definitely be an interesting season for you guys. There is no doubting the fact that there are some interesting players in your squad - Paul McKay and Harry Cochrane being the two that I really want to pay attention to.

Feel as though it’s the latter’s last chance to really try and make a go of it and establish himself as a good midfielder at this level. 

Why McKay out of interest?

2 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Why McKay out of interest?

I think for this level he’s quite a good player given his versatility. Not outstanding or anything but decent enough. 

The fact he bounced around a few championship teams in England before going to Airdrie always makes me think that maybe he has a wee bit more to give that he just hasn’t shown yet, but time will tell. 

I think for this level he’s quite a good player given his versatility. Not outstanding or anything but decent enough. 

The fact he bounced around a few championship teams in England before going to Airdrie always makes me think that maybe he has a wee bit more to give that he just hasn’t shown yet, but time will tell. 

Looked average last week, I thought he was okay first half but totally lost his way second.. could all be down to a lack of football though. I’d playing him on right hand side of the back 3 if we continue to go with that.

Guest Flash
On 04/08/2021 at 17:06, Squirrelhumper said:

Nice one. Thanks. 

Is the stadium capacity 2000?

On 04/08/2021 at 17:22, Mr X said:

With the 1m social distancing, I dont think so

The crowd limit in Level 0 is still 2,000, unless the club has requested and received approval for a higher number from the council. It changes to 5,000 on Monday but, again, can be increased if the local council approves.  Celtic and Rangers have already had maximum capacity approved for their games after Monday.
The limits are also a bit confusing because the limit for outdoor seated is 2,000 and outdoor grouped standing is 1,000. It isn’t clear what happens when your event has both. Presumably it is up to the local council to clarify. 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-0/

Outdoor seated and open space events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 2,000 people.
Outdoor grouped standing events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 1,000 people.

Higher capacities may be permitted if agreed by the relevant local authority authority/Scottish Government

The crowd limit in Level 0 is still 2,000, unless the club has requested and received approval for a higher number from the council. It changes to 5,000 on Monday but, again, can be increased if the local council approves.  Celtic and Rangers have already had maximum capacity approved for their games after Monday.
The limits are also a bit confusing because the limit for outdoor seated is 2,000 and outdoor grouped standing is 1,000. It isn’t clear what happens when your event has both. Presumably it is up to the local council to clarify. 
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-0/

Outdoor seated and open space events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 2,000 people.
Outdoor grouped standing events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 1,000 people.
Higher capacities may be permitted if agreed by the relevant local authority authority/Scottish Government

Yes, all correct.

However, with social distancing I don't believe we can physically fit 2000 in the ground. That was my point

Guest Flash
3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yes, all correct.

However, with social distancing I don't believe we can physically fit 2000 in the ground. That was my point

Ah, right. I thought with it being reduced to one metre between groups of people the capacity would be more than 2,000 now.
As you were.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I've no idea where the 15 comes from or how it works but you definitely still need 1m social distancing.

Groups of up to 15 people can meet outdoors without social distancing. This has meant that some football clubs have allowed groups of up to 15 to sit together without the need for distancing.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Not if sitting in a group. Same way 15 folk can sit in a beer garden outside. No chance theres  1m between each person.

Pile of pish anyway. 

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Groups of up to 15 people can meet outdoors without social distancing. This has meant that some football clubs have allowed groups of up to 15 to sit together without the need for distancing.

Correct. Football clubs who a actually read the rules.

Correct. Football clubs who a actually read the rules.
Not if sitting in a group. Same way 15 folk can sit in a beer garden outside. No chance theres  1m between each person.
Pile of pish anyway. 
Seems the group of 15 is for "informal social gatherings". Bit of a stretch to apply that to attending a football game I would say.

That's the general scot gov advice. The clubs will be following what's been set out by the Joint Response Group. I have no idea what they've said about groups of 15.

7 minutes ago, Flash said:

Ah, right. I thought with it being reduced to one metre between groups of people the capacity would be more than 2,000 now.
As you were.

The Main Stand is still (largely) unusable as it's partly Red Zone for subs and the part that isn't is basically occupied by Press, Scouts, Directors, and Hospitality which re-opens tomorrow on a limited basis.

Two sections of the BDS Digital Stand are unusable because of the need to keep them Red Zone clear for the away side who still have to change over there due to the requirement for social distancing in dressing rooms meaning that one squad still cannot fit in a single dressing room. So in terms of seats we only have 7 sections of the BDS sellable at best (2 of which are the half sized end sections).

The Enclosure in front of the Stand is unusable because it's in the Red Zone route between Stand and pitch for subs.

It's very difficult to say what capacity is because it depends on how many family groups apply for tickets together (regardless of what Thistle are doing our system I think only allows for a maximum of 4 or 5). Only once you fit those in and apply 1m distancing round them do you know where you can put the next group, etc. Plus the seats nearest the aisle on both sides are supposed to be left vacant to allow for distancing when people walk up and down the stairs etc.

I think if everybody applied as a single application, thereby minimising the capacity we'd probably be able to get somewhere in excess of 1,000 paying punters in using the Terregles Street end, maybe nearer 1,200. Capacity comes up as groups sit together though.

Guest Flash
48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The Main Stand is still (largely) unusable as it's partly Red Zone for subs and the part that isn't is basically occupied by Press, Scouts, Directors, and Hospitality which re-opens tomorrow on a limited basis.

Two sections of the BDS Digital Stand are unusable because of the need to keep them Red Zone clear for the away side who still have to change over there due to the requirement for social distancing in dressing rooms meaning that one squad still cannot fit in a single dressing room. So in terms of seats we only have 7 sections of the BDS sellable at best (2 of which are the half sized end sections).

The Enclosure in front of the Stand is unusable because it's in the Red Zone route between Stand and pitch for subs.

It's very difficult to say what capacity is because it depends on how many family groups apply for tickets together (regardless of what Thistle are doing our system I think only allows for a maximum of 4 or 5). Only once you fit those in and apply 1m distancing round them do you know where you can put the next group, etc. Plus the seats nearest the aisle on both sides are supposed to be left vacant to allow for distancing when people walk up and down the stairs etc.

I think if everybody applied as a single application, thereby minimising the capacity we'd probably be able to get somewhere in excess of 1,000 paying punters in using the Terregles Street end, maybe nearer 1,200. Capacity comes up as groups sit together though.

Do you know whether Red Zones will still be required from Monday? Will the capacity be 5,000 (potentially more if council approved)? And will walk-ups be allowed, or will it be all-ticket just in case more than 5,000 show up on the day? (I know that is extremely unlikely for most games but just wonder if the rules say clubs have to know in advance what the crowd will be).

38 minutes ago, Flash said:

Do you know whether Red Zones will still be required from Monday? Will the capacity be 5,000 (potentially more if council approved)? And will walk-ups be allowed, or will it be all-ticket just in case more than 5,000 show up on the day? (I know that is extremely unlikely for most games but just wonder if the rules say clubs have to know in advance what the crowd will be).

I don't know any of this. As far as I know there has been no update from the JRG but I don't get them directly. There will be Red Zones until we're told otherwise. Walk ups won't be allowed I imagine until it's not required to take track and trace details. It's not practical to do that with walk ups. Although social distancing is (supposedly) going, I've seen nothing to suggest whether or not it will still be required to maintain track and trace on allocated seats.

Fortunately as we don't have a home game for 3 weeks I imagine this will be clarified well before we need to consider it again. Ideally with the removal of all restrictions but I fear that's wildly optimistic.