Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:

Would you like us to shoot anyone whilst we're at it?

Phantom.

Maybe just try be competent at the basics of putting on a football game? You've absolutely fucked the lowest simplicity of it. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They let you fuckers carry on after paying 0p in the pound. I wouldn’t hold out much hope for sanctions here. 

Sure we got a points deduction for that, quite lenitent really but I think that's a fair shout, minus 15 for Raith? 

Just now, FK1Bairn said:

I'm in no way a fan of either club but you are fully aware it wasn't Raith's decision to start the game. That decision was made between the Match Commander and Referee

The match commander gave no permission to start the game. 

You know, due to there being no electricity in the stands. That seems to have been all of Raiths doing. 

Having a powrcut is unfortunate, if you have no juice then it is what it is, Raiths reaction to it was by all accounts absolutely horrendous. 

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I may be wrong, however I believe that pish is warm the world over.

I’m sure it is. I still don’t understand how it helps you see it in the dark though. 

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Pffft. Where’s the excitement in that? Football forums wouldn’t get half the traction they do if things ran smoothly at clubs.

I must take you to task on this concept.

It is a regular occurrence that when St Mirren get horsed (P&B site owner is a Buddie) this site crashes.

You know, due to there being no electricity in the stands. That seems to have been all of Raiths doing. 

Having a powrcut is unfortunate, if you have no juice then it is what it is, Raiths reaction to it was by all accounts absolutely horrendous. 
Not sure what age you are but I can guarantee that in future you're gonna have to deal with things which are far more serious, possibly even life changing, than a 2nd level Scottish football match being postponed. Toughen up buddy.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I’m sure it is. I still don’t understand how it helps you see it in the dark though. 

FFS.

It doesn't, the warmth helps you know where it is.

Between you and @welshbairn tonight has been very taxing on the banter front.

52 minutes ago, Rugster said:

America is different to be fair. Don’t think you’ve even got chip and pin yet. Just wait until you hear about contactless. 

Correct on PIN, it’s chip only. Contactless I love, it’s the most secure choice, but I still intensely dislike using it for smaller purchases or at some locations.

This is going to rumble on in a a finger pointing blame game between the referee, the club and the police as to why this fiasco was allowed to even begin and on who's say so.

Rovers have taken some stick recently in terms of output and pricing. This is an opportunity to buy some invaluable pr with the rematch.

I'm not expecting much. 

Edited by pub car king

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

FFS.

It doesn't, the warmth helps you know where it is.

Between you and @welshbairn tonight has been very taxing on the banter front.

But the warmth wouldn’t help you know where it is unless you’re pishing on yourself…. Wait, like I said, yes. A fife thing. Got it. 

Also, if there was actually tax on banter you’d be due one hell of a rebate. 

Edited by Rugster

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

But the warmth wouldn’t help you know where it is unless you’re pishing on yourself…. Wait, like I said, yes. A fife thing. Got it. 

Helped you lot to know what was happening on 15 April, 2020.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

🤣

Glad this game was in the Beeb to actually find out what was going as the tannoy and emergency lighting were gubbed in the away end. Raith will probably get a fine from the Council for breeching their safety certificate unless both the main and auxiliary supply went down.

Would have thought the game would be on this weekend but depends if they revoke the safety certificate.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Bill Clark has basically just given a mea culpa on the radio, but there were streetlights down as far as Morrisons, so either it was a wider issue or the Rovers have managed to f**k half the energy supply in the town. 

The flats just behind the South Stand had lights etc on.  

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Glad this game was in the Beeb to actually find out what was going as the tannoy and emergency lighting were gubbed in the away end. Raith will probably get a fine from the Council for breeching their safety certificate unless both the main and auxiliary supply went down.

Would have thought the game would be on this weekend but depends if they revoke the safety certificate.

Dont be silly

Anyway, it's a shame as the South Stand was absolutely bouncing.  Literally at one point.  The atmosphere was superb,  as it was from the Dunfermline fans who actually turned up. 

The streetlights were down, but the flats behind the South Stand had lighting etc, so who knows.  As has been said, Clark has already made it seem like the Rovers fault.

It is what it is.  I'd probably be cheesed off if it was another club, but some of the reactions here and outside the ground have been hilarious.