Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’m in my mid 30s and it pisses me off having to use cash for anything. 

There you go, I despise having to use a phone/card/whatever versus cash…yep, 50’s. And I despise it because of weak security on POS systems is all too common and I hate having to fight to get my own money back because some convenience store clerk looked the other way for a minute while someone installed a scanner in the POS unit in exchange for $50.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. They made a complete mess of the situation. Let one set of fans out and hold the other back for 10 minutes. It's not rocket science. I went up Pratt St but I could see the police all running down the hill. They must've been the only people there who couldn't see the potential for bother. It was fortunate there wasn't another 1,000 or so Pars fans there. 

Yeah, it was too early to say a pattern had been established but as soon as they started pressing us up the pitch we looked lost. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we try and charge everyone a tenner for the rearranged match... 

If they weren't letting people in they clearly knew the match was unlikely to finish. I suspect if it hadn't been on TV they wouldn't even have started. 

As for the reason, it's hard not to think this was something to do with the new lights. 

As we are all well aware, if there is one ten minute spell that doesn't mean much in terms of the flow the game, its the first ten minutes.

8 minutes ago, true fan said:

Great advert for Scottish football

Hope the authorities throw the book at tip pot fc

Bit melodramatic that.  There's not really a book to throw.  It's just a thing that happens occasionally.  The match will get played at a later date.  

23 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We're no the first club thats had this happen and we certainly wont be the last, All you shit stirring gloating keyboard warriors just remember karma is a bitch

Someone come and collect their grandad, he’s been left unsupervised again.

27 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The club would like to apologise  to everyone impacted by the abandonment of tonight’s fixture.

This was due to an electrical issue which, as of yet, is unresolved.

Electrical engineers are still looking to identify the root cause of why the power failure affected certain areas of the stadium.

It was due to this power issue that floodlights, fire alarms, smoke alarms, stand and concourse lighting as well as electrical supply into parts of the ground failed.

The Police Scotland Match Commander decided that in the interest of Public Safety that the game could not continue.

A full investigation between the SFA, SPFL, football club, stewarding company and Police Scotland is ongoing.

Further information including rescheduling of the fixture will be provided in due course.

We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time for what has been a difficult evening for everyone.

This is the statement from the club. 

So this is saying that a match went ahead when essential safety systems and lighting were not working and they knew they were not working. 

The actual f**k.

Is that last bit part of the official statement?