Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Police and stewards outside told us after the game had kicked off that the game can’t have kicked off, because they hadn’t given them the go-ahead yet. Turnstiles weren’t even back up by the time it got abandoned. Hundreds locked out at both ends - although stewards did open the gates in the away end minutes before it was abandoned.

25 minutes ago, Wardy said:

No idea why couldn’t have people at each exit letting one person in one at a time? Everyone had a ticket?

A complete and utter failure of resilience planning. How on earth thisxeasnt on a risk register is beyond me. 

When I was a doorman we had aback up plan for the radios and tills going down.

12 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Well, can't deny that was a riddy. Only positives are that it gives more time for Vaughan to get fit. When the game was ongoing, we looked very flustered and unable to string passes together.

Agreed about Vaughan gives us another week to get him up to speed. Dunfermline clearly know our tactics not allowing us time for our passing game and BRS not interested in collecting the ball in midfield.

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
9 minutes ago, renton said:
It was 10 fucking minutes

I'm not saying it would've remained the same. But given the build up and the atmosphere in the south stand and how we'd done against Aberdeen I was quite surprised by how we struggled to get to grips with things. All irrelevant now.

The tempo of a game doesn't become apparent in the first 10 mins. As you say, irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

A complete and utter failure of resilience planning. How on earth thisxeasnt on a risk register is beyond me. 

When I was a doorman we had aback up plan for the radios and tills going down.

Utterly incompetent. Doesn’t take rocket science to have this kind of thing in place. Of course this would have been an issue if it was pay at the gate, but it wasn’t….

even it was, a separate queue for tickets at the office. Delay kick off to 8pm. Not sure if TV had any input either as to getting the game started or if it’s the sole decision of the ref…

2 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Why was there such a low crowd there? Were there restrictions?

No. Pars fans couldn't be fucked.  T.V looked a better option. As was proven.

I believe there were quite a few couldn't get in due to the ticketing system relying on Wifi though

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

even it was, a separate queue for tickets at the office. Delay kick off to 8pm. Not sure if TV had any input either as to getting the game started or if it’s the sole decision of the ref…

TV surely had nothing to do with it, this wasn't a 19:00 kick off so no news at 9pm to run up against.

Who would have thought a couple of hours ago that the Friday Night Fife Derby thread would end up as a 'our ground is better than yours' fight between the Raith and Caley fans.

Edited by Hedgecutter
typo