Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How do they know that the system was “abused”? Did they publish details about this for supporters to see on their website?

I really wonder if it was abused how much by,  I can’t imagine there’s hundreds of fans doing this.  One or two, possibly.

Faced with the possibility of losing a small amount of money or making attending games more difficult for disabled fans they have chosen the later. Not sure how that is justified. 

Also it’s odd to me that in the disabled info they are open that not all facilities are accessible, surely that’s enough justification to not charge full price?

45 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Is anyone else starting to get that familiar feeling that this might be heading for a classic Rovers fail when they're expected to win against a team in disarray? Like, QOS last season?

Surely not 🙄

Like against Accies three weeks ago where all their fans told us that we'd demolish them? In fairness, they were right for 65 minutes. 

Same story every week - fans love to play up the negatives. 

20 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Like against Accies three weeks ago where all their fans told us that we'd demolish them? In fairness, they were right for 65 minutes. 

We’ve conceded 10 goals in three games and our manager is quoting Cruyff.

If you have some positives for us then please share.

Genuinely not trying to lull you I to a false sense of security BA. If that system is used on friday then we will get fucking horsed out of sight [emoji23][emoji23] I take no pleasure in saying that.

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We’ve conceded 10 goals in three games and our manager is quoting Cruyff.

If you have some positives for us then please share.

Five at Ibrox, where we might also have had that kind of scoreline. Morton scored a freak goal in the last minute. Our Accies debacle was Thistle's for you. We had a surprisingly good outing against Aberdeen, so form has swung in our favour. But there are goals in your team and as we showed at Kessock where we hardly created a chance; things might not turn out so bad for Dunfermline.

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Genuinely not trying to lull you I to a false sense of security BA. If that system is used on friday then we will get fucking horsed out of sight emoji23.pngemoji23.png I take no pleasure in saying that.

It's people that are the problem, not systems. Remember?! 

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Five at Ibrox, where we might also have had that kind of scoreline. Morton scored a freak goal in the last minute. Our Accies debacle was Thistle's for you. We had a surprisingly good outing against Aberdeen, so form has swung in our favour. But there are goals in your team and as we showed at Kessock where we hardly created a chance; things might not turn out so bad for Dunfermline.

So the positives are mainly that Raith Rovers are also pretty shit?

Fab.

14 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I laughed a lot at the accies game,  but you had some positives to take from that.  We have absolutely nothing from recent performances.

The score lines just don’t reflect the performances,  they are far worse.     Thistle could of been out of sight at HT,  Morton could have got a few more and our goals came from the small benefit of playing a shit load of strikers in we were able to react quickest to bouncing balls in the 6 yard box.  5 at ibrox isn’t an unusual score line,  Rangers stopping at 5 just cos the felt sympathy and didn’t bother in the 2nd half is more unusual.

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I laughed a lot at the accies game,  but you had some positives to take from that.  We have absolutely nothing from recent performances.

The score lines just don’t reflect the performances,  they are far worse.     Thistle could of been out of sight at HT,  Morton could have got a few more and our goals came from the small benefit of playing a shit load of strikers in we were able to react quickest to bouncing balls in the 6 yard box.  5 at ibrox isn’t an unusual score line,  Rangers stopping at 5 just cos the felt sympathy and didn’t bother in the 2nd half is more unusual.

Is this borne of pessimism or what you've actually witnessed? I've no reason to doubt, but we all go through spells of dejection when a new manager and new team don't gel right away. I don't think Grant's a Locke (although I think he's an arrogant stubborn git), he had Alloa playing good stuff despite relegation. I can't see your present form lasting for long.

8 hours ago, Raithie said:

My laddie is registered disabled and he's under 12 and has just started coming to the football. According to the Rovers site he wouldn't be entitled to a free carer due to his age and would need a parent/guardian to go to games anyway. Popped down to the club and he got his season ticket for £25 and I was able to get one as his carer. No questions asked. Just had to show his DLA award letter. They didn't even need to see him in person either. 

Well done. This us how it should be.

However it does yet again make the club look pretty stupid. Still advertising that disabled under 12s dont get a free carer which obviously isn't the case. 

The admin at the club this year is an utter shambles.

Got to be honest, this ‘we’re pish’ ‘no, we’re pisher’ stuff is getting tired. We played brilliantly for 70 minutes against Hamilton, then collapsed. We huffed and puffed against Inverness. We then struggled for 45 minutes against Aberdeen then blew them away in the second half. Does any of this have any relevance on Friday? Probably not. Are we favourites or expected to win? Definitely not. Look at the 4-0, 5-1 results last season.  It’s a derby, anything could happen

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Is this borne of pessimism or what you've actually witnessed? I've no reason to doubt, but we all go through spells of dejection when a new manager and new team don't gel right away. I don't think Grant's a Locke (although I think he's an arrogant stubborn git), he had Alloa playing good stuff despite relegation. I can't see your present form lasting for long.

What I witnessed.

In the later stages of the Partick game I was struggling to watch, I couldn’t understand what was going on,  I don’t remember doing that much at a game,  There’s been plenty of games where we’ve been outplayed.   Many others that we’ve just not turned up or where individual mistakes seem rife.  But one where we openly invite pressure,  don’t attempt to adjust and rapid descend isn’t what I’d expect. 

Normally when you have a bad game I have hope that there’s a chance, maybe the ball will fall to us in the box,  maybe we’ll get a free kick and somebody will pull off something special ...  Even if it’s just for a consolation, Christ I’ve even been happy at times to see my keeper time waste whilst behind just to see us though until  we can try and implement an alternative game plan.  I never had that feeling we could do something to influence the game positively it was always just a fear of how many more.  

Similarly I’m often one of the last to decide a manager must go,  I’ll give them time and find reasons to do so long after others have given up.   This time, I’m struggling, it’s wrong decision after wrong decision, backed up with nothing other than obscene arrogance.  If we play the same system and/or Ross Graham on Friday we’ll be humped and grant must walk.

Edited by parsforlife

38 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

What I witnessed.

In the later stages of the Partick game I was struggling to watch, I couldn’t understand what was going on,  I don’t remember doing that much at a game,  There’s been plenty of games where we’ve been outplayed.   Many others that we’ve just not turned up or where individual mistakes seem rife.  But one where we openly invite pressure,  don’t attempt to adjust and rapid descend isn’t what I’d expect. 

Normally when you have a bad game I have hope that there’s a chance, maybe the ball will fall to us in the box,  maybe we’ll get a free kick and somebody will pull off something special ...  Even if it’s just for a consolation, Christ I’ve even been happy at times to see my keeper time waste whilst behind just to see us though until  we can try and implement an alternative game plan.  I never had that feeling we could do something to influence the game positively it was always just a fear of how many more.  

Similarly I’m often one of the last to decide a manager must go,  I’ll give them time and find reasons to do so long after others have given up.   This time, I’m struggling, it’s wrong decision after wrong decision, backed up with nothing other than obscene arrogance.  If we play the same system and/or Ross Graham on Friday we’ll be humped and grant must walk.

I didn't think things would be that bad. Grim.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I mean we could just lie and pretend we all support two brilliant teams if you’d prefer?

Nobody is pretending we support world beaters, but this constant competition  to lower expectations is kind of boring. Maybe just accept we support teams with a 50/50 chance of winning? 

44 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Nobody is pretending we support world beaters, but this constant competition  to lower expectations is kind of boring. Maybe just accept we support teams with a 50/50 chance of winning? 

There is absolutely no evidence that we have a 50/50 chance of winning on Friday night.

I’d be shocked if every bookie didn’t have Rovers odds on by kick-off.

We’re both Championship sides and you’d presume Dunfermline have spent a bit more putting their team together. Both teams have one point from two games, of roughly similar difficulty. We might with home advantage be very slight favourites, but nothing more than that. We’re not exactly talking about Celtic v Cowdenbeath here.

I think with who is available our team picks itself with the exception of Varian v Poplatnik up front. I thought Varian looked lost in the first 45 against Aberdeen but a totally different player after the break. Poplatnik has looked good with Vaughan but not without him. Varian has probably earned another start for me.