Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Thankfully, because we had the foresight to make the tickets available for sale a full 3 days before the match, there is plenty of time to resolve any issues that are arising.....

Yeh feel like because it's on the Beeb folk might try once and give up which is a bit of a shame but understandable.

1 hour ago, rrfc83 said:

On the flip side of this I've just phoned the club up and got a disabled ticket for my 20 year old son and me and its only cost £12 for the both of us. So not sure how people can complain about the pricing as this is the price for U21's. Even if he was over 21 and i had to pay the £20 for a ticket it still means that both of us are getting to go for £20.

It takes 5 minutes to phone the club and the personnel on the other end of the phone couldnt have been more helpful. Maybe if in the past fans hadn't abused the disability ticket system then they would have it on the website but i genuinely cant see the issue with having to phone the club to get a ticket. 

My laddie is registered disabled and he's under 12 and has just started coming to the football. According to the Rovers site he wouldn't be entitled to a free carer due to his age and would need a parent/guardian to go to games anyway. Popped down to the club and he got his season ticket for £25 and I was able to get one as his carer. No questions asked. Just had to show his DLA award letter. They didn't even need to see him in person either. 

Maybe sounds like the website is either needing updated or is put in such a way that requires a supporter to get in contact with the club directly if there are any disability requirements. Although it's a small pain on the arse it's probably fair enough really.

15 minutes ago, Raithie said:

My laddie is registered disabled and he's under 12 and has just started coming to the football. According to the Rovers site he wouldn't be entitled to a free carer due to his age and would need a parent/guardian to go to games anyway. Popped down to the club and he got his season ticket for £25 and I was able to get one as his carer. No questions asked. Just had to show his DLA award letter. They didn't even need to see him in person either. 

Great to have another Rover on board. If he’s under 12 he can join The Roary Club for free, if he hasn’t already. They do some good stuff for kids and keep them interested with a reward card where they get free Rovers stuff for coming along…

The Roary Club – through donations from Raith Trust, Community Foundation and members of the Raith Forum – continues to be free for all primary school-aged kids to join. To do so, email your name, address and date of birth to roaryclub@raithrovers.net

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Great to have another Rover on board. If he’s under 12 he can join The Roary Club for free, if he hasn’t already. They do some good stuff for kids and keep them interested with a reward card where they get free Rovers stuff for coming along…

The Roary Club – through donations from Raith Trust, Community Foundation and members of the Raith Forum – continues to be free for all primary school-aged kids to join. To do so, email your name, address and date of birth to roaryclub@raithrovers.net

Aye signed him up to the Roary Club a few seasons ago when he'd come to one off games here and there. This season though he wanted a season ticket so he's fair enjoying it thus far 🙂

2 hours ago, rrfc83 said:

On the flip side of this I've just phoned the club up and got a disabled ticket for my 20 year old son and me and its only cost £12 for the both of us. So not sure how people can complain about the pricing as this is the price for U21's. Even if he was over 21 and i had to pay the £20 for a ticket it still means that both of us are getting to go for £20.

It takes 5 minutes to phone the club and the personnel on the other end of the phone couldnt have been more helpful. Maybe if in the past fans hadn't abused the disability ticket system then they would have it on the website but i genuinely cant see the issue with having to phone the club to get a ticket. 

Think the issue is disabled prices are age related.Anyone disabled over 21 but under 65 its £20.Yes carer goes free if required but thats been the case for years

The carer ticket is the ticket that can and the most likely one to be abused as theres is no proof required

Edited by Rovers_Lad

5 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Raith doing us all a favour and giving Dunfermline fans no way to buy tickets. Their website only has tickets for the home end on sale.

After humping the Pars on their last visit, the Rovers are obviously trying to recreate the conditions.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Shove your tickets up your arse. Fucking greedy, tiny, tinky wee club as always from Rovers, I'd be embarrassed beyond belief if we charged full price for disabled spectators.

They’re greedy and they’re tinky (racist111!!!) they come from down the Linkies, they’re probably a bit stinky, the Rovers family.

23 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

The carer ticket is the ticket that can and the most likely one to be abused as theres is no proof required

The disabled individual will have to show proof of disability to allow free carer to be granted.....it's not like the club are going to question whether said disabled person needs a carer or not. That's opening a whole can of worms. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Maybe sounds like the website is either needing updated or is put in such a way that requires a supporter to get in contact with the club directly if there are any disability requirements. Although it's a small pain on the arse it's probably fair enough really.

Its literally written on the website https://www.raithrovers.net/disabled-supporters.

Unsure what else the club can do when it comes to explaining about disability requirements, maybe do a door to door for people as well? 

Personally i think that if the carer is getting in free then pricing isn't an issue as you are getting 2 people in to a game of football for maximum of £20. Or do people expect everything for free?

44 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Think the issue is disabled prices are age related.Anyone disabled over 21 but under 65 its £20.Yes carer goes free if required but thats been the case for years

All ticketing is "age related" whether disabled or not though. As has been said you have to prove you are in receipt of the PIP to be able to enter the ground. The club has openly stated that the system was abused for years by people, hence why they have to add an extra level of checking to be done. I'm sure there can be improvements made to the system but pricing i dont think is one of them based on what they are offering at the moment.

Free career tickets sounds great if it’s someone who would want to go to the game anyway.

However a disabled person may have a carer who doesn’t like football,  and trying to sell the fact that you can bring along someone who is there to assist the fan where necessary as a benefit seems a bit much.

1 hour ago, rrfc83 said:

All ticketing is "age related" whether disabled or not though. As has been said you have to prove you are in receipt of the PIP to be able to enter the ground. The club has openly stated that the system was abused for years by people, hence why they have to add an extra level of checking to be done. I'm sure there can be improvements made to the system but pricing i dont think is one of them based on what they are offering at the moment.

All ticketing has always been age related where disabled haven,t until this season.Disabled had their own specific price or came under a concession.Posted this a number of times but a disabled season is now £300 for anyone between the ages of 21-65 which is £100+ more than previous seasons

Well aware that proof of being in receipt of PIP is required to purchase a season/ match ticket so dont know where the abuse of the system comes from when having to show proof has been in place for years so they havent added an extra level of checking

All disabled dont have or require a carer but every chance many will do now

2 hours ago, rrfc83 said:

How do they know that the system was “abused”? Did they publish details about this for supporters to see on their website?

5 hours ago, rrfc83 said:

Never heard of the Disability discounts being abused previously. Do you have a source for this? When I spoke to the club they never said that this was a factor. 

As for getting a free carer. This is not a benefit, it's a necessity to allow the disabled person to attend safely.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Free career tickets sounds great if it’s someone who would want to go to the game anyway.

However a disabled person may have a carer who doesn’t like football,  and trying to sell the fact that you can bring along someone who is there to assist the fan where necessary as a benefit seems a bit much.

Exactly my position. I employ a team of carers for my son. Not all of them like football. When I take him it's a bit of a bonus for me. A bonus I used to make up by contributing a greater amount on voluntary donations.