Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

2 hours ago, Paco said:

We’re both Championship sides and you’d presume Dunfermline have spent a bit more putting their team together. Both teams have one point from two games, of roughly similar difficulty. We might with home advantage be very slight favourites, but nothing more than that. 

Yes, but we've got Peter fucking Grant.

1 minute ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

If we switch to a back 4, we’re a bit of an unknown entity but I’m willing to bet we have a far better chance of giving this game a proper go.
My fingers are crossed.

It's not going to happen. It's pretty clear he is sticking to this tactic and everyone else is wrong bar him. Total charlatan. 

If Grant hasn't learned anything from his last two league games, he's in cloud cuckoo land.

Playing players out of their natural positions doesn't bode well for his career at EEP.

He did plenty of talking the talk when he first came and no doubt, many fans got suckered in with his endless innuendos.

I hope I'm proved wrong and his blatant tactical mistakes are rectified.

Friday night will make or break his support from many fans.

I hope I'm going to witness a huge change and if not? Well I'll wait and see

15 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How do they know that the system was “abused”? Did they publish details about this for supporters to see on their website?

Yes, think it was a couple of years ago that they said it. Although don't ask me to find the relevant article for it as can't be arsed trying to find it. Think it might have been towards the Drysdale era, so make of that what you will.  Appreciate everyones dealings with this isnt as good as each others but guess the only way to change it is to interact with the DLO and ask to meet with them to discuss what could be done better. Bearing in mind that i believe this role has only just been set up and is being dual hatted with another role. 

Edited by rrfc83

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Compelling evidence.

I, for one, am totally convinced now.

:D Not after convincing you. You asked a question i gave an answer. 

Back to the game, first Rovers game in about 4 years so looking forward to it. Just hoping its a decent game to watch

10 minutes ago, rrfc83 said:

:D Not after convincing you. You asked a question i gave an answer. 

Back to the game, first Rovers game in about 4 years so looking forward to it. Just hoping its a decent game to watch

“I think it was a couple of years ago but I can’t be arsed proving it”

That’s barely a reply, never mind an answer.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not quite what i typed, as i said i remember something being said about the system being abused but cant be arsed finding where i had read it. Might have been on the official site or it might have been on Fannytalk.

I do apologise though that i wont scroll through all the chat pages to find it for you and will try better next time. 

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I remember seeing the club state it had been abused. I don’t exactly think the club published specific details, names or anything beyond just saying it had been abused as a system.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I remember seeing the club state it had been abused. I don’t exactly think the club published specific details, names or anything beyond just saying it had been abused as a system.

Glad its not just me that remembered it( thought i was going mad). 

4 hours ago, Paco said:

We’re both Championship sides and you’d presume Dunfermline have spent a bit more putting their team together. Both teams have one point from two games, of roughly similar difficulty. We might with home advantage be very slight favourites, but nothing more than that. We’re not exactly talking about Celtic v Cowdenbeath here.

I think with who is available our team picks itself with the exception of Varian v Poplatnik up front. I thought Varian looked lost in the first 45 against Aberdeen but a totally different player after the break. Poplatnik has looked good with Vaughan but not without him. Varian has probably earned another start for me.

True about Varian, but when Poplatnik came on vs the Dons, he immediately got to works running his ass off and pressuring them. Poplatnik is a great team player, and perhaps not a real scorer…but that not bad.

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

That’s a pretty serious statement for the club to make while providing no evidence for the claim.

If Pars had done similar I’d have definitely been asking questions as it would have looked like a pretty desperate money-saving manoeuvre.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That’s a pretty serious statement for the club to make while providing no evidence for the claim.

If Pars had done similar I’d have definitely been asking questions as it would have looked like a pretty desperate money-saving manoeuvre.

Again my memory might not be brilliant but i think it was to do with the fact the "carer" was getting in for free and then sitting somewhere complete different to where the person they were supposed to be with were.

It was more than likely a money saving move as, i say pretty sure it was during Drysdales era which probably falls in with what you say. Outwith this i do think the club need to do more for the disabled supporters side of things, however it will probably take time and maybe lessons can be learnt from other clubs.

18 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I understand what you’re getting at but what are you actually after here, names and addresses of those who had been abusing the system and/or a step by step guide on how the system had been gamed?

Whilst competence isn’t always a label you can through at our club I doubt it’s an accusation they’d make lightly and just throw about without proper knowledge of what was or wasn’t going on. You could always try phoning the club office if you want more information as I don’t think anybody on here will reliably know any more than what the club put out at the time.

The only difference between these sides is that we had a good result in the cup and Dunfermline got thumped by Rangers. A few of our best players are also injured. 

There is no doubt here that a bad result for either side will see a fair bit of disgruntlement given it will represent a poor start for teams thst were top 4 last season but find themselves off the pace. 

Ultimately I don't think that there is much to differentiate the sides and that excessive pessimism on either side is misplaced. 

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I understand what you’re getting at but what are you actually after here, names and addresses of those who had been abusing the system and/or a step by step guide on how the system had been gamed?

Whilst competence isn’t always a label you can through at our club I doubt it’s an accusation they’d make lightly and just throw about without proper knowledge of what was or wasn’t going on. You could always try phoning the club office if you want more information as I don’t think anybody on here will reliably know any more than what the club put out at the time.

I’m just surprised that no Rovers fan questioned the club about this at the time.

It seems a serious situation that you’d expect people to remember fairly well.

Will try contacting Raith directly to see if they have any further information.

I also remember the claims that people were allegedly abusing the system. The same went for concessions and didn’t they make folk queue at the office for concession tickets rather than getting them at the turnstile? Not sure if that still happens or not. Don’t recall any hard evidence being put forward but there was a definite view within the club that folk were at it. Mind you, this was all in a period where fans were seen as a total inconvenience and communication was dire. The main thing for me is that in 2021, all fans should be able to book their ticket online regardless of whether they are a kid, a concession or a full paying adult and if we genuinely believe in inclusion then we should also be looking at drastically improving facilities in the ground for those with disabilities. 

9 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I also remember the claims that people were allegedly abusing the system. The same went for concessions and didn’t they make folk queue at the office for concession tickets rather than getting them at the turnstile? Not sure if that still happens or not. Don’t recall any hard evidence being put forward but there was a definite view within the club that folk were at it. Mind you, this was all in a period where fans were seen as a total inconvenience and communication was dire. The main thing for me is that in 2021, all fans should be able to book their ticket online regardless of whether they are a kid, a concession or a full paying adult and if we genuinely believe in inclusion then we should also be looking at drastically improving facilities in the ground for those with disabilities. 

I will tell you first hand why the club thought it was being abused.

I DID meet with Bill Clarke and the Fans Director in the Board Room in Starks Park at this time. It was about 3 years ago.

The club decided that only those with the Highest rate mobility were to get a free carer ticket. So basically Wheelchair users, the blind and deaf. You know "real disabilities"

My son is an athlete, swimmer and runner, he is also AUTISTIC and needs a carer in social situations to keep him safe.

The DWP, Social work, Court and a list of medical professionals the length of my arm agree he needs care.

Bill Clarke is a dinosaur who sat opposite me and tried to tell me despite employing a team of 4 carers and having Court issued guardianship order (on the table) allowing me to control all of his health care and financial decisions that because my son could walk unaided he shouldn't get a free carer to assist him in attending matches.

The system was NEVER being abused. Our Directors were of the opinion that it was because they were ignorant of what difficulties come with hidden disabilities.

The decision to remove concessions this year was 100% borne out of greed. Maybe just a coincidence that Bill Clarke returned to the club in the close season before this decision was taken. Yep sure it’s a coincidence.

As I have said before DAFC treat their fans with respect, pair them up with buddies and cater for them, we treat ours with contempt and suspicion.