Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

41 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Is the rivalry a generational thing btw? It tends to be aulder folks that get hyped for these matches in my experience. I genuinely don't get anywhere near as up for these games compared to the ones against Falkirk. Wouldn't go as far as to say I don't care, but at the same time it's very 'meh'. After the scuddings last season I was more embarrassed than anything with the anger pointed more at the board for not binning Crawford on the spot and starting a proper recruitment. 

People tend to say the Pars-Falkirk one isn't a real derby, and it isn't a derby as such, but I see it as much bigger rivalry and game than against Rovers. 

Possibly. My auld man regales me of tales of our main derby back in the day being East Fife however growing up East Fife were a complete non entity to me due to us both forever being in different leagues. We've shared a league with them several times lately and whilst it's brought out decent crowds I can't say I got the same buzz playing them/beating them as I do with Dunfermline. 

What it looks like just now
Capture.PNG.2d78215b0453aad79a6b74bba170cf45.PNG

Christ. When was the last time there was such little interest from Pars fans for a game at Starks? Hope we shift a lot more by tomorrow afternoon otherwise I’ll struggle to get excited for it.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Christ. When was the last time there was such little interest from Pars fans for a game at Starks? Hope we shift a lot more by tomorrow afternoon otherwise I’ll struggle to get excited for it.

My aurl fella went and bought me tickets, when I made it clear I didn't want to go 🤣 Cannot be fecking arsed at all. Just going to tan a bottle of wine and hopefully that blurs everything.  

18 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

What it looks like just now

Capture.PNG

That isn't too good. I was all for this but after watching the manner in which we rolled over last week I decided against it. Going to watch on the telly and if we win then egg on my face for not going and enjoying it but I honestly think we'll have another defeat, possibly quite a damaging one.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Dont see us taking many more than what's been sold already.

In my time we have either sold out or not been far off selling out, bar the game where we nearly went tits up. 9/10 times we take a fantastic support. This will be the first time where we take a very poor crowd through to Kirkcaldy since I can remember. Think we took maybe 1500-ish in that game where we nearly lost the club. We'll take way less than that tomorrow night. 

Clearly a lot of apathy in the Pars camp right now. The fans that will go will make their opinions be heard, however, once we get absolutely hammered. 

I simply can't be arsed. If it wasn't on T.V I would probably of gone. None of our group that go to games are going tomorrow.

The farcical mess on the park, the obnoxious manager and the general crap managerial appointments and wasted budgets over the last 5 years have just taken it's toll. 

Any reason why? This is the first fife derby with fan attendance since January 2019. Even giving our short falls with ticket sales, there was still more than enough time to purchase them. Surely it being on the BBC is putting people off.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I simply can't be arsed. If it wasn't on T.V I would probably of gone. None of our group that go to games are going tomorrow.

The farcical mess on the park, the obnoxious manager and the general crap managerial appointments and wasted budgets over the last 5 years have just taken it's toll. 

Despite it all, on paper at least, you still have a decent Championship squad. Shite as Crawford was and Grant appears to be you’ve luckily managed to a avoid a Paul Hartley gut-the-team-and-replace-with-guff at Falkirk scenario.

Any reason why? This is the first fife derby with fan attendance since January 2019. Even giving our short falls with ticket sales, there was still more than enough time to purchase them. Surely it being on the BBC is putting people off.
Chubbychops sums it up well mate.

15 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

This is actually a key point. We just keep making poor decisions and it is catching up. Poor season ticket sales compared to previous seasons as well. Not a good vibe at EEP right now. 

29 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

16 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

14 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Add:

- Friday night match (and on TV, as noted)

- General malaise with the COVID bumping up a bit and several matches have been played so people aren’t as excited by the prospect

- As noted, ticket sales period is stupidly short.

A derby match is well and fine, but until last Sunday, both sides were truly meh about the match…and now the Pars fans are literally not interested in going to see what they fear as a possible mugging. That being said, since anything is possible, might be a good game to watch for either set of fans…and a pretty good choice for a Pars fan with COVID worries, social distancing shouldn’t be a problem with so few tickets sold.