Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Are Pars supporters so down on Grant that a change of formation and a win tomorrow won't do much to change opinions?

You just know we're gonna fail to score and another "wonder strike" probably from Davo's sparring partner will win it for the pars and lo n behold they'll be certainties once again to be champions......... and all this we are pish , Grants an erse will be forgotten

On the other hand I look forward to Friday nights tears n snotters from them [emoji1][emoji1]

If he changes the formation and somehow gets us playing to the high standard most of our individual players are capable of, then he’ll slowly start to win the fins over. Unfortunately, both of those are very unlikely.

This was my favourite part, what is he smoking?

I can’t tell you how concerning it is to hear him say that. We created absolutely f**k all for the entire 90 minutes and it’s deeply worrying to hear him more or less say we could have had 2 or 3 ourselves.

I honestly think the best ‘chance’ we had was O’Hara getting a bit of space out wide behind the back 4 but Goldson brushed him off the ball effortlessly and Rangers kept possession. Even that I think was about 40 yards from their goal.

8 hours ago, flood said:

Wow….

Who are the rangereses ?

😂 That was my take from it too.  He even sounds like a moron.  That's the first time I've ever heard him talking.

10 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I recall the Scottish Cup game when there was a big marketing campaign to sell out the South Stand, with regular sales updates etc which adds to the big match feel. I know times have changed, and the Aberdeen game has distracted from this match but there has been nowhere near that build up this time - although I see they've put a new tweet up now at least. 

With the game on a Friday night and  freely available on BBC then there is pretty much no chance of selling out the South Stand. Arguably, a huge marketing effort for this game may have been pissin’ in the wind a bit? Who knows. 

27 minutes ago, renton said:

The fact that Grant is obviously a total goon is going to make our inevitable defeat sting a wee bit more. 

Suspect it's how the Pars felt when they lost that first Derby to Locke.

We don’t have a squad full of terrible players IMO, so winning tonight shouldn’t be some unattainable dream.

Think the fan base was desperate for a change after Crawford’s reign, which was a total waste of time. Only COVID-19 and his excellent playing spell prevented him being hounded out.

It was so clear we needed someone in who could galvanise the squad and the supporters and Grant being announced was like a sad, wet fart.

He seems hopeless and his own biggest fan but it’s not Peter Grant alone that’s caused this apathy. He’s a convenient target for years of pent up frustration at the club’s failure to compete for much of the past decade.

I really wasn't for PG when the rumours began but after his appointment and the way he spoke about the club I ever so slightly bought into it. League cup form was decent and the hype around the takeover was good and helped things but his recent comments following the Thistle and Rangers defeats have been mad. Over recent years we've had management involved who were likable or even ex players who the fans give time but there's no connection with PG. Another damaging defeat tonight and it could turn sour and quickly.

The game we have next week is Arbroath who I'm not expecting to come and hump us 5-0 but could sit in, make it difficult and frustrate. Say we lost tonight and didn't get a goal before half time next week it would be boo central. Patience is wearing thin for most.

I'm worried that PG is going to remain loyal to those that have played and failed in the last few games. I don't care if we play the formation but freshen it up a wee bit. We have a Lithuanian international centre half on the bench alongside two new centre halfs and neither have had a kick yet. MacDonald has done nothing wrong but he needs to come out so that Comrie can go to right wing back. I'd be inclined to drop Graham, possibly Watson too and go with Breen, Gasputis, Jones then Edwards at left full back.

Someone mentioned it somewhere but I'd honestly like to see MacDonald play in the middle of the park. Great engine, physical and loves a tackle. Try Paul Allan, we need more energy in there.

Instead of playing 3 all out centre forwards why does he not try Wighton or Toddy with two of Dow, Thomas and Kennedy as the wide players. Get some balls into the box for them to go and attack.

Absolute rambling of a mad man, where's my football manager disc? 🙈

The fact that Grant is obviously a total goon is going to make our inevitable defeat sting a wee bit more. 
Suspect it's how the Pars felt when they lost that first Derby to Locke.

It was apparent straight away that Grant was as arrogant as they come, but I’d hoped that would work in our favour. A wee wind-up merchant is always good fun, but only if you’re skelping teams every other week. When you’re putting in completely apathetic performances, that smugness and arrogance immediately translates to delusion and embarrassment.

38 minutes ago, JFPar said:

I'm worried that PG is going to remain loyal to those that have played and failed in the last few games. I don't care if we play the formation but freshen it up a wee bit. We have a Lithuanian international centre half on the bench alongside two new centre halfs and neither have had a kick yet. MacDonald has done nothing wrong but he needs to come out so that Comrie can go to right wing back. I'd be inclined to drop Graham, possibly Watson too and go with Breen, Gasputis, Jones then Edwards at left full back.

Someone mentioned it somewhere but I'd honestly like to see MacDonald play in the middle of the park. Great engine, physical and loves a tackle. Try Paul Allan, we need more energy in there.

Instead of playing 3 all out centre forwards why does he not try Wighton or Toddy with two of Dow, Thomas and Kennedy as the wide players. Get some balls into the box for them to go and attack.

Absolute rambling of a mad man, where's my football manager disc? 🙈

I had to google who Jones is - totally forgot we'd signed him. So we've not kept a clean sheet this season but have 3 virtually un-used centre halves? Top notch.