Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

57 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

What it looks like just now

Capture.PNG

If ever an image of ticket sales completely illustrates how Pars fans feel about this fixture right now, this is it.

sparsely positioned but almost exclusively close to the aisles and exits for a speedy getaway for when Dorrans sets up their 4th goal.

6 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Would have sold out by now

If we’re selling 1000 in two days in a state of total apathy then we wouldn’t be far off it.

It’s sad because I think we have a few talented players but they’re being managed by an idiot who claims he “won” the League Cup with Birmingham even though he was mostly rearranging cones for Alex McLeish.

I do think we’d take closer to 2k if it wasn’t on a Friday night and on council tele. If we’d had anything at all to give us positivity in our 3 games since real football began, I think we’d still be close to 2000 tomorrow and be around 2500/3000 if it was on a Saturday. But there’s a genuine expectation we’ll get completely outplayed again and it’s much easier to watch on the BBC and turn off once it gets ugly, than have to worry about the journey home.

Probably doesn’t help as well, that ScotRail is awful and the earliest you can get back to Dunfermline via train is 23:52, with an hour long stopover in Inverkeithing.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

I simply can't be arsed. If it wasn't on T.V I would probably of gone. None of our group that go to games are going tomorrow.

The farcical mess on the park, the obnoxious manager and the general crap managerial appointments and wasted budgets over the last 5 years have just taken it's toll. 

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

I'm the only person going out of the folk I normally go to games with and tbh I'm going in hope, it's a pretty shit prospect drive there because public transport is a ball ache, have 1 pint pre match, sit watch whatever we are served up, go home.

Probably doesn’t help as well, that ScotRail is awful and the earliest you can get back to Dunfermline via train is 23:52, with an hour long stopover in Inverkeithing.

Think we’d have rushed home to get a train through if the return journey wasn’t so shite so we’re just taking the car. Suffering this pish sober won’t be fun.

19 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

In all honesty, I can't imagine many people use the website as a direct source for information. If the club have news, I will go to the website when I see something posted on twitter or Facebook. I'd expect they have an idea of engagement on the website compared to social media.

Agreed but they should still have the information up there. They are either massively short-staffed or it’s just laziness.

2 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:
Raith not doing much to encourage home fans.. still nothing on the official site except if you scroll through the twitter bit at the bottom, which is blocked on most work pc's 

Apart from the link on the website, it would be worth knowing what else you expect the club to do since the tickets went live.

The club has posted about tickets 15 times in the past 3 days on social media, each account having thousands of followers.

They sent a direct email out about the Aberdeen game yesterday with a mention of getting along to the derby on Friday.

John McGlynn himself has urged supporters to buy tickets in press interviews and the pre-match interview on RaithTV yesterday (posted on the website and social media).

With over 24 hours until kick-off, and ticket barcodes being emailed to people’s phones (meaning paper tickets don’t need collected in person), there will be more social media posts to come along with ticket details in the weekly Digest mailout tomorrow.

But yeah, pretty pathetic apart from that [emoji15]

Edited by Fanboy Snowflake

3 hours ago, JFPar said:

Agreed. I'd have been angry if fans were at the 5-1 game but at least Raith actually played some good football that sometimes you just have to accept that the better team won. The 3-0 game was pretty even then we just absolutely chucked it. Looking back at the players we had in that team I'm not surprised, spineless charlatans.

Tbf we were the better team uptil the second Rovers goal, then it was a capitulation. Thankfully in Amsterdam for that one. 

2 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Any reason why? This is the first fife derby with fan attendance since January 2019. Even giving our short falls with ticket sales, there was still more than enough time to purchase them. Surely it being on the BBC is putting people off.

Loads of reasons, absolute apathy from the fans, feels like it doesn't matter a f**k what you do with regards to raising money, turning up in numbers etc the club will then piss it all up the wall with there amateur way of running the football side of the club. 

Seen a tweet from an ex employee that seems to reckon we aren't a well run football club, it's hard to disagree. 

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Despite it all, on paper at least, you still have a decent Championship squad. 

We're utterly lacking in centre midfield, particularly defensively. 

It's a massive deficiency in his transfer dealings. 

26 minutes ago, Fanboy Snowflake said:

Apart from the article on the website, it would be worth knowing what else you expect the club to do since the tickets went live.

The club has posted about tickets 15 times in the past 3 days on social media, each of which have thousands of followers.

They sent a direct email out about the Aberdeen game yesterday with a mention of getting along to the derby on Friday.

John McGlynn himself has urged supporters to buy tickets in press interviews and the pre-match interview on RaithTV yesterday (posted on the website and social media).

With over 24 hours until kick-off, and ticket barcodes being emailed to people’s phones (meaning paper tickets don’t need collected in person), there will be more social media posts to come along with ticket details in the weekly Digest mailout tomorrow.

But yeah, pretty pathetic apart from that emoji15.png

Something front and centre on the offical website. We've no issues updating it as you can see from all the other recent additions.

Screenshot_20210819-144535_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Fanboy Snowflake said:

Apart from the link on the website, it would be worth knowing what else you expect the club to do since the tickets went live.

The club has posted about tickets 15 times in the past 3 days on social media, each account having thousands of followers.

But yeah, pretty pathetic apart from that emoji15.png

Off the high horse buddy, club didn’t even start selling tickets until Tuesday morning, just three days before the game.

It’s hardly been a shining example of fan engagement.