Arbroath vs Thistle 21st August 2021

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

You were literally relegated from this division last time you and Arbroath shared it, champ. And your pumping today is instructive as to what happens next.  

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

I’d be more concerned about “what happens next” if we hadn’t already beaten the team who dispatched your mob today.

Thanks for playing, though.

6 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Can't you just admit that you were well beaten today and that it had more to do with how well Arbroath played as opposed to Thistle being terrible. As I've said before, I love how we're written off by other team's fans, particularly ones that are new to the division.

I don’t understand how people can continually write Arbroath off for games, Thistle had started the season really well but I didn’t think many fans would’ve been particularly confident of a win at Gayfield in all honesty (Hope more than anything else). Arbroath have had some terrific performances against full time sides since coming up a few years ago, to underestimate them would be plain silly. 

(I know the first part of that post wasn’t to me but;) of course Thistle were well beaten, I don’t think we performed as well as we could’ve in any case but Arbroath certainly took command of the second half and seemed comfortable, much deserved the victory. 

10 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Top 4 this season for Arbroath? Certainly wouldn't have them anywhere near the bottom this year.

Nope. This leagues decent. Thistle got 2 great results to start off with but overall not too sure on you. We will happily take 8th.... 

11 hours ago, virginton said:

You were literally relegated from this division last time you and Arbroath shared it, champ. And your pumping today is instructive as to what happens next. 

1-3 isn't really a pumping though.  A true pumping would be something like, say, 2-10.

Just to be crystal clear - do you think Morton will finish above Partick Thistle this season? 

38 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’m reading he used a racist term towards Gaston. 

Out of Derek Galston and Manpreet I can assure you only one of them has been racially slurred as a 'paki'!

The old "game of two halves" certainly applied here. We had a poor first half and Tiffoney was running the show for Thistle and I thought Thistle deserved their lead. It was a relief when we equalised to go in level at half time.

Don't know what the manager put in the tea at half time but right from the start of the second half we were like a different team, took control and took the three points.

Anyone who thinks Joel Nouble is a"junior/lowland league" level player must be worried about the full time professional Thistle defenders. He made them look like amateur/pub team players. But of course as a Thistle fan he knew that already.