Arbroath vs St Johnstone

Lichtie78

3 hours ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

That was one of the few times we played a bit of football.

If I remember right, Rooney went on a run cutting through the middle of midfield, slid it to Hendry who did a neat backheel/flick to Middleton who controlled it and hit this peachy shot. 

Yes Rooney made it happen. Thought he brought great energy when he came on, seemed to play every position except goalie. 

We didn't have a great view from where we were but at the time it looked 100% a goal. 

All the officials were poor yesterday IMO, some truly odd calls for both teams. 

Yes Rooney made it happen. Thought he brought great energy when he came on, seemed to play every position except goalie. 
We didn't have a great view from where we were but at the time it looked 100% a goal. 
He played the whole match

17 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

He played the whole match

Ha so he did! Think I was confused by the position changes, didn't really notice him much until he started getting forwards but when he did he was much more in the game. 

Chalk it up to a stressful day. Took ages to get there, traffic was a nightmare and missed the kickoff and spend ages queueing for a pie and a cup of tea only to be told they'd run out of pies and not water either. 

Gutted today. The gutsy underdogs stuff everywhere is a bit annoying, we’re a solid side well capable of giving anyone out with the OF a good game, and if anything ever showed the part time / full time thing is not really about fitness and more about the kind of player available it was yesterday. We looked fit as f**k again. Ran rings out of Dundee United in 27 degree heat right until the 90th minute and yesterday looked just as fit as Saints and we were pushing on towards the end right up until the 120th minute.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The gutsy underdogs stuff everywhere is a bit annoying, we’re a solid side well capable of giving anyone out with the OF a good game.

This is why I've avoided any patronising "Arbroath were great for a part time side" stuff. You were as I expected really. 

Well drilled, hard working, brave with quality dotted about. There's always a part time side in the Championship like that who can cause any team bother and just now its you lot.

Finding the accusations the ref caused Arbroath not to win a bit strange though, we were absolutely hopeless yet your defence needlessly fouls someone running away from goal to give us a penalty, then leaves one of our CBs unmarked 6 yards out from a set play. I'd be directed my annoyance at that more than anything.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is why I've avoided any patronising "Arbroath were great for a part time side" stuff. You were as I expected really. 

Well drilled, hard working, brave with quality dotted about. There's always a part time side in the Championship like that who can cause any team bother and just now its you lot.

Finding the accusations the ref caused Arbroath not to win a bit strange though, we were absolutely hopeless yet your defence needlessly fouls someone running away from goal to give us a penalty, then leaves one of our CBs unmarked 6 yards out from a set play. I'd be directed my annoyance at that more than anything.

Who gave away the penalty? 

Yeah the marking for the second was a shambles and cost us again. Every goal we’ve lost this season aside from Higginbothams has come from a poor mistake. Need to cut it out pronto. 

Let's face facts here, Arbroath will never have a better chance than they did yesterday. All the plaudits mean f**k all if you don't win the game. I know for a fact I'll get some wee Galatasaray w****r slagging me off on holiday next year for getting beat, even though we got plaudits for giving them a game.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gutted today. The gutsy underdogs stuff everywhere is a bit annoying, we’re a solid side well capable of giving anyone out with the OF a good game, and if anything ever showed the part time / full time thing is not really about fitness and more about the kind of player available it was yesterday. We looked fit as f**k again. Ran rings out of Dundee United in 27 degree heat right until the 90th minute and yesterday looked just as fit as Saints and we were pushing on towards the end right up until the 120th minute.

Arbroath did well but bear in mind our players had played one of the hardest matches of their careers not even 3 full days earlier. We were out on our feet, and as Tam says, there will possibly never be a better time to play us.

As poor as we were at times, in no small part due to how well Arbroath played, it was a very gutsy performance by Saints to go through after falling behind twice.  A lot of other sides in our league would have been knocked out yesterday.

52 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Is there anywhere you can see the highlights for this game?

Just been posted 

Clear from watching them that we don’t turn our pressure in games into anything near the amount of chances we should 

Patterson had a great impact on the game I thought but after watching highlights back he’s not involved once because we haven’t created anything clear cut or got a shot away from our good play in forward areas

Edited by 1320Lichtie

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Why is the commentator whispering? It’s like he recorded it in his house and didn’t want to wake the wife up.

Imagine it’s cause he was by himself and it wasn’t live. He’s usually good and there’s usually 2 of them.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Middleton might have been unlucky with not getting his second goal but technically he encroached at the penalty so shouldn't have had his first. Got to be a foul on Hamilton before the corner, how that's not given I don't know.

Still we had enough chances to win that. Hopefully start taking them in the coming weeks.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Who is Dick hanging out to dry in his post match interview? Talking about someone stepping forward to hit a penalty and he couldn't believe it, "they say it's whoever puts their hand up, well I'll no be doing that again"  chat.

He said when he saw the line up of penalty takers he couldn’t believe it. 

But out of the 5 that stepped up I would have only went for Low and Linn. So kind of get what he’s saying

He said when he saw the line up of penalty takers he couldn’t believe it. 

But out of the 5 that stepped up I would have only went for Low and Linn. So kind of get what he’s saying

The six who didn’t take a penalty: Hamilton, Hamilton, TOB, Gold, Donnelly, Gaston. Which of those would I pick above those who took them? Probably only TOB. I’ve just watched the highlights and considering Little hit the underside of the bar and Bobby hit a post it was fine margins. Going with the men who want to take a penalty is normal and I really don’t think Dick conscripting reluctant players would help. He was just angry and being a Dick.