Incels, and their insane world view.

Ric

7 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I worked with a guy a while back that I reckon probably would have gone down this rabbit hole eventually...IMO a lot of it was down to an inability on his part to accept where he sat on the food chain. Despite being the wrong side of 30 and still freely admitting he'd never had it out the wrapper, he seemed to genuinely think that he should be banging supermodels regardless of the fact that he looked a bit like Alfred A. Neuman from Mad magazine and had zero patter.

I remember one works do when there was a girl who was actually quite into him - not a supermodel, but equally hardly a stank monster - and a mate said he should go over and talk to her. His reply?

"Why would I want anything to do with that wee hound?"

Okaaay...

I reckon a lot of the behaviour you’ve described is a combination of acute shyness and trying to pretend to peers that he doesn’t care too much.

Nonetheless, there must be thousands or tens of thousands of guys like that who (thankfully) don’t join the crazies.

Just now, BFTD said:

That is absolutely going on the dating profile  :wub:

“There’s a guy on a football chat site who has never met me who things I’m personable”.  

You’ll have the women throwing themselves at you.  Or at least throwing something at you.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

“There’s a guy on a football chat site who has never met me who things I’m personable”.  

You’ll have the women throwing themselves at you.  Or at least throwing something at you.

Standard, TBF.

37 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I have had conversations with people I know who honestly & passionately believe that is the case, they are otherwise intelligent people with responsible jobs yet they refuse to accept that WWE & the likes are decided by anything other than the skill of the people involved.

show them this.

noticia-1550442458-cain-velasquez-vs-francis-ngannou-ufc-brock-lesnar.thumb.jpg.db485b3985fe7e0a04fc896f45d9af44.jpg

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon a lot of the behaviour you’ve described is a combination of acute shyness and trying to pretend to peers that he doesn’t care too much.

Nonetheless, there must be thousands or tens of thousands of guys like that who (thankfully) don’t join the crazies.

There was a distinct undercurrent of barely-suppressed misogyny there though as well, which made me think of him initially. Shyness probably is a factor with some of these punters, but there also seems to be a worldview that women are almost a different barely-understood species that you can't interact with outside of an almost predator/prey relationship.

I remember looking at one of those pickup artist forums a while back when they came up on here previously, and frankly no wonder these guys aren't getting their hole if that's the advice they're giving each other on improving "game":

"Friday - went to club ten minutes after it opened and nursed one drink while staring creepily intensely at every woman who walked in. Got up steam eventually to walk up to a 7/10 and cold opened with a crass overtly sexual line. Got told to f**k off. Stayed till 1am and went home for a pot noodle and a chug..."

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Having met both @101and @BFTD I’d say they’d make an unusual though cute couple.

20 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

There was a distinct undercurrent of barely-suppressed misogyny there though as well, which made me think of him initially. Shyness probably is a factor with some of these punters, but there also seems to be a worldview that women are almost a different barely-understood species that you can't interact with outside of an almost predator/prey relationship.

I remember looking at one of those pickup artist forums a while back when they came up on here previously, and frankly no wonder these guys aren't getting their hole if that's the advice they're giving each other on improving "game":

"Friday - went to club ten minutes after it opened and nursed one drink while staring creepily intensely at every woman who walked in. Got up steam eventually to walk up to a 7/10 and cold opened with a crass overtly sexual line. Got told to f**k off. Stayed till 1am and went home for a pot noodle and a chug..."

tragic, at least back in the day, after a 1am f**k off, it was a pot noodle and a chug to the ''hitman & her''

24 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Surely the correct approach is to turn up when the place is busier, try and probably fail with a few tidier birds and employ the 2am binrake if all else fails. A tactic which stood me in good stead for many a year. 

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Dave just needs to show pics of that bin to have panties dropping. 

I've been trying to avoid telling you this, but I got the bullet from work a few weeks back, and they kept the fucking bin  :(

It's just one thing after another at the moment.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

I've been trying to avoid telling you this, but I got the bullet from work a few weeks back, and they kept the fucking bin  :(

We could ram raid the place in the van if you want it back? Hopefully another bit breaks and spears someone’s gonads.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

We could ram raid the place in the van if you want it back? Hopefully another bit breaks and spears someone’s gonads.

The back door doesn't lock properly, so I'll make a late-night trip next time I have a lady to impress.

Edit: shit, just remembered that you actually know where I worked  :lol:

Edited by BFTD

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The back door doesn't lock properly, so I'll make a late-night trip next time I have a lady to impress.

Edit: shit, just remembered that you actually know where I worked  :lol:

“Just give me the bin and nobody needs to get shot”

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

You took your bin to work? Are you mad man!