Worst Types of Posts on Pie and Bovril

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The fact that P&B is not real life should be warning enough to most of us not to get too involved in petty irritations, but the fact that people in the 'Coronavirus' thread.....which started off as brilliant, award-winning discourse and then rapidly descended into moon howling, bat shit crazy mentalness.....invented tit rattling phrases such as, 'fire that into the sea' and 'lovejoys', was enough to raise my eyebrows. 

And then I stopped reading it, and all is good again. 

The main function of such threads is to keep the public safe. So long as they are hammering the keyboard they’re not stalking, torturing kittens etc. 

I’ve had a number of relatives of posters reach out to me requesting that the Covid thread be locked. It’s having a severely detrimental impact on posters lives, work and relationships, all of which are being neglected in favour of posting on the Covid thread.

Of course I told them that I didn’t get to where I am today by taking into account other people’s feelings. What sort of country is this if we can’t be entertained by other people’s disintegrating lives? Bloody snowflake millennials.

Edited by ICTChris

28 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve had a number of relatives of posters reach out to me requesting that the Covid thread be locked. It’s having a severely detrimental impact on posters lives, work and relationships, all of which are being neglected in favour of posting on the Covid thread.

You've no idea how much I hope that's true. 

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

What's the deal with the Politics forum? A poster shows up, brand new, and starts trolling existing users like they know them. Almost as if they have posted before under another name or something. 

The Politics Forum is easily the worst forum on the site. I must take a look at it about 3 times a year and it's just two extremes of the debate screaming at each other. We should just turn that into the sin bin - if you act like a dick on the good bit of the forum you are forced to talk politics until you're ban is up. 

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The Politics Forum is easily the worst forum on the site. I must take a look at it about 3 times a year and it's just two extremes of the debate screaming at each other. We should just turn that into the sin bin - if you act like a dick on the good bit of the forum you are forced to talk politics until you're ban is up. 

It’s actually the general public who have made me grow weary and tired of politics. They are morons.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

What's the deal with the Politics forum? A poster shows up, brand new, and starts trolling existing users like they know them. Almost as if they have posted before under another name or something. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I think the politics forum can be alright but its only ever any good around major events such as elections. Also imo it feels like more than any other part of the site it needs certain posters to decide to post in a thread on there to make it worthwhile, otherwise its just a cycle of constant shitposting, low effort trolling, people reacting to bait and people posting the same thing over and over simply to reassure themselves that they are the good guys.

3 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I think the politics forum can be alright but its only ever any good around major events such as elections. Also imo it feels like more than any other part of the site it needs certain posters to decide to post in a thread on there to make it worthwhile, otherwise its just a cycle of constant shitposting, low effort trolling, people reacting to bait and people posting the same thing over and over simply to reassure themselves that they are the good guys.

Views are just too entrenched. There are also posters in there that I've genuinely never seen post on a football related matter, can you imagine being that much of a rampant politico that you sign up to a Scottish football forum solely to talk politics? The sort of person I do not want to mix with, that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Views are just too entrenched. There are also posters in there that I've genuinely never seen post on a football related matter, can you imagine being that much of a rampant politico that you sign up to a Scottish football forum solely to talk politics? The sort of person I do not want to mix with, that's for sure. 

There are posters there who I assume are grown adults yet are unable to have any kind of normal conversation with anyone who disagrees with them. 
I include my fellow independence supporters in this. So many are thick zealots with whom you cannot even begin to debate policy around campaigning for independence. 

If you express any criticism of Sturgeon you are a closet Yoon. If you express any mild concern about law changes regarding gender you are immediately labelled a terf and abused. Etc etc.

These people are not of healthy mind IMO but they only act like this behind a keyboard.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The people who are to blame are the people who respond to obvious trolls.  How fucking dull and meaningless must your life be to respond to a troll in the full knowledge that the person is trolling?

6 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

There are posters there who I assume are grown adults yet are unable to have any kind of normal conversation with anyone who disagrees with them. 
I include my fellow independence supporters in this. So many are thick zealots with whom you cannot even begin to debate policy around campaigning for independence. 

If you express any criticism of Sturgeon you are a closet Yoon. If you express any mild concern about law changes regarding gender you are immediately labelled a terf and abused. Etc etc.

These people are not of healthy mind IMO but they only act like this behind a keyboard.

Absolutely agree on the militant independence supporters, those folk are the biggest threat to us actually getting independence. You get it the other way too, you defend something Sturgeon has done and that's you a horrid wee separatist who just hates the English. Too many who play the poster and not the post. 

18 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

The first part of that is just downright crazy to start with but the second part. I would have scarcely believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes. Is it like a Fagin and his boys type thing? @RobbieD and @mrbrightside do you want to show me on the dolly where he touched you? 

😂 quite literally don’t remember anyone on here by name but crack on with whatever you’re blethering about mate

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The people who are to blame are the people who respond to obvious trolls.  How fucking dull and meaningless must your life be to respond to a troll in the full knowledge that the person is trolling?

What an exciting post. Did you post this before or after the skydiving? 

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This is victim blaming.

Please delete.

21 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe I'm just not very sharp at spotting obvious trolls. It would be handy if they could have a wee badge next to their avatar. Moderators have a wee shield. New members have a wee hand. For trolls, a wee cock and balls symbol would do the trick.