Worst Types of Posts on Pie and Bovril

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Only squares argue about this shite.

Or is it lornes?

Posts that use white space for comedic effect.

My comprehension skills can link to a joke without the requirement to scroll.

11 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

He Is A People. Deal with it. 

No.

It's simply dreadful posting. Jumped the shark ages ago, and with the ever diminishing returns he's now getting, it's now either a cry for help, or a desperate and degrading attempt for attention 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Afghan/COVID type threads where folks have clearly been googling the f**k out of a subject then trying to pass it off as stuff they knew. 

"Fullerene, what are you doing here in Afghanistan?  Not sure if you have been watching the news.  Not exactly safe just now."

"Yes  I know but I was wanting to post something on P & B about the number of hospital beds in the country and I have been told that I can't just Google it".

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Replying to the slightest of disagreements with "seething", "verge of tears" or "you seem upset". 

Also, repeated use of Ainsley gifs is a sure-fire way of ending up on the ignore list.

Agreed, although I think it used to be a lot worse.

I mind there was a time, some years ago now, where every single match thread was full of this sort of patter. Fans of a losing team weren’t allowed to have any grievances or groans about any aspect of the game. Anyone who deviated from “we were shite and the opposing team were amazing” got told they were on the verge of tears.

I think the match threads at least are generally much more readable than they used to be.

^^^ seething

4 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

"Lovejoy" and "Engurland" belong in the same bin for shite patter. 

Everytime I see "lovejoy" posted, I see an image of Ian Mcshane rather than the Simpsons character. 

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This is based on an assumption that P&B is entirely representative of the population average when it comes to intelligence. However, given that posting on football forums is mainly the preserve of geeks and weirdos, it's not inconceivable that P&B is on average more intelligent than the general population. Except for the old Juniors forums, of course, where the opposite is true.

It specifically related to comparison against other users of P&B, not the general population.

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t like it when people say mean things about Aberdeen. 

Do you mean the city or the football team?

Sorry, that should read ‘Do you mean the shit city or the shit football team?’

I recall a radio station in Canada that had a phone in quiz.  They would give clues to a city and if you could guess where it was then first prize was a one week holiday for two to that city.

Aberdeen was the correct answer.

Second prize was two weeks.

Irrelevant posts on the ITYPD thread. It’s there as a safe haven to vent your frustrations with your partner’s behaviour rather than risk actually having to address it face to face with them. There are more suitable threads for week-long arguments about acceptable pizza toppings or preferred barbecues.

Endless posts about lane discipline and signalling etiquette when navigating roundabouts on the COTR thread.

Pedantic posts on TTJ&TET highlighting what are, at most, typos.

17 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

People who post the exact same things they've seen others post dozens of times before, absolutely merit waterboarding.

An ironic "but we just don't know" on the Coronavirus thread is the poster boy of the genre.

You mean like you in the coefficient thread?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Not really, no.
I don't tend to just copy things I've seen others say when I'm in there.  We seem to have a comprehension issue.

The same thought as others are having cant be your own thought and has to be "copied"?

What?

This thread is about crappy post types.  I nominated those where exactly the same stock phrases get trotted out by a variety of posters.  I even provided an example for Christ's sake.

I've no idea why this seems to be conceptually beyond a couple of you.