Best type of posts on Pie and Bovril

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Also, anything involving shitting and/or taxidermy inevitably ends up being hilarious.

Ah the bad taxidermy thread, I forgot about that, I think that's what brought me to P&B in the first place. Still makes me laugh.

I forgot to mention one of my all-time favourite threads - identifying places from a Google streetview image. That and the chess have been two of my favourite lockdown activities. 

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

I forgot to mention one of my all-time favourite threads - identifying places from a Google streetview image.

Yes.  That was an excellent thread.  Still one of yours and one by Welsh bairn to be solved.

Often wasted a lot of time searching arbitrary locations when often there was something special about the picture that could narrow things down considerably.

For instance, I know of lots of places that have a carousel and not just Gorky Park.  I am sure you are now an expert on the Terry Fox run and @Welshbairn is now an expert on everywhere that has held the Olympics and some that have not.

Scottish Islands/Scotland travel thread posts: 

All too often (albeit less so since Covid) folk forget how beautiful a country we live in and how great it is to explore, so I very much enjoy sharing and also seeing and hearing about the places others have been and what they’ve got up to there. 

All that said, the sooner that the loud, obnoxious, lazy littering scum/vermin can start fucking off to Benidorm again the better. 

Edited by 8MileBU

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Scottish Islands/Scotland travel thread posts: 

All too often (albeit less so since Covid) folk forget how beautiful a country we live in and how great it is to explore, so I very much enjoy sharing and also seeing and hearing about the places others have been and what they’ve got up to there. 

Probably the only thread without someone having a go at someone else. Ye don't get red dotted and called an arsehole for preferring Bute to Gigha. Yet.

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Probably the only thread without someone having a go at someone else. Ye don't get red dotted and called an arsehole for preferring Bute to Gigha. Yet.

Must. Resist. The. Temptation.To.Red.Dot.

I suspect Bute has nicer public bogs than Gigha though.

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I  think people  are  funnier making jokes about  their own  clubs  as opposed to  other peoples

I've no idea what's going on with those extra spaces, but I will crack the code, dammit.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I  think people  are  funnier making jokes about  their own  clubs  as opposed to  other peoples

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've no idea what's going on with those extra spaces, but I will crack the code, dammit.

I think he is talking about golf.