The Rangers 2012 v Celtic

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Wasterwilly thinking the Masonic refs are at it again.

Going off on a tangent here, but does anyone know the origins of why Masonic lodges imply bias towards Rangers? As far as I was aware, isn’t freemasonry completely unrelated to football or religion for that matter? Has it just been a mix up between orange lodges and Masonic lodges?

Obviously I’m asking questions you may not have an answer to, I’ve just always been curious about it haha.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Going off on a tangent here, but does anyone know the origins of why Masonic lodges imply bias towards Rangers? As far as I was aware, isn’t freemasonry completely unrelated to football or religion for that matter? Has it just been a mix up between orange lodges and Masonic lodges?

Obviously I’m asking questions you may not have an answer to, I’ve just always been curious about it haha.

That's it, mate, throw them off the scent.

No idea, most the guys I know (all older guys from the pub) who are Masons are staunch Rangers fans aswell so there must be some tie there.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
6 minutes ago, AJF said:

No idea, most the guys I know (all older guys from the pub) who are Masons are staunch Rangers fans aswell so there must be some tie there.

Here's me thinking it was a hand shake.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not a mason but my old man is. According to him, the Catholic church doesn't agree with freemasonry in general and doesn't allow or want Catholics to be Masons. From the Masonic side, there is no bar on Catholics joining. But this issue gives the organisation a Protestant flavour and an impression of Rangersism. 

This is second hand info of course.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I'm not a mason but my old man is. According to him, the Catholic church doesn't agree with freemasonry in general and doesn't allow or want Catholics to be Masons. From the Masonic side, there is no bar on Catholics joining. But this issue gives the organisation a Protestant flavour and an impression of Rangersism. 

Excellent, cheers! Seems a logical explanation 

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The social club attached to my Granddad's old masonic lodge had a sign up saying "no party popers" with a picture of JPII in a red circle with a line across it. 

Technically, the BNP allows black members. 

26 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Yep. The Rangers fans were all fine with Mo Johnston signing too. Was the pesky kafflicks.

I should add that this conversation with my old man came about when he invited a friend of his to join, but the guy declined because he was a Catholic. 

I've no doubt that there is a strong Orange, anti-Catholic element within the Masons. As I said I'm not a member but I do know a few people who are and there are indeed a fair number of utter roasters. 

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I should add that this conversation with my old man came about when he invited a friend of his to join, but the guy declined because he was a Catholic. 

I've no doubt that there is a strong Orange, anti-Catholic element within the Masons. As I said I'm not a member but I do know a few people who are and there are indeed a fair number of utter roasters. 

You're completely correct. The Masons have had plenty of Catholics. Mozart was a mason and devout Catholic. 

This idea that the masons are out to get Celtic is a really weird semi-fascistic conspiracy theory that you think they'd be leaving behind.

Edited by DMCs

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

E-BuTrsX0AED2ea?format=jpg&name=medium

father-ted-protestants.gif

Davis was immense in that final 15/20 minutes to be fair. He was buzzing all over the place, and the passage of play where he pressed Soro high, won the ball and played in Sakala typified how good he is.