Scotland Squad face September

Craigieboy86

My starting line up would have been:

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney Gilmour McGregor Tierney

McGinn

Kane     Adams

Good blend of youth, experience and WINNERS.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

My starting line up would have been:

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney Gilmour McGregor Tierney

McGinn

Kane     Adams

Good blend of youth, experience and WINNERS.

Wouldn't have done any worse in the Euros.

Zander Clark more than deserves his call up. From maybe January onwards (Perth Saints will correct me if I'm wrong) he has been excellent and back to his best after a prolonged dip in form.

After seeing Austria and Denmark at the Euros I think we'll do well to get 2 points from they 2 games, this isn't me talking them up or talking us down, they just look a level above us. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Zander Clark more than deserves his call up. From maybe January onwards (Perth Saints will correct me if I'm wrong) he has been excellent and back to his best after a prolonged dip in form.

and he can be an emergency threat at corner kicks

17 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

Where is Billy ?

Playing for a team that has conceded eight goals and scored none in its first two league games. After such a start (not his fault admittedly), I'd start with Gilmour on the bench for the Denmark. 

Would you pick Gilmour ahead of McGinn, McGregor or Turnbull? They offer a greater attacking threat.

We need a good result in Denmark and to beat Austria as only the group winners are guaranteed qualification.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Playing for a team that has conceded eight goals and scored none in its first two league games. After such a start (not his fault admittedly), I'd start with Gilmour on the bench for the Denmark. 

Would you pick Gilmour ahead of McGinn, McGregor or Turnbull? They offer a greater attacking threat.

We need a good result in Denmark and to beat Austria as only the group winners are guaranteed qualification.

We need to actually keep the ball to be an attacking threat. Gilmour needs to start IMO. 

I don't think we are realistically looking at winning the group and losing to Denmark in Denmark doesn't significantly impact us.

Scotland v Denmark is not a must win, nor is it a must not lose let's get that straight from the start.

Edited by 2426255

After seeing Austria and Denmark at the Euros I think we'll do well to get 2 points from they 2 games, this isn't me talking them up or talking us down, they just look a level above us. 

aye your about right.
Definitely after Christmas is felt like make or break for Zanders position as Saints number 1. Since then he’s stepped up. His confidence has grown and he’s become a presence in the box again.

He’ll be just away to hit his prime as well you’d imagine so if he can keep his head down there’s no reason for him not to be in or around the squad on a regular basis.

On 24/08/2021 at 20:37, Bishop Briggs said:

I would pick Gilmour  over Turnbull 100 per cent.

BBC gave him MOTM v City despite the loss

So you’ll give the above as reason for not starting Gilmour, but have no issue with starting Hanley?

This is why we don't deserve nice things. 

13 hours ago, Ewan8472 said:

I would pick Gilmour  over Turnbull 100 per cent.

BBC gave him MOTM v City despite the loss

People voting on the BBC website gave him the highest rating and it's clearly abused by fans of other teams to downvote any player for any of the bigger teams.  A bit different from the BBC giving him man of the match.

Jamie McGrath was the highest rated player in his game at the weekend in a match where David Turnbull scored a hat trick and his team lost 6-0 if using the BBC ratings..

It's horses for courses I think, I'd look at Gilmour and McGregor for Denmark. I'd also consider starting Ryan Fraser on the right hand side as a striker instead of Dykes as I think he would be a better choice for getting joy out of Vestergaard and Kjaer who are good at dealing with aerial balls. 

image.png.d35842e108a8b4be0a4a39a381af3d32.png