Austria v Scotland

GordonS

Actually it backs up what I was saying, Austria have no god given right to beat Scotland which was proven on the night just like Austria have no god given right to beat Israel and Scotland have no god given right to beat Austria or Israel. You can't predict in advance how the games will unfold and the teams are roughly speaking on a par.
Hopefully you will remember that wee nugget in the future but with a result like we had in Vienna it should be eez-eh enough.
Yes but, no but [insert something of little substance here]

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

When was the last time we took 4 points off a pot 1/2 team? 

Ireland in the 2016 Euro qualifiers.

Edit to add obviously they were a shit 2nd seed, Poland clearly the best of the rest in that group.

Edited by GiGi

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Adams and Dykes both seem to play better in a proper 2 up front system, rather than one of them playing alone supported by Christie or Fraser. 

I think if everyone is fit, the team going forward has to be:

Gordon

McTominay-Hanley-Tierney

SOD-Gilmour-McGregor-McGinn-Robertson

Dykes-Adams

Hendry was excellent tonight and is growing into a decent player. McTominay has never fully convinced at CH in my opinion, and we are finally reaching a stage where our actual CHs are good enough to avoid the need to shoehorn him in there. 

I think MacGregor / Gilmour should be the basis of our midfield, as shown tonight and at Wembley. It will be interesting to see how we fit Jack and McTominay into that equation (not to mention Turnbull / Gauld pushing McGinn) but I suppose it is a nice problem to have good players.

19 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

That was probably the kind of game where we all shit ourselves during it but if we watched it back then we'd find Scotland were fairly comfortable. 

We were only comfortable because Austria didn't have a striker that could do anything proper with those gorgeous crosses that were being slung in regularly from the left and because VAR for whatever reason ignored O'Donnell's clothes line on baumgartner. 

I choose to believe that Clarke knew the former and said "let them cross" 

The second, we got lucky. 

And Austria can f**k off with thinking they're better, that was an even contest. 

Just now, Gordopolis said:
10 minutes ago, 2426255 said:
I have a little fan club on here now, lovely - must have got under your skin. emoji2960.png 

I especially like your emoji usage. Nothing screams boiling point seethe more than a wee tittering face. And you use it quite a lot.

Why would I be raging - I was proved right again about Steve Clarke, Stephen O'Donnell and Scotland won. So I get to rub it in and wind my wee sidekicks up tonight. 😉

3 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Pleased Hendry has rammed it up the naysayers. No failures in the side tonight (obviously) but for me he was a clear man of the match. He's got to be first name in the defence in the future. A colossus.

Marshmallo, where are you? 😄

Edited by 2426255

3 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Pleased Hendry has rammed it up the naysayers. No failures in the side tonight (obviously) but for me he was a clear man of the match. He's got to be first name in the defence in the future. A colossus.

Big fan of his. Have been since he was at Dundee. Third choice defender at best though and that’s not even a bad thing. 

Why would I be raging - I was proved right again about Steve Clarke, Stephen O'Donnell and Scotland won. So I get to rub it in and wind my wee sidekicks up tonight. [emoji6]
Indeed, we had no right to expect a win tonight, yet we did. Exactly as you predicted. Erm, kind of.

I believe you'll be predicting this Friday's Euromillions winning numbers on Saturday morning too.

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Indeed, we had no right to expect a win tonight, yet we did. Exactly as you predicted. Erm, kind of.

I believe you'll be predicting this Friday's Euromillions winning numbers on Saturday morning too.

The basics of what I was saying is an away draw in Israel isn't a disaster, a home draw against Austria isn't a disaster and if we didn't win in Austria it also wouldn't have been a disaster. It's all there in black and white maybe go reread it? Have you given up saying that i'm raging? 😋

Edited by 2426255

Oh bloody hell.

Take your best orgasm and multiply the feeling by twenty and you’re still nowhere near even close.

That’s just the type of game we never seem to get anything from, let alone get a win.

We were imperious and although watching it with the emotion invested was hardly comfortable, I reckon if there were any neutrals tuned in they’d have thought Austria could still be playing now and not have scored, can only recall Gordon being tested once.

Really liking the Gilmour, McGinn, McGregor trio and it has to be how we work going forward, all 3 were terrific with a special mention to McGregor who sometimes deservedly gets lots of slack and he was faultless tonight.

Our defence though, Grant Hanley and Jack Hendry, both were superb, properly rock solid, it’s all already been said.

Adams and Dykes is starting to work a bit better too, Dykes is limited but he doesn’t really need to play well to fit the role/system as long as he’s a pest which he was tonight and while the penalty was lucky as f**k he does the job.

Hopefully all the weirdos desperate for Clarke to fail aren’t furious tonight, bring on the Israel game, grabbed 4 tickets in the East Stand just there, heading for a sell out and I honestly canny wait, what a day it’s gonna be, at least until 7:45 anyway.

And hey, even Paul McGinn was pretty good when he came on.