Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens

The_Kincardine

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah just that you're talking nonsense.  There is nothing about our unitary nation-state that justifies its partition however much you and yours bleat about it.

We get it. You want Ireland forced back under UK rule. You’re an extremist.

If I lived in Buckinghamshire then my opinions of whether Milton Keynes should bother applying for city status,  or the road works on Aylebury high street or Bucks council proposed change to taxi fares would  probably count for something

But I don't live in Buckinghamshire so I'm quite happy to trust @The_Kincardine's opinion on those matters far more than I would on things concerning where I Iive

Spoiler

To pick out example for that post I looked at the website of "Bucks Herald". It seems like an incredibly dull county (and I've been to Somerset so I know Dull). Their local press is dominated by roadworks and horrible sex crimes.

It's clearly got a lot of HGV drivers

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hide contents

To pick out example for that post I looked at the website of "Bucks Herald". It seems like an incredibly dull county (and I've been to Somerset so I know Dull). Their local press is dominated by roadworks and horrible sex crimes.

It's clearly got a lot of HGV drivers

Role-playing a fantasy life as a middle-class toff online - in between trawling the depths of alt-right Twitter for some good old-fashioned racism - must make the long, lonely hours stuck in a lorry queue fly by. 

16 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah just that you're talking nonsense.  There is nothing about our unitary nation-state that justifies its partition however much you and yours bleat about it.

A nation of 60+ million people should not be held to ransom- nor subverted by -a thicket of grievance-junkies.

Wow. If you look past the pathetic name-calling, you get to the truth.

Even if every voter resident in Scotland voted for independence, Kincy would still want the UK to remain a nation-state because he thinks that a 1707 treaty cannot be repealed.

Even though the 1707 borders were changed when the Isle of Man left, and then changed again when Ireland joined and a third chagne was made when a big bit of Ireland left, he believes that these 1707 borders are inviolable!

The extreme Britnat still considers himself to believe in democracy, though...

Even if every voter resident in Scotland voted for independence, Kincy would still want the UK to remain a nation-state because he thinks that a 1707 treaty cannot be repealed.
Even though the 1707 borders were changed when the Isle of Man left, and then changed again when Ireland joined and a third chagne was made when a big bit of Ireland left, he believes that these 1707 borders are inviolable!
As long as it's someone else's, it appears.

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To pick out example for that post I looked at the website of "Bucks Herald". It seems like an incredibly dull county (and I've been to Somerset so I know Dull).

How dare you. They have concrete cows, donchano.

Hopefully @Melanius Mullarkay will sort Dundee out with a tribute to Buckinghamshire's greatest artistic achievement.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

How dare you. They have concrete cows, donchano.

Hopefully @Melanius Mullarkay will sort Dundee out with a tribute to Buckinghamshire's greatest artistic achievement.

We’ve got a concrete car under a blanket if that helps.

8BBC0E90-2D83-4D2A-8F48-57351024DB12.jpeg

43 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

The Treaty of Union was created under international law so it isn't Scotland's to walk away from.  I know you don't like that but it does bring us neatly back to why I started this discussion yesterday.

You cannot uphold principles abroad whilst ignoring them at home.  A pretty simple concept for most people who can do joined up thinking.

IF the Treaty of Union is to be set aside then it's a whole-nation decision.  There is nothing controversial about this.  

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

IF the Treaty of Union is to be set aside then it's a whole-nation decision.  There is nothing controversial about this.  

Let’s put it to the vote then. Tag a referendum onto the next UK GE. I’m sure the good people of England would be desperate to keep us.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

We’ve got a concrete car under a blanket if that helps.

8BBC0E90-2D83-4D2A-8F48-57351024DB12.jpeg

Can't see the end of the inscription - does it finish with "there's no limits"?

58 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Treaty of Union was created under international law so it isn't Scotland's to walk away from.  I know you don't like that but it does bring us neatly back to why I started this discussion yesterday.

You cannot uphold principles abroad whilst ignoring them at home.  A pretty simple concept for most people who can do joined up thinking.

Isn’t it disguising and hypocritical when people witter on about a country wanting to uphold internationally-recognised treaties whilst supporting nations (and people) who are all about smashing them up. Dirty b*****ds.

“The Treaty was signed by Edward Heath, the British Prime Minister, in Brussels on 22 January 1972. The European Communities Bill was then introduced in the House of Commons to give parliamentary assent to Britain's membership of the EEC. Although the bill itself consisted of only 12 clauses (accepting all previous EEC regulations, the Treaty of Rome, and the terms of entry), it was subject to some 300 hours of debate before becoming law.”

“Since the enactment of the ECA in 1972, EU law has been a major part of the UK’s constitutional and legal framework. EU law is currently incorporated into the UK’s legal system in a number of different ways. For example, the EU Treaties and EU Regulations are incorporated into domestic law by the ECA and are therefore directly applicable, whereas EU directives are largely given effect by statutory instruments under the ECA. They will need to be “saved” by the Great Repeal Bill.

Repealing the ECA is necessary to change the status of EU law within the UK constitution. The Great Repeal Bill will need to replace the ECA with an equivalent framework that reflects the UK’s new relationship with EU law.”

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Totally incorrect. Please provide a link to a serious commentator that supports this view.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Oh, sorry. You said “serious” rather than “crackpot”.

F6876A08-36D0-40A9-B459-699347B36EC4.jpeg

No. Be fair. They could stand candidates in Eire under the "Let's reunite with GB" banner

If they won (ha ha), they could petition Westminster to rejoin. That's democracy. What Kincy suggests isn't.

4 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

No. Be fair. They could stand candidates in Eire under the "Let's reunite with GB" banner

If they won (ha ha), they could petition Westminster to rejoin. That's democracy. What Kincy suggests isn't.

Quite, the dark depths of unionist Twitter doesn’t seem to plumb Kincardine’s views. The problem with that platform is that it tends to ban those who share his extreme positions before anyone can take them seriously.