Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens

The_Kincardine

Just posting another one from Blair to keep the thread on topic. 
Some serious amount of deflection going on in this thread today. 

Said member, quite rightly, has been suspended.

The only deflection that is going on is you still insisting the SNP should apologise for something they have no responsibility for.

But that is your modus operandi as ever . . . until you get banned (again).

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Said member, quite rightly, has been suspended.

The only deflection that is going on is you still insisting the SNP should apologise for something they have no responsibility for.

But that is your modus operandi as ever . . . until you get banned (again).

Point me to where I said the SNP should apologise? 

I'll save you the hassle... you can't because you just made that up. 

Quite why you're inventing things whilst going after my character is quite bemusing. I didn't mean to upset you by posting in the let's laugh at the nats and green thread... Perhaps if criticism of your beloved political faction is so upsetting to you you shouldn't enter into this thread? 

Except, as [mention=75219]Dawson Park Boy[/mention]rightly said, we're all one nation.   If there's a group who want our nation partitioned then it affects us all so should be a whole-nation decision.
Can't remember our European neighbours being involved in the Brexit referendum.

10 minutes ago, jakedee said:
3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:
Except, as [mention=75219]Dawson Park Boy[/mention]rightly said, we're all one nation.   If there's a group who want our nation partitioned then it affects us all so should be a whole-nation decision.

The EU was never a nation.

18 minutes ago, jakedee said:
3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

When the partitionist UK decided to hold onto a bit of Ireland as it, the UK, was breaking up, did the whole UK electorate get a vote on it? 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

So when a marriage breaks down, both people should get a say before a divorce is allowed?

The dissolution of a marriage is hardly analogous to the partition of our unitary nation-state created in perpetuity.  Since 1707 we've been one political entity so it's only reasonable that the entirety of that entity should participate.  This was, sadly, the point Dim Dave Cameron missed in 2012.

1 hour ago, jakedee said:
4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

To add to @Duries Air Freshener The EU was created to be left.  As article 50 states, "Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements."  There is no such provision in the Treaty of Union.

Imagine on this day of all days, any The Rangers supporters commenting on a small minority* and endeavouring towards extrapolation.

*it's a small minority of a small minority, because dear reader, the auob march numbers are miniscule donchaknow.

45 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The dissolution of a marriage is hardly analogous to the partition of our unitary nation-state created in perpetuity.  Since 1707 we've been one political entity so it's only reasonable that the entirety of that entity should participate.  This was, sadly, the point Dim Dave Cameron missed in 2012.

Did the entirely of that unitary nation state participate when the UK was breaking up and opted to partition Ireland?

It's hardly fair that a bunch of bankrupt aristos could sell their country's independence in perpetuity in exchange for getting bailed out. In 1707 ffs.

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's hardly fair that a bunch of bankrupt aristos could sell their country's independence in perpetuity in exchange for getting bailed out. In 1707 ffs.

Historically, how have attempts at establishing it territorial integrity in perpetuity worked out for … *let me see* …

Spoiler

Great Britain

Spoiler

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland? 

5 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Because I was informing people that Anglophobia isn’t acceptable in this day and age, and giving examples of it.

OK, I've watched the video. The guy appears to be singing a song about John De Sully, who was an English knight who must have fought at Bannockburn. Here are the full lyrics of the song

The ballad of J.D.S.
Chorus
Sharp sticks and pots and pans
Drove the English from our lands
At Bannockburn he had tae flee
So he didna bother puttin’ it on his CV

Verse 1
He was the toughest of the tough and the hardest of the hard
And here was a man that wizn'y made o' lard
Right hand man tae ee's boss the Black Prince
On the field of battle he’s turn ye intae mince

Chorus

Verse 2
Strongest o’ the strong and bravest o’ the brave
Ye widna mess wi this big guy he’d puut ye in yer grave
J.D.S. wiz hard as nails
But this was high on his list of fails

Chorus

Verse 3
He’d hae yer face intae the muck
Wi the sole o’ ees great big fuut
But the bunch o’ dafties a’ got stuck
An’ ‘ee hid tae rely on ees luck

Chorus

Verse 4
Although he was a Knight for eighty years
‘Ee nivur taked aboot it wi ‘ees peers
Even when ee’d hid too many warm beers
Because this was a battle that ended in tears

Chorus (Repeat)

It's not to my taste, but I honestly cannot see why you are accusing the singer of Anglophobia. It's a comedic song in a similar vein to "Hey Johnny Cope", which takes the piss out of the loser of the Battle of Prestonpans. Do you consider that to be anti-English, even though the words England and English don't even appear in that song?

If this song is Anglophobic, then so are Flower of Scotland. & The Star-Spangled Banner, both of which commemorate historical battles.  God Save the Queen is Scottophobic, as it commemorates General Wade and the Marsellaise is Austriaphobic because it commemorates a war between France & Austria.

If you want a proper offensive song, you might want to look at 10 German Bombers (banned by the English FA) and the sectarian chants banned by Rangers FC. I'm sure that in both cases, it's only a minority of Chelsea fans that sing them.