Insulate Britain

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Government plants 👁️

Not all plants, some of us Civil Servants are more prepared than others. I carry basic office equipment and stationery at all times. When this e bubble bursts you'll be relying on the likes of me to ensure society functions.

I consider myself an emergency service.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Protest needs to disrupt something. If it's not road networks it would be something else. Unless you want all forms of protest made illegal?

You can protest without disrupting anything other than yourself.

I think the main point is that what they're disrupting isn't connected with what they're protesting. It's like me shitting in aisle three at Sainsbury's to protest council tax rises.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think the main point is that what they're disrupting isn't connected with what they're protesting. It's like me shitting in aisle three at Sainsbury's to protest council tax rises.

Did it work though?

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Give me an example of an effective protest that disrupted nothing but the protestors themselves and I'll maybe agree with you. 

Whilst I agree that if I was running IB I would probably choose a different means of protest, that's a pish analogy. Government should be concerned about anything that disrupts society, IB have done that. Shitting on a private company's shop floor doesn't concern governments or councils. 

Anyone given any sort of explanation as to why it's "not ok to stop people getting to their work"? Or is it just a handy thing for the high blood pressure middle aged lads to say to justify their wee stauners at seeing people being assaulted? NFMTSBY

Saw someone talking about how the protestors should be more like Fathers 4 Justice the other day which actually would suit this pathetic servile wee country down to the ground. Completely ineffectual but all good fun protests climbing big ben in jammies or whatever. The "Share to raise awareness" of direct action 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

Give me an example of an effective protest that disrupted nothing but the protestors themselves and I'll maybe agree with you.

Any examples of this?

To give examples from both extremes:

Plenty of managers/chairmen have left clubs due to fan protests.

Mohammed Bouazizi brought down three governments.

Also, if people were shitting on shop floors in a coordinated manner on a large scale that wouldn't be something which affects society?

There are plenty of legitimate targets for IB to disrupt rather than resorting to random sections of the public.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Also, if people were shitting on shop floors in a coordinated manner on a large scale that wouldn't be something which affects society?

There are plenty of legitimate targets for IB to disrupt rather than resorting to random sections of the public.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to go into my local Sainsbury’s again, without looking out for folk squatting over the cheeses and cooked meats, depositing jobbies all over the aisle!! 
I’m all for folks’ right to protest but that would be literally a step too far.

45 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Anyone given any sort of explanation as to why it's "not ok to stop people getting to their work"?

It’s fairly obvious tbf. If you are someone who is a low earner, living day to day and doesn’t get paid if they don’t attend their work that day, then I’d suggest it’s fairly poor to actively stop them and their family eating for a day.

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It is pretty simple. It's just a case of co-ordinating with other drivers. This just takes a little bit of time, effort and communication as opposed to sitting in the car pamping the horn and phoning talksport to complain. 

Of all the shite in this thread, this has to be the worst take by a distance. Just turn around hundreds of cars and HGVs and drive the wrong way up the motorway to the nearest exit, simple as that!

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Of all the shite in this thread, this has to be the worst take by a distance. Just turn around hundreds of cars and HGVs and drive the wrong way up the motorway to the nearest exit, simple as that!

I think they've only blocked the motorway once or twice. Each other time it's been roads within the M25 or roads to get onto/off the motorway. Ye know what happens when I'm driving and an exit is blocked on the motorway? Get the next one and figure out a route from there. Not sit in the motor on the exit waiting for the world to stop and start at my convenience.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It’s fairly obvious tbf. If you are someone who is a low earner, living day to day and doesn’t get paid if they don’t attend their work that day, then I’d suggest it’s fairly poor to actively stop them and their family eating for a day.

Right so if you apply 4 specific caveats that definitely create an accurate description of those who drive to work in London then it's fairly poor. Gotcha! 

37 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Mohammed Bouazizi brought down three governments.

This is quite the take.

Setting yourself on fire doesn't disrupt anyone else?

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I think they've only blocked the motorway once or twice. Each other time it's been roads within the M25 or roads to get onto/off the motorway. Ye know what happens when I'm driving and an exit is blocked on the motorway? Get the next one and figure out a route from there. Not sit in the motor on the exit waiting for the world to stop and start at my convenience.

So essentially just pretend they didn’t block any motorways and continue on with the ludicrous ‘just turn around and go the other way’ suggestion. No worries.

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Right so if you apply 4 specific caveats that definitely create an accurate description of those who drive to work in London then it's fairly poor. Gotcha! 

If you want to just pretend that these people don’t exist that’s your choice. It’s an incredibly Tory stance to take, but crack on.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So essentially just pretend they didn’t block any motorways and continue on with the ludicrous ‘just turn around and go the other way’ suggestion. No worries.

OK. One two occasions out of forty protests people couldn't turn round. I'll make sure to say a prayer for those who were an hour late to work that day. 

They'd be better targeting roads around new build projects who aren't insulating properly or installing collective ground heating systems, and maybe coal, oil and gas power stations and Government buildings. Randomly blocking roads that are easy to get to from their homes just annoys people and is more likely to shift their thinking to the opposite side.