Insulate Britain

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

One of them is a legitimate form of protest for a reason (whether you agree with the reason or not), the other is an entitled arsehole putting lives at risk.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, craigkillie said:
One of them is a legitimate form of protest for a reason (whether you agree with the reason or not), the other is an entitled arsehole putting lives at risk.

Agreed, doesn't make it okay to stop people getting to work, alot of these people live payday to payday so it's a big deal if they can't get to work. It's fine for the WFH chaps on here making out these c***s are heros when their daily commute is from their bed to the home office.

Without backing either side - protestors or anti-protestors - blocking roads is not on. If the government need to change legislation to make this illegal that’s fine by me.

I always get the Family Fortunes top answer so I am, or at least aM in touch with, Barry Shitpeas / Joe Public, so I reckon that’s the majority view. 

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

“Protest should be illegal if it mildly inconveniences some people”

f**k me. 

How long do they generally stay in a location blocking a road?

Are they inconveniencing emergency vehicles?

Why do they need to block roads at short notice to protest?

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

How long do they generally stay in a location blocking a road?

Are they inconveniencing emergency vehicles?

Why do they need to block roads at short notice to protest?

I don’t know.

Maybe, but lots of things could inconvenience emergency vehicles so I don’t see why they should be singled out. 

I think they’re trying to make the point that climate change is disruptive. Should they be advertising to everyone which roads they’ll be blocking ahead of time? 

58 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There's still not an equivalence. One causes minor inconvenience and delay, the other is dangerous to humans. It's like saying that graffiti and assault are both crimes so they're as bad as each other.

Have you ever considered that someone could step in front of the spray can, inhale the fumes, and develop breathing problems that ultimately kills them? No, thought not.

Edited by NotThePars

Just about every luxury a person enjoys is as a result of people protesting in ways that disrupt other folk. It's the very nature of protest.

The past couple of years in particular have really shown how many folk are nothing more than doff-your-cap bootlickers.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Who the f**k just happens to have an ink spray with them?

Guy is so proud of himself too, almost as if he's kept that shit in his car HOPING that he gets to use it. Absolutely nobody in these videos comes away looking well tbh. I have empathy with the protestors but I was pissing myself laughing at the boy who glued his head to the road. It's just brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Without backing either side - protestors or anti-protestors - blocking roads is not on. If the government need to change legislation to make this illegal that’s fine by me.

Protest needs to disrupt something. If it's not road networks it would be something else. Unless you want all forms of protest made illegal?

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Just about every luxury a person enjoys is as a result of people protesting in ways that disrupt other folk. It's the very nature of protest.

The past couple of years in particular have really shown how many folk are nothing more than doff-your-cap bootlickers.

I don't think that's true.

It seems a lot of people are simply oblivious to anything that doesn't immediately conform to their view at a particular time and nothing is more important than them and their priorities.

The mad woman from a few days ago had only two imperatives, get her child to school and go to work. Anything that prevented that would have had a similar result. She'd have been shrieking at a broken down car, road or gas workers etc.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

It's also not okay to stop people getting to and from their work.

Apparently you're wrong. 

It's alright because they're doing a 'good thing'. 

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Who the f**k just happens to have an ink spray with them?

It does look a bit set up.

The people down the end of the line just calmly waiting for a mystery liquid to be thrown in their eyes is too bizarre to be genuine. They don't put their hands to their faces either.

Edited by Detournement