Normal Island

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sounds like either the police told the driver to do one, or she shat it when he told her she was on camera and paid up and he let her out.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/inverness-taxi-drivers-have-to-protect-themselves-326296/

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think the guy who originally posted it has said the driver didn't want to press charges.

Whether she paid up or not is irrelevant. She’s on film saying what she said. 
And whether he wants to press charges or not should also be irrelevant. 

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think the guy who originally posted it has said the driver didn't want to press charges.

His face is nearly as clear as hers is and he's probably worried about retribution from her family/friends/other nutters, pretty easy to find him on Inverness taxi ranks.

20 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Whether she paid up or not is irrelevant. She’s on film saying what she said. 
And whether he wants to press charges or not should also be irrelevant. 

In Scotland it is irrelevant - “pressing charges” is one of these English things that people think applies everywhere.

32 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Absolutely horrible what is coming out of her mouth, she's being racist too.

I'd be curious to find out if that counts as racism from the apologists who permeate the island and occasionally pop up on here. After all, she didn't lynch him and "foreign" isn't a race, which is the usual feeble cover for why this kind of behaviour is acceptable.

"She was drunk" is another good one, as though alcohol makes people say things they'd never normally think, rather than lowering the inhibitions that stop them being honest about who they are. The lack of "we never saw what happened before the video started!!!" in the comments is probably indicative of just how much of a foul, indefensible piece of shit she was being.

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

I'd be curious to find out if that counts as racism from the apologists who permeate the island and occasionally pop up on here. After all, she didn't lynch him and "foreign" isn't a race, which is the usual feeble cover for why this kind of behaviour is acceptable.

"She was drunk" is another good one, as though alcohol makes people say things they'd never normally think, rather than lowering the inhibitions that stop them being honest about who they are. The lack of "we never saw what happened before the video started!!!" in the comments is probably indicative of just how much of a foul, indefensible piece of shit she was being.

I was more taking the piss out of her accent* but yeah I would agree the whole drunk thing doesn't wash with me. If I woke up to see a video of me acting like that I probably wouldn't drink again.

Spoiler

I actually think the Inverness accent is class, it's kind of like a Scottish and Cornwall accent mixed.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Police say she's been charged. Someone claiming she was in Lauders last night living it large over her new found fame. 

When I was a kid Lauders was an over 21 bar and we all kind of thought it was this sophisticated place.  Then I went in and realised that it was a fucking pit.  My mates would periodically like to go there but I didn't like it - it was one of those pubs that fancies itelf as being a bit above but in actuality is a hovel and the clientele were very much in the mould of racist taxi woman.  Almost every time we were in there I'd have someone offer to sell me imported ciggies, once my mate had someone offer to go and steal a leather jacket to order for him from Arnotts.  last time I was there was at a stag weekend and while standing outside I had several people come up begging for money, that whole part of town seems to have gone 'that way' a bit.  Maybe my visits to Lauders have been unlucky, maybe my experience is more a indictment of me and my friends, who knows.

Also worth saying that this is all at least ten years ago so maybe Lauders has been fully gentrified.

Just now, ICTChris said:

When I was a kid Lauders was an over 21 bar and we all kind of thought it was this sophisticated place.  Then I went in and realised that it was a fucking pit.  My mates would periodically like to go there but I didn't like it - it was one of those pubs that fancies itelf as being a bit above but in actuality is a hovel and the clientele were very much in the mould of racist taxi woman.  Almost every time we were in there I'd have someone offer to sell me imported ciggies, once my mate had someone offer to go and steal a leather jacket to order for him from Arnotts.  last time I was there was at a stag weekend and while standing outside I had several people come up begging for money, that whole part of town seems to have gone 'that way' a bit.  Maybe my visits to Lauders have been unlucky, maybe my experience is more a indictment of me and my friends, who knows.

Also worth saying that this is all at least ten years ago so maybe Lauders has been fully gentrified.

Nah, it's still a shithole. I could do with a leather jacket though so I might pop in.. 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nah, it's still a shithole. I could do with a leather jacket though so I might pop in.. 

I haven't been out in Inverness in a long time, nearly ten years.  I was just using Google Street view to look around Union street, Baron Taylor Streetand that area, it looks very different to when I was last there.

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

When it first opened it was really up itself,"you're not getting in with those shoes"&c&c&c.lasted less than a year like that before becoming jakiefied

15 minutes ago, DannyBlue said:

News is now just explaining what words mean to Russell Brand fans. Next week: gullible.

image.thumb.png.31bc0a1c9faa0e396ad9c1b892900f03.png

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/celebs-tv/baroque-meaning-after-being-used-8757365

I'd to google it and I'm guessing I'm not the only person on here to do that.