Dundee United vs St Johnstone - Saturday 30th October 2021

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just watched highlights on Sportscene, and it was a classic example as to why I hate Zander Clark lol. Boy's a cheat code on his day, nigh unbeatable.

He's doing it consistently now tbf, which is nice as 12 months ago he was stinking.

30 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

What was the away crowd like, how many did we take? Boy on Open All Mics said there was a nasty atmosphere, missiles being thrown and police getting involved?

I’d guess about 800-900. Wee posse of boys in matching black puffer jackets in the corner were throwing stuff at United players, looked like paper cups from where I was sitting. One of said squad was lifted for running on the pitch after you scored. Was hardly Heysel.

Weird game. Hope Tam has learned not to f**k about with something when it’s working. McMann and Niskanen have formed a good relationship on the left. Aperre spent most of the first half just sort of getting in the way. Missed Pawlett too. Second half we were excellent, Shankland up front we win that game. Can only applaud Zander Clark, one of the best individual performances I’ve seen at Tannadice in years. 

25 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

What was the away crowd like, how many did we take? Boy on Open All Mics said there was a nasty atmosphere, missiles being thrown and police getting involved?

Was a great Saints support, at a guess 1500 - 2000? Noisy and right behind the team.

The young team were down the front and were right behind the team, someone threw a bit of paper and someone threw a cup of coke onto the park near a Utd player, shouldn't happen but not dangerous and was a non-event.

When we scored, the players came right over to the Saints support and a couple of young lads went onto celebrate.  And there, in a nutshell, you have the difference between policing The OF and other supports.  When they do it at McDiarmid, they're just laughingly pushed back into the crowd, whilst at Tannadice yesterday two teenagers were marched along the track with their arms restrained.  Seemed massive overkill to be honest.

At the end it was superb, all the players and Callum acknowledging the support after a backs to the wall victory.

It was occasions like that that I missed most when not getting to matches over the covid season and a half.

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Was that meant to say 800+900 ??!!

Think that stand holds 1100 (though may be wrong) and it wasn’t full. Attendance was 7500 about 1000 up from game with Ross County who had about 100.

Edited by Gibby82

31 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Think that stand holds 1100 (though may be wrong) and it wasn’t full. Attendance was 7500 about 1000 up from game with Ross County who had about 100.

We had the top tier along to the halfway line as well, you would know much better than me but surely that whole area holds a lot more than 1100?!

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

The young team were down the front and were right behind the team, someone threw a bit of paper and someone threw a cup of coke onto the park near a Utd player, shouldn't happen but not dangerous and was a non-event.

Think the cup was thrown after Mulgrew’s pathetic attempt to win a free-kick. No reason to be throwing objects at a player  but it’s one of the worst dives I think I’ve ever seen.  

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

We had the top tier along to the halfway line as well, you would know much better than me but surely that whole area holds a lot more than 1100?!

The fair play holds 1,400. I only bought tickets yesterday lunchtime and there was maybe 200-300ish left, so c1,100 - 1,200, which feels about right. I'd say it was maybe slightly less than we'd maybe normally take. Although maybe some folk got lost in the maze that is the fair play stand! Sure the person that designed the interior was smoking crack when that was planned.

I'd much rather we were in the shed. Always feels the fans are too far apart at Tannadice. 

21 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

All the St Johnstone fans giving the 10 year old ball girls abuse today, well played bet you all feel like proper hard men. 

If you would like to pass on the same comments to some of the lassies whilst their dad's are around feel free to arrange that. 

All? You can’t get the first word right. Makes your argument of less effect. I’m sure all of our fans, some of whom are women and girls, all feel like hard men.

- forgot the :)

Edited by andrewh

1 hour ago, andrewh said:

All? You can’t get the first word right. Makes your argument of less effect. I’m sure all of our fans, some of whom are women and girls, all feel like hard men.

- forgot the :)

Trying to point out the mistakes in my grammar whilst avoiding my point just makes you look like a dick. 

Men presumably from the age of 16 to young 20s giving a bunch of 10 year old lassies dogs abuse and making them feel intimidated and scared is pretty poor showing from the St Johnstone fans who were doing it. 

I genuinely thought your clubs fan base was better than that kind of behaviour. 

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Although maybe some folk got lost in the maze that is the fair play stand! Sure the person that designed the interior was smoking crack when that was planned.

I'd much rather we were in the shed. Always feels the fans are too far apart at Tannadice. 

Funny you say that, I think that part of the ground is great for Saints support. Really good view from the upper tier, close to the pitch and about the right size for our support.

The shed is a poor view with the pillars and not being steep enough, although it’s a long time since I’ve been in there.

I like Tannadice, it’s one of the better grounds in the league to visit, after Tynecastle. It’s got an old school quirkiness about it with the layout as well.  The only things which lets it down are it being too big, and mostly the supports being so far away from each other, there’s no back and forth or rivalry. Think when they renovated and moved Utd fans out the Shed they didn’t think about that, although it must make it easier to police.

I know its a thing with United fans where they have to mock Saints even after losing to us, but the route some are going down of saying Clarks performance yesterday wasn't anything special is a remarkable one even for them.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know its a thing with United fans where they have to mock Saints even after losing to us, but the route some are going down of saying Clarks performance yesterday wasn't anything special is a remarkable one even for them.

Anyone saying Zander Clark didn’t have an exception game is either at the wind up or is an idiot.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Funny you say that, I think that part of the ground is great for Saints support. Really good view from the upper tier, close to the pitch and about the right size for our support.

The shed is a poor view with the pillars and not being steep enough, although it’s a long time since I’ve been in there.

I like Tannadice, it’s one of the better grounds in the league to visit, after Tynecastle. It’s got an old school quirkiness about it with the layout as well.  The only things which lets it down are it being too big, and mostly the supports being so far away from each other, there’s no back and forth or rivalry. Think when they renovated and moved Utd fans out the Shed they didn’t think about that, although it must make it easier to police.

I love the Fair Play Stand, particularly the top bit. However, I’ve no idea how it passes any health and safety criteria for getting out.