Accies vs Arbroath

Never saw today as I was at Pittodrie (don’t ask). Sounds like a similar match to the one I watched with one team dominating but struggling to get anything from the game.

Can’t be too disappointed with a draw though - look to draw the away games and win at home and we’ll comfortably be up towards the pointy end come May.

Game pretty much panned out as I expected, except for Arbroath being pretty hopeless in front of goal until the death.

Arbroath are such a physical side and our lightweight players just can't deal with it, they bullied us for most of the game and tbh they just look a lot fitter which shouldn't be the case.

I was on the other end of the stand, so didn't really get a good view of the penalty winning foul, seems like one of those, where if its against you, you disagree and if its for you, you agree.

It's definitely a better point than last week, but we really need to change our game plan for the last half of games if we're in the lead. We look terrified and all this time wasting and being scared to get out of our own half just allows the opposition to heap the pressure on.

I'm honestly getting tired of Matheson, when we need to defend its like being a man down, gets beaten far to easily. Mullin is so frustrating, it's obvious he has a bit of talent but his decision making is horrendous. Smith and Hamilton were easily our best performers today.

The fact we ended the day with our back four being Matheson, Stirling, Easton and Munro is incredibly scary.

2 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

I'm aware Accies are poor given I'm at our games most weeks.

But for avoidance of doubt seeing your inability to understand nuance of language I said nothing about us deserving any points.

My post purely referred to us conceding an equaliser in injury time for a 2nd game in a row as being what we deserved for not learning from last week.

I agree Arbroath were the better team on chances created so emoji2369.png

You must be fuckin nuts watching that shite most weeks.

Joke team.

Wooft Accies are not looking very good at all, dear knows how they managed a point in this game, and it was looking like they were going to do a smash and grab for all 3 too. Arbroath absolutely battered them, but just couldn't get the ball in the net. Finally got their goal but even a draw was a steal for Accies, very poor looking outfit.

Big Joel makes it look effortless holding off 3 or 4 players till runners go past him, looking forward to seeing if he can do that for us in the top flight too, cracking looking player.

Relieved to get a point but, on the balance of play, it's still 2 dropped.

It was like men against boys, purely in terms of physicality but we really let ourselves down in the final third.

As for the penalty, I'm sure Hamilton has got the ball, but it was a risky challenge to make as it gives the ref a decision. He also should have dealt with it better earlier, when Ryan was running at him on the wing, every man and his dog knew he was going to cut in, yet Hammy didn't even try to force him wide.

There was actually an incident later in the half where Hamilton gave Ryan a little shove - I actually thought that merited a penalty more than the one given.

Going forward for us, Nouble didn't get as many opportunities to drift wide as I would like. Dowds put in a good shift but he was found wanting when it came to his finishing. Donnelly was tidy without doing anything special and Scott Stewart had a quiet game, certainly not near the standards he has set this season. Bobby made an impact on the game while Hilson, like the Morton game a month back, just looked utterly devoid of confidence. 

I thought Harrison Clark played quite well and was surprised he got taken off. Craigen was quite sloppy when he came on but I think it was him that put the eventual cross in for TOB to head in the equaliser.

36 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

There was actually an incident later in the half where Hamilton gave Ryan a little shove - I actually thought that merited a penalty more than the one given.

Yeah, I think it was Ricky that shoved Ryan. I'd have given a penalty. Maybe the ref was just evening things up after his earlier horrendous mistake...

Edited by lichtgilphead

Wooft Accies are not looking very good at all, dear knows how they managed a point in this game, and it was looking like they were going to do a smash and grab for all 3 too. Arbroath absolutely battered them, but just couldn't get the ball in the net. Finally got their goal but even a draw was a steal for Accies, very poor looking outfit.
Big Joel makes it look effortless holding off 3 or 4 players till runners go past him, looking forward to seeing if he can do that for us in the top flight too, cracking looking player.

That was Joel on an off day. He’s much better than that. We’re going to miss him.

3 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

You must be fuckin nuts watching that shite most weeks.

Joke team.

A joke team who have spent more years in the top League the last two decades than your gang will ever achieve   and that was with two dreadful Managers in Canning/Rice for most of that period.

We are a club at a low ebb due to corrupt Owners who have chased many fans away including many  who fought to save our club when we were homeless,a club having to play wee boys who are physically not ready for this League and today showed that in abundance and a fan base who once again are fighting to make sure we will have a club in the future as this chancer McGowan will want to close us down the way he threatened to do when at Raith.

I have a lot of time for Arbroath  and actually hope you go up ,but some of your fans have become Billy Big Bollocks all of a sudden due to the success of the last few years.

Great fighting spirit from us to keep going when it looked like it wasn’t going to be our day. Ref was an absolute joke and it was never a pen. Any other day we would have won that comfortably.
Cant think of any positives for hamilton other than the academical vaults is a great wee pub [emoji106]

Decent result but really should’ve won it, sorry for the billy big boys attitude. Seriously loving this season so far, punching above our weight but feel there is more to come. 

a word again about Mckenna, superb every single week, actually can’t recall such an improvement in one player in all my days. 

We shouldn't be coming across as "big bawz" if that's the case.  We were right down there when Dick Campbell took over.

The incessant time wasting was a tough watch however. That said I was sorry to read about the young lad with the chest pains.  Hope he's fine.

Edited by DUAFC

11 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

A joke team who have spent more years in the top League the last two decades than your gang will ever achieve   and that was with two dreadful Managers in Canning/Rice for most of that period.

We are a club at a low ebb due to corrupt Owners who have chased many fans away including many  who fought to save our club when we were homeless,a club having to play wee boys who are physically not ready for this League and today showed that in abundance and a fan base who once again are fighting to make sure we will have a club in the future as this chancer McGowan will want to close us down the way he threatened to do when at Raith.

I have a lot of time for Arbroath  and actually hope you go up ,but some of your fans have become Billy Big Bollocks all of a sudden due to the success of the last few years.

There isn’t any bully big time attitude honest.

And a lot of respect for what Hamilton have achieved in recent history, it really is a miracle some of it. Being top of prem after 11 games, wins at OF away, season after season in top flight. No idea how you’ve managed it, genuinely. Not much difference between you lads and an Airdrie for example and look at the difference. 

Joke team more a dig at the team on the park yesterday. It was incredibly frustrating at the time wasting going on, I’ve seen us do it plenty but not for a full second half. 

If we never got an equaliser at the very least I think my head might’ve exploded 😂

also f**k you referee for one last time 

14 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

Relieved to get a point but, on the balance of play, it's still 2 dropped.

It was like men against boys, purely in terms of physicality but we really let ourselves down in the final third.

As for the penalty, I'm sure Hamilton has got the ball, but it was a risky challenge to make as it gives the ref a decision. He also should have dealt with it better earlier, when Ryan was running at him on the wing, every man and his dog knew he was going to cut in, yet Hammy didn't even try to force him wide.

Going forward for us, Nouble didn't get as many opportunities to drift wide as I would like. Dowds put in a good shift but he was found wanting when it came to his finishing. Donnelly was tidy without doing anything special and Scott Stewart had a quiet game, certainly not near the standards he has set this season. Bobby made an impact on the game while Hilson, like the Morton game a month back, just looked utterly devoid of confidence. 

I thought Harrison Clark played quite well and was surprised he got taken off. Craigen was quite sloppy when he came on but I think it was him that put the eventual cross in for TOB to head in the equaliser.

This sums up my feelings. 

Hilson was decent last week when he come on but played off the striker. For a wide man why are we continuing to put him out there especially when we’ve sent Dyl Pats our on loan

223 Arbroath fans through too which I thought was decent and enjoyed the celebrations from the players. Well deserved and should’ve been 3 points 

Incredibly frustrating game thought we dominated majority of the 90. Never a penalty, referee was a joke like so fucking bad,  the Hamilton time wasting tactics were ridiculous. Some feeling when TOB powered that heeder in as it’s the least we deserved. 

Hamilton been one of the poorest teams I’ve seen this season and that’s on both showings.