Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

Saw Jacob Brown against Blackburn a couple of times for Barnsley and Stoke. Can play anywhere across the front and quite nippy. Had no idea he was eligible for Scotland though.

PS either his wiki page has been superbly edited or he has the best full name ever.

Edited by C. Muir

1 minute ago, KingRocketman II said:

am seething cos a pacy winger/attacker was needed and Clarke decided this guy was a better option than Russell....

You're always seething because you always get it wrong mate. You need to sort your expectations out I'd say. 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's a Stoke player who used to play for Barnsley, something I have known for a long time. Need I say more?

Good player always stood out in the Barnsley games out wide had no idea he could play for us though 

Quite happy though played all the games this year as well so probably deserves his place

7 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Like Fraser he can play out wide or as a forward through the middle I've only saw him out wide though

And his goals return suggest that is were he has played for most part of his career

Or maybe has played through the middle and isn't very good? We have players scoring goals .... who play on the wing..... Russell....

Saw Jacob Brown against Blackburn a couple of times for Barnsley and Stoke. Can play anywhere across the front and quite nippy. Had no idea he was eligible for Scotland though.
PS either his wiki page has been superbly edited or he has the best full name ever.

That means you've seen him more than 99% of Scottish football Twitter have seen of Russell, Gauld and Henderson put together this season IMO.

Don’t follow the lower leagues in England so hadn’t heard of Brown but seems to be quite highly rated.
Getting young English guys in the squad is a good strategy imo. That’s where the talent is.

4 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Nisbet and O’Donnell. Clarke just picking at random?

It's the opposite I think. He picks pretty much the same squad every time and those two are always in it.

O'Donnell isn't very good but we know he can do a job in the system we play. The alternative is probably Ralston who looks to have improved this season but is still a bit shite and unproven in this team. The other alternative is probably Ramsey, but we've already got Patterson who is similar and slightly more experienced. If either of them continue to improve and show form over a sustained period then they'll eventually take O'Donnell's place.

I wouldn't have lost any sleep over Nisbet dropping out but it's also not as if we've got great alternatives waiting to take his place. I wouldn't expect Brophy/Watt/Stewart to offer more and I'm not sure Grant has committed to Scotland.

Clarke clearly values continuity and known quantities over having potentially marginally better but unproven bench options. Given recent results, it's hard to argue with that approach.