Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

14 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Maybe they believe he should be ahead of SOD and a player who isn't getting a game for his club. My guess certainly 

I mean I’m not as big a SOD fan as many on here but he’s started Motherwell’s last 7 games, so “not playing” isn’t something you can say about him.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

I mean I’m not as big a SOD fan as many on here but he’s started Motherwell’s last 7 games, so “not playing” isn’t something you can say about him.

I had assumed he was referring to SOD and AN Other. And the other I could only assume would be Gilmour. Great shout to test him as a right back or a right wing back. Personally I would have Gilmour in the heart of a back three. 

14 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Maybe they believe he should be ahead of SOD and a player who isn't getting a game for his club. My guess certainly 

It's still the same Anthony Ralston that wasn't good enough for Celtic last year

Why is he suddenly good enough for them now and Scotland 

But aye right now he probably looks at better player than SOD 

But SOD is solid on one on ones and is good in the air and more defensive minded

And that is why he is in,also don't think there is even a debate about who is better when comparing him to Patterson 

If we are taking Patterson out the squad the rest who aren't getting much game time need to come with him,Gilmour and Fraser and Armstrong 

And that simply isn't going to happen not with Stevie Clarke 

Just now, KingRocketman II said:

I had assumed he was referring to SOD and AN Other. And the other I could only assume would be Gilmour. Great shout to test him as a right back or a right wing back. Personally I would have Gilmour in the heart of a back three. 

Actually they mean Patterson. I’ve picked that up all wrong.

20 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Patterson, playing or not, is clearly a better player than Ralston though. And SOD, for all his faults, is relatively experienced at international level now, and Clarke obviously trusts him.

Ralston is currently looking competent for the first time in his career, and he still won’t be anywhere near Celtic’s long term plans. Because he isn’t very good. 

Never heard of Jacob Brown, but it’s always fun to see new players come into the squad. If he’s as quick as some are suggesting, that could definitely be an asset. We don’t really have an explosive sprinter up top.

Not to be cynical or anything but the Jacob Brown call-up confuses me. Admittedly I've never heard of him or seen him play before but he will have to be 'exceptionally good' to justify a call up to the Scotland squad. What harm could bringing a genuine u21 Scotland striker into the first team have done? Brown's goal-scoring record isn't exactly anything to be excited about. I'd have had Tony Watt called up instead.   

Just now, monthefife said:

Not to be cynical or anything but the Jacob Brown call-up confuses me. Admittedly I've never heard of him or seen him play before but he will have to be 'exceptionally good' to justify a call up to the Scotland squad. What harm could bringing a genuine u21 Scotland striker into the first team have done? Brown's goal-scoring record isn't exactly anything to be excited about. I'd have had Tony Watt called up instead.   

We don't need a goalscorer to be honest. We need pace.

1 minute ago, monthefife said:

The u21 forwards aren't good enough for the u21s

2 minutes ago, monthefife said:

I don’t think it’s a stretch to think that Jacob Brown is probably a better player than Zak Rudden and Glenn Middleton are 

1 minute ago, monthefife said:

I don’t think you need to be exceptionally good to get a call up ahead of Tony Watt tbh.

Brown is 23 and might be useful, or at least develop and become useful. Watt is 27 and can’t play dead.

I like the idea of churning the bottom of the squad to see what you have, but if you’re doing so it makes sense to bet on players with an exceptional trait/skill, or who might improve. Watt isn’t either of those things and will never be good enough.

6 minutes ago, monthefife said:

the Jacob Brown call-up confuses me. Admittedly I've never heard of him or seen him play.

Delicious.

Seeing this a lot tbh. "Never seen him play but *insert players name here* is obviously better"

Hes a 1 in 3 goalscorer in the Championship who's apparently rapid, its surely not hard to see why Clarke has called him up after, presumably, watching him a few times this year.