The Robert Jones Derby, Dumbarton vs Clyde

Some Clyde fans embarrassing themselves there for f**k knows what reason.

Faz made the wrong subs. Schiavone should never have come off and playing Stokes up front was a strange choice, despite him getting the goal. McKee was honking all day but we switch off time and time again and it costs us. Two minutes to see off a completely pish side and we couldn't manage it. We appear mentally weak.

A total sickener at the end there tbh, we are honkin at the back. We had plenty of chances to win it in the 2nd half but when the manager takes off the two only strikers on the pitch with 20 to go it’s always going to be an uphill battle. Why he thought Schiavone and Orsi deserved to be hooked before McKee, Geggan or even MacLean is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Some Clyde fans embarrassing themselves there for f**k knows what reason.

Faz made the wrong subs. Schiavone should never have come off and playing Stokes up front was a strange choice, despite him getting the goal. McKee was honking all day but we switch off time and time again and it costs us. Two minutes to see off a completely pish side and we couldn't manage it. We appear mentally weak.

You are not exactly total football yourself.

Ramsbottoms positioning for that equaliser was horrific. The cross shouldn't be getting that far, we had enough bodies back to defend that. What a kick in the balls. That and the Airdrie game have cost us big time. Basic defending and goalkeeping seems to be lacking

That was caused by a referee totally losing control of a game and McLean being an absolute walloper. Pitch invasion was stupid. Sickener to 1-0 down great bottle to bring it back. Hopefully a turning point for us. 🇾🇪🇾🇪

A point seemed fair enough to me. We did drop very deep in the second half and fair play to the Dumbarton boy for drilling the corner in low (something nobody else had thought of). Very hard to really analyse that too much, the conditions meant the game was a nonsense. Deeply disappointing that East Fife equalised but we can only focus on ourselves really.

Whilst the pitch invasion was unnecessary, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing MacLean trudge off the pitch after giving it the big one. It’s all part of the fun though.

2 points dropped there - only got ourselves to blame.  Paton was abysmal still don’t know how he missed that tap in. 

Probably would’ve taken a point before the game but after the way it played out definitely a sickener.  Given how tight the league is we can’t be throwing away points like that.  It means f**k all that we’re a better team than Clyde if we’re not turning performances into results.

Thought Schiavonne had a good game and should’ve been kept on. His hold up play is really good for an eighteen year old. 

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Perhaps you should've looked at the behaviour of MacLean after the Dumbarton goal.

Not that he has any previous for a spirited reaction.

Ask Sam Wardrop after the August clash or the stand side Assistant who instigated a straight red a couple of weeks ago. Comes across as a delightful chap.

Just now, sonsism said:

2 points dropped there - only got ourselves to blame.  Paton was abysmal still don’t know how he missed that tap in. 

Probably would’ve taken a point before the game but after the way it played out definitely a sickener.  Given how tight the league is we can’t be throwing away points like that.  It means f**k all that we’re a better team than Clyde if we’re not turning performances into results.

Thought Schiavonne had a good game and should’ve been kept on. His hold up play is really good for an eighteen year old. 

No disrespect to Clyde but they are by and far one of the worst teams in the league and if we want to be anywhere outside either bottom 2 we shouldn't be settling for a point against them.

Our poor finishing and awful defending (yet again!!!) cost us a win today. The problem is that we have played East Fife and Clyde now and have 1 point to show for it. We are also one of the poorest sides in the league on current form.

7 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Exactly the kind of result which will have us in the bottom 2 at the end of the season... 

I’ll be honest, the more I watch us the more I think we are destined for another relegation battle. Our home form is absolutely dreadful and we have far too many passengers in the team. Guys like Geggan, Carswell, Buchanan, Ramsbottom and McKee are stinking the place out. Boyle, Lynch and McGeever have also been churning out below par performances for far too long now. We massively lack depth and guys like Muir, McKnight and O’Neil are the definition of jersey fillers. I think we need a new left back, striker and goalkeeper as a priority in January but I’m not confident that will happen.

Farrell isn’t doing much to instill confidence either, as much as today’s subs combined to score our goal they were brought on for the wrong players IMO (unless both Orsi and Schiavone were carrying injuries). I’m by no means saying he’s on a shoogly peg but this run of form we’re on is woeful and with some of the players he has at his disposal we should be picking up far more points than we currently are. I’m going into every game just now fearing the worst.

21 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Perhaps you should've looked at the behaviour of MacLean after the Dumbarton goal.

Obvious goading of Clyde fans for a full minute.

I'm glad he's not enjoying his evening.

Clyde fans booed him the whole game, give it out you can take it back. Don't invade the pitch like a bunch of wee neds.

Cannae really criticise anyone playing in conditions like they were. Page wis probably oor best player and Splaine done well tae get a few shots aff in the first half.

thought the worst when they scored.....but great that we never gave in...eh Maclean?