The Robert Jones Derby, Dumbarton vs Clyde

How didn't he control himself? It was the fans who went out on to the pitch who lacked control surely?
When did he dive?
A professional footballer who runs in the opposite direction from his celebrating team mates to stand 20 yards in front of opposition fans (60 yards from any team mate) gesturing directly at those fans for an extended period is , in my opinion, not in control.

That was the provocation that lead to the pitch invasion. His behaviour had consequences.

I'm amazed the linesman or referee chose not to see it.

The Clyde fans that ran into the park should also be ashamed of themselves. MacLean's behaviour was no excuse.

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

A professional footballer who runs in the opposite direction from his celebrating team mates to stand 20 yards in front of opposition fans (60 yards from any team mate) gesturing directly at those fans for an extended period is , in my opinion, not in control.

That was the provocation that lead to the pitch invasion. His behaviour had consequences.

The Clyde fans that ran into the park should also be ashamed of themselves. MacLean's behaviour was no excuse.

Hahaha, give yourself a shake. If a player gets pelters during the game he’s quite right to give it big licks if his team scores. I dunno how many times I’ve seen Sons fans giving a player pelter only for them to get it right up us after they score. 

Aye the pitch invasion had absolutely nothing to do with steaming wee fannies thinking they were Danny Dyer and it was entirely Ross MacLeans fault. 

29 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

One of these teams will finish bottom.

I don’t think you will find anyone who  will argue with that, we have been saying that about our side since August.

our (Clyde’s) only hope is to stay in touch till end of December and hopefully get some quality in January.
Today was at least a step towards that. Any team that fail to beat this Clyde side are a poor side,no doubt about the that.

Certainly marginally happier tonight than in recent weeks. Thanks again Goodie!

Dumbarton - jobbers.

Clyde - even worse jobbers.

Draw probably the fair result, given Dumbarton couldn't score from open play against that utter shanner of a team we've got. Would be surprised if both weren't jouking it out at the bottom as the season wears on, to be honest. Stormed to the pisser en route out after Dumbarton's goal and typically missed the equaliser, to cap off a dreadful afternoon's action.

46 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Absolute nonsense. He got stick all game *for no reason that I could see* and decided to give something back. He hardly ran right up to the fence an gave you a GIRUY or whatever. He's as entitled to do what he done as your fans are to boo him for no reason, if not moreso for the unwarranted stick he was getting. 

Your fans are a bunch of neds who were the only ones out of control during that match. Simple.

Edited by squeezebox-son

I think some people need to calm down a bit. It was three or four drunken idiots on the pitch after an unlikely equaliser when we have been rubbish for weeks. Very stupid? Unquestionably. It’s inexcusably stupid behaviour, but it wasn’t going to incite a riot.

For the record, I’m biased of course, but I didn’t think MacLean was getting it particularly tight other than for a brief period in the first half when it did look like he went down rather easily in the box. Perhaps I have been desensitised listening to some of the other vitriol dished out at Broadwood over the past few years.

8 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I think some people need to calm down a bit. It was three or four drunken idiots on the pitch after an unlikely equaliser when we have been rubbish for weeks. Very stupid? Unquestionably. It’s inexcusably stupid behaviour, but it wasn’t going to incite a riot.

For the record, I’m biased of course, but I didn’t think MacLean was getting it particularly tight other than for a brief period in the first half when it did look like he went down rather easily in the box. Perhaps I have been desensitised listening to some of the other vitriol dished out at Broadwood over the past few years.

I seriously seen nothing today that made me thought he dived at any time. I don't even think he claimed for a foul after the challenge in your box in the first half, did he?

Thought a couple of the Clyde players were a bit heavy handed today. First half one of your guys forced a forearm into the back of Schiavone's head needlessly and 2nd half Tade manhandled Carswell only to be awarded the foul and our player booked... 🤯

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

First, there's no excuse for the pitch invasion.

Second, players who taunt opposition fans for a full minute are likely to get a reaction when the opposition score a late equaliser.

Clyde fans aren't exceptional in that regard.

That's reality and that's why players get yellows or reds for inciting opposing fans.

Parry turned straight to the Dumbarton fans who had been giving him pelters for time wasting when Clyde equalised. It happens every week at every ground, just accept a few boys in your support made an arse of themselves. 

I'm not bothered at all about players doing what McLean did, but it's bizarre as he was hardly subjected to non-stop vile abuse. He also had a quite bizarre rant at the referee over a throw-in.

That was one of those games that Dumbarton probably edged, but not by enough to claim that a draw was unfair. They've gone even longer than we have without a win and are only the three points they picked up at Broadwood ahead of an absolutely diabolical Clyde team. They are every bit in a relegation scrap and will be for the rest of the season.

Parry made a great save from the one big, clear chance that Dumbarton had prior to their goal. The back four were fine, Page has his flaws but has done well in his two starts. It's an improvement having two centre halves who win headers. I thought Gomis and Splaine competed well, Gomis in particular, and hopefully last week is the last we'll see of Nicoll. Sadly the other four, the players we needed to create chances, were rubbish; I'd actually say that until he scored, Goodwillie was even worse than Jones, I hope Livingstone doesn't start in midfield again, and can we try and get Cunningham into a position where he can get more involved?

I still don't get why we signed Jones, or why we persist in playing him. Goodwillie on his own is better than Goodwillie with Jones, as the pairing simply don't link up. Jones just gets in the way. I've not been overly impressed with Tade but he at least has a brain and touch to play at this level. He did well for the goal, as did the referee for playing an advantage when Cuddihy was fouled.

Despite the conditions, I felt like Clyde participated in a football game today. I'm not sure if that's a positive, or if Dumbarton should be really worried. Regardless, I feel a bit better than most Saturday nights this season. The players deserve some credit for getting a point from that situation.

2 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

Why no ball boys. No use complaining about teams wasting time when we lose so much with the ball out of play other than a steward standing behind the goal. 
where is the community spirit of having young boys clubs covering this

The ballboys have apparently all resigned to spend more time with their families.

2 hours ago, microdave said:

I've just been telling my Mum about Ross MacLean's antics today. She's raging and I'm now emailing Nicola Sturgeon to see what she's going to do about it.

Haha she'll give you free travel,  prescriptions and f**k the tax payer who incidentally don't vote for her. Still laughing 😆