The Robert Jones Derby, Dumbarton vs Clyde

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Goodwillie will have a field day without McGeever to pocket him. 

Hopefully our attacking players can also have a field day against Clyde's defence and we win 5-4 or something. 

He would if he actually played up front, but that would just be madness!

Why would we do that when we have a useless 6’5” jersey filler instead!

50 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Goodwillie will have a field day without McGeever to pocket him. 

Hopefully our attacking players can also have a field day against Clyde's defence and we win 5-4 or something. 

Is McGeever properly fucked, aye?

We should be confident coming to this as Clyde are complete muck but we have somewhat imploded in recent weeks. Don't really care how we do it but 3 points is a must. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is McGeever properly fucked, aye?

We should be confident coming to this as Clyde are complete muck but we have somewhat imploded in recent weeks. Don't really care how we do it but 3 points is a must. 

He's going for a scan this week apparently. But there's no chance he'll be back for this one. Best case scenario would be "a few weeks" iirc from speaking to Faz on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Dumbarton 1-0 I rate Stevie Farrell and they beat us with ease on the opening day.

Don’t feel very optimistic about our chances these days!

3 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

A Robert Jones derby can only finish goalless.

Although I doubt it will be as high scoring as 0-0 with him playing striker.

Us keeping a clean sheet :lol:

I love how these threads have just descended into:

'We're absolutely shocking, enjoy beating us' 

'Nah nah we're much worse, you'll smash us to bits'

and Clyde have still been coming out second best every time. Absolute joke of a group at the moment. I'm still haunted by the midfield 4 of Kennedy, Nicoll, Gomis and Splaine. I'm not sure there's been a more lethargic midfield in the history of football. Rob Jones must have some scuddies Danny Lennon doesn't want out either.

Hopefully Cuddihy and Love are fit for Saturday. With that in mind, my Clyde team would be:

- Parry -

- Cuddihy, Elsdon, Page, Rumsby, Livingstone -

- Gomis, Splaine -

- Love -

- Cunningham, Goodwillie -

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I love how these threads have just descended into:

'We're absolutely shocking, enjoy beating us' 

'Nah nah we're much worse, you'll smash us to bits'

and Clyde have still been coming out second best every time. Absolute joke of a group at the moment. I'm still haunted by the midfield 4 of Kennedy, Nicoll, Gomis and Splaine. I'm not sure there's been a more lethargic midfield in the history of football. Rob Jones must have some scuddies Danny Lennon doesn't want out either.

Hopefully Cuddihy and Love are fit for Saturday. With that in mind, my Clyde team would be:

- Parry -

- Cuddihy, Elsdon, Page, Rumsby, Livingstone -

- Gomis, Splaine -

- Love -

- Cunningham, Goodwillie -

bradley walsh in for parry

13 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

afraid so, we have  been spoiled with mitchell for to long, parry i am sorry hes made to many mistakes as it is

Oh do shut up, what an insane point.

You've literally said we were spoiled by having Mitchell, so you want to chop a perfectly competent keeper because he's not been quite as good as him? Aye he's made a couple of mistakes but he's still very much settling into the team. He's also made some great saves. He should NOT be dropped.

Why are Clyde fans so f*cking mental.

The goalkeeping situation is the very least of our worries. Yes Parry's been dodgy for a couple of the goals conceded but Mitchell made mistakes too. Plus even the best goalies in the world will concede 2/3/4 a game with muck defenders/midfielders in front of them.

However lucky we were to win that day, I would go back to a similar team as Cove at home earlier in the season, 352 with Parry and Page replacing JBH and Rumsby from that day. The obvious weak link with that is Munro at RWB but however rotten he was against Falkirk I still just about prefer him to Mortimer. If Cuddihys back then obviously he plays there. Gets Cunningham closer to Goodie too which we all know brings the best out of the pair of them. 

Edited by C. Muir

We are obviously very poor, but replacing Jones and getting Goodwillie directly up top improves us massively with just that one change for a start.  Cunningham beside him obviously.

As said many times, Jones is as bad a player seen in a Clyde strip and that is saying something!

Page looked ok on Saturday, unfortunately Elsdon was shocking so as far whoever we put in at CH next to Page is much of a muchness.  Controversial I know but I actually don’t think Rumsby is any worse than Elsdon or Balatoni. 
Cudihy being fit would also be important, I assume in for Nicol but I think Lennon will start him as he seems desperate now.

RB major issue nothing decent there, Docherty did surprisingly well at the weekend but will he do that twice in a row?

Parry is ok.. probably as good as we can get at this level, as said before not brilliant but least of our worries!

At the end of all this, if we get a point we are doing well! Depressing stuff being a Clyde fan these days. 

In the summer Lennon signed two right backs, Monro and Mortimer. He doesn't trust either and prefers Cuddihy.

Lennon also signed three left backs, Livingston, Devaney and Docherty. Again he doesn't trust any to be first choice.

In the summer Lennon signed the worst forward I've ever seen playing for Clyde. He rarely contributes to our offence but amazingly he plays most matches.