The Robert Jones Derby, Dumbarton vs Clyde

Three main points here that need addressing. 

1. It’s no wonder Clyde are bottom of the league when they spent 85 mins time wasting like they were 2-0 up. They are stinking and sticking by danny Lennon will only pro long the pain. 

2. Why on earth Wilson was left on the bench for nearly 80 mins when we were creating nothing is symbolic management from Faz. Wilson was player of the month and is all of a sudden just bench worthy? Sort it out. He’s a diamond amongst rocks and by far our best and most creative player. He should always start. 

3. Paul Paton is absolutely shite. He’s wasteful on the ball. He’s slow. His technical ability is non existent and he’s fucking hopeless in front of goal. Amazing he played 90 mins when Wilson was sat on the bench. 

Sort it out. 

1 minute ago, DobbiesAgent said:

1. It’s no wonder Clyde are bottom of the league when they spent 85 mins time wasting like they were 2-0 up. They are stinking and sticking by danny Lennon will only pro long the pain.

We aren't bottom of the league and your keeper was time-wasting in the first half while drawing 0-0 at home. Apart from that and outstanding post

Just now, DobbiesAgent said:

2. Why on earth Wilson was left on the bench for nearly 80 mins when we were creating nothing is symbolic management from Faz. Wilson was player of the month and is all of a sudden just bench worthy? Sort it out. He’s a diamond amongst rocks and by far our best and most creative player. He should always start. 

Agree with most of this point pretty strongly. The only thing I'd say is that given he's young, he has to perhaps be 'managed' properly and not start every single game.

The use of subs was poor today, and Wilson coming on so late was very strange.

Very frustrating...felt like a defeat at the final whistle. Dumbarton had enough chances to win that game comfortably and dropped points like that may haunt us at the end of the season. Chuckie MacLean is definitely one of those players you love on your side but detest if he's playing for the opposition! Not enough pantomime villains in football so I hope he never changes!

32 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

No disrespect to Clyde but they are by and far one of the worst teams in the league and if we want to be anywhere outside either bottom 2 we shouldn't be settling for a point against them.

Our poor finishing and awful defending (yet again!!!) cost us a win today. The problem is that we have played East Fife and Clyde now and have 1 point to show for it. We are also one of the poorest sides in the league on current form.

From what I saw on the stream it was two Vanilla teams playing out a draw. Nothing I saw suggests that Dumbarton were hard done to today. 

9 minutes ago, mike rankine said:

Very frustrating...felt like a defeat at the final whistle. Dumbarton had enough chances to win that game comfortably and dropped points like that may haunt us at the end of the season. Chuckie MacLean is definitely one of those players you love on your side but detest if he's playing for the opposition! Not enough pantomime villains in football so I hope he never changes!

Its the classic case of football fans (myself included) dishing out abuse for 90 mins, but the second a player dare give anything back, claiming its a disgrace.

Great stuff.

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, bhoonaman said:

From what I saw on the stream it was two Vanilla teams playing out a draw. Nothing I saw suggests that Dumbarton were hard done to today. 

I thought we had more of the game in both halves and created better chances. But I pretty much agreed with you in the rest of my post. Early on we had some optimism but we have looked every bit as bad as Clyde and East Fife in recent weeks, unfortunately. 

Edited by squeezebox-son

That was a really sore one.

Clyde probably tested Ramsbottom with more shots on target than we tested the Clyde keeper, but we had more possession and more chances. Some excellent balls into the box that we couldn't get on the end on. Really frustrating that we couldnt take advantage of the conditions in the 2nd half and that it took so long for us to decide to have shots from distance or just get balls into the box on top of the keeper or low across the 6 yard box. We made really hard work getting the goal against a relatively poor Clyde team and then shat it by conceding the equaliser within 2 minutes.

The state of the Clyde fans running onto the pitch and then the group of them spending the last couple of minutes right down at the barrier. The only thing more tin pot was the useless steward actually helping them get back to their seats and then looking gormless when his supervisor suggested that he should have been turfing them out the ground.

24 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

3. Paul Paton is absolutely shite. He’s wasteful on the ball. He’s slow. His technical ability is non existent and he’s fucking hopeless in front of goal. Amazing he played 90 mins when Wilson was sat on the bench. 

Sort it out. 

22 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

We aren't bottom of the league and your keeper was time-wasting in the first half while drawing 0-0 at home. Apart from that and outstanding post

Yeah I agree with this. Ramsbottom was at it a bit in the first half and it was frustrating me. Clyde took it to a whole new level in the 2nd half though trying to cling on for the draw but the ref let it happen so of course they will do what they can.

Clyde fans booed him the whole game, give it out you can take it back. Don't invade the pitch like a bunch of wee neds.
First, there's no excuse for the pitch invasion.

Second, players who taunt opposition fans for a full minute are likely to get a reaction when the opposition score a late equaliser.

Clyde fans aren't exceptional in that regard.

That's reality and that's why players get yellows or reds for inciting opposing fans.

35 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Sort it out. 

:lol:

I though Dumbarton were marginally better team but when you score in 89 you need to defend better than we did. 
we need to learn to hit target with shots. 

re the discussion about mclean. I don’t get him giving ref a barrage of abuse when he awarded a throw in to Clyde. Has he not learned his lesson?? 

for what it’s worth Wilson delivery for sons goal wasn’t very good but got a flick on . Don’t think it merits him a start 

I've never really understood football fans who get furious at players for having a go back at them.

If I'd ever been good enough to play at any level I would thoroughly enjoy winding up supporters.

Clyde fans gave MacLean stick. MacLean rubbed it in after we scored. If MacLean had ran in the stand after Stokes' goal we'd have a problem. Just as Clyde fans running on the pitch was a problem.

Anyway we should've won that game, but our finishing was horrific. Two points dropped without a doubt. Frustrating.

30 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Also the "abuse" of MacLean was very mild. A bit of booing for being a diver. If he can't control himself because of that he should maybe find another occupation.

How didn't he control himself? It was the fans who went out on to the pitch who lacked control surely?

When did he dive?

35 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Sort it out. 

:lol: