Kin

BigDoddyKane

Anyone watched this Irish TV Series on Dublin crime families? Im a couple episodes in and its excellent. Some great acting. The old boy playing Eamon Cunningham, seen him a few things over the years and he fair plays that character with understated menace

Edited by BigDoddyKane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished season 2. Bren was a great character. A truly horrible b*****d. Seems to me like he's the way these sorts of people should be portrayed. No glamour or charisma. Just an absolutely vicious, horrible, paranoid b*****d. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Just finished series 2, fantastic drama with some great acting, absolutely buzzing for series 3.

Just started watching Love/Hate again from the beginning  to fill the void for a bit 

Quite literally done the exact same as you 🤣

17 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Just finished series 2, fantastic drama with some great acting, absolutely buzzing for series 3.

Just started watching Love/Hate again from the beginning  to fill the void for a bit 

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Quite literally done the exact same as you 🤣

Hate to break the news regarding season 3...........

6 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Hate to break the news regarding season 3...........

Was just reading that. I wouldn't say it's impossible and I do think we will see more of it but probably not for a good while unfortunately 

58 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Was just reading that. I wouldn't say it's impossible and I do think we will see more of it but probably not for a good while unfortunately 

Ive not seen season 2 yet as not had time so not sure how it finishes but charlie cox recently just started filming daredevil born again for the mcu, so he could be tied up a while with that 

Got to imagine they'll throw a lot of money at the cast at some point to get together again

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Ive not seen season 2 yet as not had time so not sure how it finishes but charlie cox recently just started filming daredevil born again for the mcu, so he could be tied up a while with that 

Got to imagine they'll throw a lot of money at the cast at some point to get together again

From what I've read it was only expected to last two series but I doubt they expected it to be as popular as it is. Reading various articles it looks like at the earliest some point next year they'd be able to get a new series done but can definitely see it happening at some point.

I seem to be quite out of step here. Watched this based on some rave reviews and didn’t really enjoy it at all. 

Series 1 was engaging, if a bit silly, but nothing better than ok. Series 2 I just found a bit rubbish in all honesty. Quite surprised that all the critical reviews seem to love it. 

Infelt every plot and sub plot was too rushed, and didn’t ever find the characters believable or really like any of them. 

On 02/02/2024 at 14:27, Bairnardo said:

Just finished season 2. Bren was a great character. A truly horrible b*****d. Seems to me like he's the way these sorts of people should be portrayed. No glamour or charisma. Just an absolutely vicious, horrible, paranoid b*****d. 

Clearly a Celtic fan then.

29 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Michael's just pinned Bren to a chair. What an absolute boy Michael is. An absolute killer with a conscience.

The most dangerous men who walk this Earth.

I found him a slight disappointment 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I found him a slight disappointment 

There are times where I think the same, tbh. The acting hasn't lived up to the act. I could be doing the man a disservice. The bit where Bren goyt out and Michael punched the wall/radiator, just a minute or so of real han acting.

He's been excellent in the family scenes and the bit I write of. Flickers of Ciro in Gomorrah.

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

There are times where I think the same, tbh. The acting hasn't lived up to the act. I could be doing the man a disservice. The bit where Bren goyt out and Michael punched the wall/radiator, just a minute or so of real han acting.

He's been excellent in the family scenes and the bit I write of. Flickers of Ciro in Gomorrah.

Aye he's a decent character in all. I just would have liked maybe another flash or two of where his rep came from. There were some, but he was set up with this air of menace, I'd just have liked a drop of the guard a wee touch more. 

It got to the point where it was like there was a call to arms and I was ready to phone the Paisley mafia and acquire some shooters and take out the little ginger bastirt myself.

Not often I cheer when somebody is shot. Just a fucking horrible, ugly actor.

On 06/03/2024 at 04:50, Dons_1988 said:

I seem to be quite out of step here. Watched this based on some rave reviews and didn’t really enjoy it at all. 

Series 1 was engaging, if a bit silly, but nothing better than ok. Series 2 I just found a bit rubbish in all honesty. Quite surprised that all the critical reviews seem to love it. 

Infelt every plot and sub plot was too rushed, and didn’t ever find the characters believable or really like any of them. 

I watched a couple episodes over weekend and tbh it's not as great as the reviews say.