Players you never quite got the hype around

5 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

:lol: who’s it in comparison with from other Scottish clubs like? 

The players of the teams who consistently finished above them and beat them head to head? Hartley, Gordon, Pressley, Webster, Skacel and that’s just from one club who consistently beat them. There are a fair few others.

Zidane is one of the best players I’ve ever seen. I’m 42 and saw both Laudrups play, wonderful players, but Zidane was just another level for me. Zidane and the original Ronaldo were football manna to watch.

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Outside of Scotland I think Mbappe is Overhyped. I think he's great and will have a tremendous career but he's being touted as the next best in the world once Ronaldo/Messi retire. I actually think Haaland is that guy.

I don't know why, and don't even know who else to suggest, but I don't think it'll be either of them that really takes that mantle.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Kris Boyd and Steven Naismith had better careers (in my opinion) than everyone on your list other than Miller and Brown. Possibly Steven Fletcher at a push.

Fletcher has had a much, much better career than Boyd.  Boyd is in there with Kevin Thomson and Steven Whittaker. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The players of the teams who consistently finished above them and beat them head to head? Hartley, Gordon, Pressley, Webster, Skacel and that’s just from one club who consistently beat them. There are a fair few others.

:lol:  Only Craig Gordon came through at Hearts you realise, yeah?  Raith and Arbroath done well to bring through Hartley and Webster and f**k knows who Skacel came through at.   Elvis done well after coming through and punted from Rangers though so two players out your list came through from the name of this Forum.  Well done. 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

:lol:  Only Craig Gordon came through at Hearts you realise, yeah?  Raith and Arbroath done well to bring through Hartley and Webster and f**k knows who Skacel came through at.   Elvis done well after coming through and punted from Rangers though so two players out your list came through from the name of this Forum.  Well done. 

Ah, okay. I wasn’t about to go through every page. The title of the thread was players we never got the hype around. When I saw you defending those players, I assumed you were on topic. If it’s players that were brought through at other clubs, then yeah, Hibs brought through loads. Almost all of them on your list (particularly the ones who were there from 04-06 were a rich tapestry of unfulfilled potential however.

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Ah, okay. I wasn’t about to go through every page. The title of the thread was players we never got the hype around. When I saw you defending those players, I assumed you were on topic. If it’s players that were brought through at other clubs, then yeah, Hibs brought through loads. Almost all of them on your list (particularly the ones who were there from 04-06 were a rich tapestry of unfulfilled potential however.

So Andy Webster had a better career than Steven Whittaker and Kevin Thomson?  :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Zidane is one of the best players I’ve ever seen. I’m 42 and saw both Laudrups play, wonderful players, but Zidane was just another level for me. Zidane and the original Ronaldo were football manna to watch.

Ronaldinho was on the same level.   Utter genius. 

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Ronaldinho was on the same level.   Utter genius. 

I’d have him a little behind the other two, personally, but he was bloody great. It was such a great time to watch football.