Ayr United v Partick Thistle - 13/11/21

A welcome revenge pumping after years of us being rubbish at Somerset. If you’d offered me 4 points from the two trips to Ayrshire I’d have taken it, so to have come away with a comfortable 6 is very pleasing.

Still don’t think we’re title contenders, but really should be making the playoffs at this point.

Ayr are a tough one to judge, in that the squad looks better than some of the others in that bottom half of the league and should be ok, but they’ve been really, really shite in the two games against us.

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

A welcome revenge pumping after years of us being rubbish at Somerset. If you’d offered me 4 points from the two trips to Ayrshire I’d have taken it, so to have come away with a comfortable 6 is very pleasing.

Still don’t think we’re title contenders, but really should be making the playoffs at this point.

Ayr are a tough one to judge, in that the squad looks better than some of the others in that bottom half of the league and should be ok, but they’ve been really, really shite in the two games against us.

If we're still there or thereabouts at the turn of the year, we have a chance. 

Bring in one or two new faces (Lawless maybe?) in January window and we'd be capable of going on a run like last season.

I don't think Ayr were as bad, or we were as good, as the game at Firhill, but it was still a comfortable victory yesterday. We now have as good a defence as any other team in the division and we have a team that scores goals.

I'd say we're contenders.

23 minutes ago, Jag71 said:

Ayr United's appointment of Duffy was a strange one. I really don't know what their board was expecting.

He was an experienced coach on the wage bill, had three or four good results as stand in manager. Not really strange at all on the face of it. 

15 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

100% legit. Police were called but the steward that was assaulted didnt want to press charges

Wonder if that will make the papers or is it just when Ayr fans do wrong that the media are interested 🙄

Ah yes that well known media conspiracy against *checks notes* Ayr United?

3 hours ago, 9queens said:

Not getting over excited about our chances, let's not forget the battering ICT gave us and the non-performance v. Dunfermline. 

But compared to where we were at the start of 2021 it's very positive. 

I agree ICT gave us a bit of a going over. I think they are the first team that actually looked better than us.

However, we got a point then won our next two, both away from home. They haven't won in five now.

I'm not getting over excited but I think we are capable.

11 minutes ago, Jag71 said:

I agree ICT gave us a bit of a going over. I think they are the first team that actually looked better than us.

However, we got a point then won our next two, both away from home. They haven't won in five now.

I'm not getting over excited but I think we are capable.

Kilmarnock at Firhill looked better than us, won with minimum fuss that day.